Geometric/fractal, training....

Previous topic - Next topic

Zecora

So this has been going on for a bit now, in summary, one of my spiritual teachers gave me instructions on how to make an underlining surface to appear, then unfold; there were several class like situations where we covered this, but it's getting more complex, and less instruction-like now, more like being thrust into an immersion class, and no instructor nearby!

Fast forward, whenever I enter an altered state whether meditating, hypnogogic hallucinations, AP, LD, whatnot, when I see a shimmering darkness, or it's as if the darkness is alive; I focus on a single-point, various geometric shapes of increasing complexity arise, I'll try and increase my focus, and as I do so, the shape starts to glow, sometimes so much I open my eyes to see if there is another point of light.

Some geometric shapes are easy to figure out, but as they get increasingly complex, and abstract I'm at a loss as to the significance or purpose of what I am to do.

The most recent event involved my spirit guide/teacher grabbing me by my hand and whooshing me into a glimmering darkness area, I saw the tell-tale movement and pattern indicating time to focus per prior training.  Did so, focusing on a single point of light in my field, then widening my awareness of my surroundings whilst maintaining a particular level of focus or it would dissolve away. 

I'm not sure what I'm doing really, but kinda went with the flow, more concentration, broaden my field of awareness, till I turned and looked around, moving geometric patterns, coalescing and inverting on themselves, like collapsing, invert, flip, and exploding, remaking over and over.  It was as if I was floating in a sea of fractal patterns, undulating full immersion glimmering darkness and light, everywhere I turned there was various geometric patterns, in vivid movement, I tried to maintain my level of focus and take it all in, but it can be quite tiring, and eventually passed out/feel asleep. 

So questions, has anyone experienced various fractal patterns or geometric designs?  What's you're take on it?
I'm tired of this hostile environment, and aggressive, dogmatic moderation.  I'm taking my 40+years of OBE experience to a forum, where those who can and do project at will can further explore without the imposed limitations spurred from ignorance. Peace.

Szaxx

Learn to manipulate them. That's basically it.
It's as difficult as looking around only using head movements, if you move your eyes its a fail.
Does this explain the feel?

You are learning to manipulate the environment in a precise way. You have to keep the mind focused on what changes you make and focus on them NOT altering which they will from others thoughts.
This is an art in itself and you have to be able to multitask.
Imagine being responsible for getting some beings to safety.
You are chased by guys with guns set on killing those you're with.
You move to the attic and the next roof is 30 feet away.
If you don't keep the bridge you've created mentally intact, it can collapse if one of those escaping thinks it's goin to break.
Scaffold comes in handy in experiences like this. You maintain its integrity and prevent those chasing from realising their goal.
It's a challenge and I can't get enough of these experiences.
The lesson itself, did you have a body that you actually saw?
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Zecora

QuoteDoes this explain the feel?
Yes. 
QuoteYou are learning to manipulate the environment in a precise way. You have to keep the mind focused on what changes you make and focus on them NOT altering which they will from others thoughts. 
Oh, Makes sense, what you say really ties in other experiences with environmental manipulation.  Jeez, never put two and two together.

QuoteImagine being responsible for getting some beings to safety.
You are chased by guys with guns set on killing those you're with.
You move to the attic and the next roof is 30 feet away.
If you don't keep the bridge you've created mentally intact, it can collapse if one of those escaping thinks it's goin to break.
Scaffold comes in handy in experiences like this. You maintain its integrity and prevent those chasing from realising their goal.
Good analogy.

QuoteIt's a challenge and I can't get enough of these experiences.
Yes, quite.  I find it really fulfilling, very challenging, and enjoyable. 

QuoteThe lesson itself, did you have a body that you actually saw?
At first I was in my astral body, then took 3rd person view(floating just above & behind myself), then after I got that thrust into a room kinda feeling, I lost all sense of a body or form.  With looking around, I wasn't turning my head per se, just opening up my field of awareness(like when you can see 360*), where I was maintaining my focus on that one point, so a small circle of vision, and then opened up a separate one which I played around with broading the circle of vision.  Then experimented with moving it around separate from the first point...err, kinda like a chameleon does with it's eyes, I really struggled with that, as just the intense focus can be very mentally fatiguing, and as soon as I loose focus I loose the image.

You sound spot on.  This really helps clear things up for me. 
Thanks!
I'm tired of this hostile environment, and aggressive, dogmatic moderation.  I'm taking my 40+years of OBE experience to a forum, where those who can and do project at will can further explore without the imposed limitations spurred from ignorance. Peace.

Szaxx

You've added the 360 degree view which speaks volumes. This in itself will (if not already) be a major part of an experience. You'd know exactly how difficult it is to move in the desired direction if you are percieving a sidewards view from the 360* available view.  You see apparently forwards and any attempt to move sends you in a different direction. It's a total mind game working out whats required to correct the forwards direction viewpoint. I recall many frustrated nights in the late 60's working this one out. Eventually it was a case of intent to move in a forwards direction then secondly alter the window of perception.
Im sure you have met this dilemma.lol

Being formless is accompanied with an ambient tranquility, I can't think of one experience where this wasn't the case. Can you recall this feeling too?
It may have had an influence on you maintaining placidity for longer. After a few unsuccessful tries a little decorum may be required without it.

Zecora

QuoteThis in itself will (if not already) be a major part of an experience.
Expanding the visual field to such a degree is a relatively new phenomena, but an exciting prospect nonetheless.

QuoteYou'd know exactly how difficult it is to move in the desired direction if you are percieving a sidewards view from the 360* available view.  You see apparently forwards and any attempt to move sends you in a different direction.
Yes, noticed that as well.  I didn't realize others had those experiences as well.

QuoteIt's a total mind game working out whats required to correct the forwards direction viewpoint. I recall many frustrated nights in the late 60's working this one out. Eventually it was a case of intent to move in a forwards direction then secondly alter the window of perception.
Im sure you have met this dilemma.lol
Lol, yeah.  I really felt that it pushed my mental threshold, which was fun.

QuoteBeing formless is accompanied with an ambient tranquility, I can't think of one experience where this wasn't the case. Can you recall this feeling too?
Yes, definitely.  It's one of those saving graces I count on for the most part, say if I'm experiencing something intense in an astral form, I just slip out and it really changes the feeling, can focus more, think clearer, etc. and continue on my objective.  It's such a fun state to be in, and experience. 

QuoteAfter a few unsuccessful tries a little decorum may be required without it.
What do you mean?

Anyway, thanks, it's been quite enjoyable to hear what you have to say, love your insight. :)

Xanth

Quote from: Zecora on July 22, 2014, 01:03:21
Yes, noticed that as well.  I didn't realize others had those experiences as well.
Just a quick pointing out that...
... there isn't anything you can experience that someone else hasn't experienced as well.  Nothing is new.  Only new to you.  :)

Szaxx

The last part on decorum being required was an intelligent joke.
Re-phrashed, if the extra placidity wasn't present, most would throw in the towel with an agressive trait present.  :-D

Shortly after these 'lessons' I found myself in a white room. No doors no windows, just an average sized room.
I knew this time I had to get out if it without waking or phasing out.
It was empty apart from myself being present.
If you get this same lesson, it's a test of your implementation of non physical learnings. You can manifest any item you wish whilst inside.
It took a few days to work out the solution.
Have you had anything related to this one so far?

Zecora

QuoteJust a quick pointing out that...
... there isn't anything you can experience that someone else hasn't experienced as well.  Nothing is new.  Only new to you.  Smiley
Very true, something to keep at closer to heart and keep things in perspective. :)

QuoteThe last part on decorum being required was an intelligent joke.
Re-phrashed, if the extra placidity wasn't present, most would throw in the towel with an agressive trait present.  grin
Oh, ha ha. so true. Humor often eludes me, thanks for the explanation.

QuoteShortly after these 'lessons' I found myself in a white room. No doors no windows, just an average sized room.
I knew this time I had to get out if it without waking or phasing out.
I have had an experience where I couldn't phase out or wake up; I couldn't even mentally scan and find my body, or even anything outside the immediate parameters.  It was quite an experience,  and tricky in figuring out how to apply the various lessons thus far.  In that one, there were three rooms and a dirt road. I worked in mainly in two rooms, take a walk and ponder for a bit, go back in, try another method.  It took me a long time to understand, trouble shoot, then afterwards, process the experience.  I didn't go out of body for around a month after that, just first a comatose-like sleep, then dreaming again, then back to aps/obes.   I realized I have so much to learn, and really need to practice more after that. 

I have been to a white room before though, manifesting stuff, increasing my mental stamina, and force; but could wake up, not phase out though.  I think my guides go easy on me sometimes...I can be a bit derp, derp, with situations. lol.

How did you manage to get out?

Do you have a favorite lesson or technique?

Szaxx

Getting out of the room was stupidly simple. I'm sure it's posted on here already, the lesson with the room was to NOT use physical methods.
As manifestations were available, I tried everything from ray guns ( it was 1969 or so) to bullets. Not even a scratch.
Eventually I realised I only wanted a door.
I remember either chalking one or pointing a finger to create a door shape and it opened. The game was over and a very important lesson learned that's also applicable to everyone, 'utilise your percieved environment in a way that suits it'.
A dog wags it's tail, the tail never wags the dog.
If you try things out of place, you get nowhere.

Too many techniques, the best is always desire and intent. You need to have enough of these like your present life depended upon it. It can be generated without fear too, how you do that is a personal journey. You can read minds already, there's a way to imprint info into anothers mind and retrieve info too. It's similar to reading and a lot more involved. Eventually you'll get a lesson in this.

Lessons, you'll find that every experience is a lesson. After 50 years they still come. They are all experiential now and have been for decades. I'm constantly involved with retrievals. These come in all types of experiences. The more physical world ones are posted already. At times you are 'there' with little physical world memories (family life ect) apart from your analytical side and know nothing at all of what you have to do. These are a mental challenge to start, my impression is some higher authority is testing their knowledge of 'you' and know you'll do what's expected.
I have a motto, 'failiure is not an option'. This I take everywhere non physical and do my best to evolve by it.
We all have different mindsets and your experiences will be tailored to yours. A similarity still flows with everyone and the subject matter is the same.
You are progressing in the art, if you get a chance to ask for something, the question should be your version of, "Tell me what I NEED to know".
Results will come when you're not expecting them.

Zecora

That sounds like it was quite a lesson, really important and highly applicable to a broad amount of situations.  That's true what you say about too many techniques, and the best is desire and intent, sometimes, I like to shake things up in using an object or technique for a means of focus, but underneath it all, it's really the desire and intent that matters.

I haven't experienced the imprinting/retrieval of info, sounds like it would be quite the experience, and fun method to learn about other forms of existence.

I haven't done any retrievals yet, I'll probably go look that up, to make sure I understand the term, but there was one, where my neighbor's sister died, she hanged around my house for a bit.  I have a gatekeeper set up so I can project without being bothered, and after a few days, finally got an okay to talk to her(she had been banging on the door to my astral room); but when we did, she was in her own mental construct; I constructed a particular room for us to talk, asked her to come out and into this room, and my spiritual teachers and guides freaked out; covered my eyes, and whisked me away.  They said it was to protect me as it would have been traumatizing to see her.  Maybe later, much later, I'll learn about retrievals.

Thank you for taking the time and answering so many of my questions, as well as giving me those very good suggestions!

Jude101

I have the same reaction as well, after doing ayahuasca I cannot stop seeing geometric patterns every-time I meditate or try to AP. I looked into this and saw no one else having this kind of effects and so I thought I was the only one. It looks like your able to move away from the fractal patterns and into another state. It happens to me as well, accept that I get pulled into another dimensional state of being. I'll tell you something, you are doing what so many people out there don't believe could happen. You are proof that psychedelics are not necessary to reach these levels of consciousness. The fractal in my perspective resemble the construct of reality in a way that represents that everything is being created within us. Vibrational frequency's are what many of these fractals are and as you raise your vibration so do the patterns become more complex. Just like the frequency emitted from sound vibration, it becomes more complex the higher the frequency becomes. Allowing secret geometry patterns to appear;

Your experience with the spirit that was banging on you room to be quickly whisked away sounds familiar to mines. I was visited by my grandmother that passed away, I recognize that she was no longer living. I asked here how was she there, acknowledging to here and me that she was no longer alive in a physical sense. She just looked at me and some kind of guide stopped me from approaching here and next thing I know I'm waking up in my bed.
"We should consider ourselves as spirits having a human experience rather than humans having an occasional spiritual experience."

Zecora

That's really neat how ayahuasca provided that catalyst of experience.  I not very familiar with the plant, nor other shamanistic plants, but a friend of a friend had taken seer's sage or salvia, from what I heard from my own friend; it was also eerily similar, but as I understood it, she panicked and swore off anything that would replicate such an experience, never even heard much of such things prior.  I'm glad your experience was positive. 

In my own personal experiments, there are many keys to the doors of perception or specifically; ways to experience a geometric like simulation or however to call it; personally by means of lucid dreaming(as a gateway), meditation, OBEs, AP-ing, WILDs, and based on local culture or understanding I will include: self-hypnosis, psychosis, schizophrenia, depersonalization, derealization, bi-polar, (from my own region, conversations with educated people various fields, but especially psychology, any astral travel is considered a result of mental illness, and generally reacted to with fear.  Those are the most common labels attached to astral travel that I've heard.) under the umbrella of key or tool given the misunderstanding/mislabing of altered states of mind in my own culture.

I have noticed an alteration in complexity as well as nature of patterns in association with vibration or what frequency I've been attuned to, it's pretty fun to play around with phasing and watching the alterations as well as level of immersion.  Those are neat pictures, did you do them?  They remind me of the patterns I've seen, but also a top view of a sound I was listening too, whilist meditation, I focusing on sound alone, and as I heard a bag open, I saw a bright light, my eyes were closed, and it was dark(eyes closed), so I just mentally focused on the sound, and looked as if the sound unfolded and I saw undulating waves of light rising and falling.  Just to me, there is so much beauty and depth in the world.

I wonder why the visit with your grandmother worked out the way it did, it sounds like it was wonderful though.

Thank you for sharing your experiences, I loved reading them.