Death, it's kinda like an Apple

Previous topic - Next topic

jkjk8991

So I had this very long, very intricate lucid dream last week. I had parts where I was more aware than others, but it ended with me getting on a bus, or a transport of some kind. I saw my grandpa on it(he's deceased) I went to sit next to him, I said, "hey grandpa" kind of solemnly, he replied, "hey buddy." He seemed like his old self, just happy to see me with a smile.
It was then I noticed he was eating an apple.
"how are you?"
"I'm good, I'm good," he replied.
"So, what's it like?" I asked sort of sadly, I could feel my love and sadness pouring in.
"it's kind of like an apple," he said looking at the one he was eating, "once you bite it in, you want more."

I woke up after this.

I know it might be a poor analogy to others, but to me it's the best one. It was the perfect metaphor for me because I don't really like apples....sort of. I always see apples in my house, and I always think, nah, I don't want that. But occasionally I'll grab one just to be healthy when I want a snack, and every time I take that first bite and I think to myself, "wow, apples are delicious." So this metaphor was just sublime for me, I woke up a little teary eyed from it, I just thought I'd share this experience because it's been one of my favorite.

Oversoul123

That was a very nice experience jkjk8991.  From my perspective, I get the impression that your grandpa was also hinting at reincarnation with that metaphor.  Thank you for sharing.

AJDIN

I like this story, thanks for the read