Heart racing almost too fast

Previous topic - Next topic

Liminalitus

Well, the other night, I was so close to projecting! But something happened that held me back. I got into a very meditative state, and then I got into a very deep trance (The trance part is not the problem - all I sometimes have to do is clear my mind, close my eyes, and imagine I'm in a descending elevator for about two-five minutes and I'm in the desired state). I felt myself exiting, but then my heart started to race way too fast. My normal Beats Per Minute is 39 (I have been meditating for a very long time now). But after a minute of my heart racing, I got very panicky and woke up. I took my pulse for ten seconds, and multiplied it by 6 to get a BPM of 90. It really freaked me out.

Has this happened to anybody else? Should I stop projecting? I hope this doesn't mean I have a heart problem..

vladjackguy

I don't think u have got a heart problem(that's my opinion)...i think u forced yourself or u just got excited....
Maybe u should take a break on projecting...after that try again to project and see what are the results..

My heart rate was high when i tried to project for the first time and that's why now most of the time I'm projecting from dreams...Or Your body was not relaxed enough...

All the best VLADJACKGUY
WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE WILL OVERCOME THE LOVE OF POWER THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~Jimi Hendrix
In the darkest place the littlest light is the brightest.~vladjackguy

interception

If you were in a deep trance state it was not your physical heart you felt, but your heart chakra/energy centre. 
It seems you panicked which would naturally have caused your physical heart to start racing. Panicking is a natural human response and happens for many reasons.
Just keep practicing! :)

CFTraveler

Quote from: Liminalitus on April 17, 2009, 19:25:32
Well, the other night, I was so close to projecting! But something happened that held me back. I got into a very meditative state, and then I got into a very deep trance (The trance part is not the problem - all I sometimes have to do is clear my mind, close my eyes, and imagine I'm in a descending elevator for about two-five minutes and I'm in the desired state). I felt myself exiting, but then my heart started to race way too fast. My normal Beats Per Minute is 39 (I have been meditating for a very long time now). But after a minute of my heart racing, I got very panicky and woke up. I took my pulse for ten seconds, and multiplied it by 6 to get a BPM of 90. It really freaked me out.

Has this happened to anybody else? Should I stop projecting? I hope this doesn't mean I have a heart problem..
If you actually took your pulse and found it to be high (60 is not high enough to be perceived as palpitations) then something in the process is stimulating it.
I suggest you try different positions to do this, and see if this makes a difference.  Also, take your pulse (or have someone else do it) before and when you experience this.
If it's only 60 I'd think it's the heart chakra, but if there is a rapid acceleration when you get drowsy you could have a mild condition called 'early beat', which manifests only when relaxed.

I'm not a doctor and am not qualified to give advice as to what to do, so I'd say get checked out by a medical practitioner, but I have this condition, which is not dangerous, now that I know what it is.

interception

Yeah, CFTraveler is right. If it will put your mind at ease, go and see a doctor.

However, there is not a reason on earth why you should stop meditating/trance practice. I also see no reason why you should stop your conscious projection attempts. After all, many people believe we project unconsciously during sleep.  :wink:

vladjackguy

I don't think AP related practices should make u harm in any way.Not only for it's main cause, to project, AP is meant to relax your body and your mind, you being aware of that.

Come back with results and tell us if you still got any problems.
WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE WILL OVERCOME THE LOVE OF POWER THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~Jimi Hendrix
In the darkest place the littlest light is the brightest.~vladjackguy

Liminalitus

Well, it's only happened once. I don't really expect it to happen again. Thanks guys.