Confusion is my middle name

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachael Hicks

It's been 20 days since I've had a solid ap, I've lost all sensations to let me know when to get up in the rtz. Now when I go to sleep I'm there than here than there than here etc etc, I'm so confused its hard to know when to get up and explore. I'm losing my mind, it's hard to tell what's what and I'm wasting opportunities. Has anyone experienced this and what should I do? There has to be something better than just laying in bed during them, but when I get up I'm already back here! What's wrong with me? I'd pull my hair out if I wasn't already losing it on my own lol. Thanks for any advice
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream".            Edgar Allan Poe

Lionheart

Your post is confusing to me as well!  :?

Once you have all the signposts/sensations during your first projection, you won't necessarily have them in the next or for that fact ever again. We see these as signposts, but they can also be seen as fear tests and good news, you passed!  :-)

I am confused on this part of your post "Now when I go to sleep I'm there than here than there than here etc etc, I'm so confused its hard to know when to get up and explore".

You don't need to get up and explore, all you need to do is explore what you are seeing "here and there". You get to a point where you realize you don't need to "climb" out of the body. You just create a good NP (Non Physical) focus and you shift. Just like that plain and simple, like when you go to sleep. When you lie down to sleep you turn off your physical focus and then you shift. But not many people become consciously aware during this shift or when the shift has already occurred and now you are "there". There's nowhere else to go. If you don't like where "there" is, change your intent and go somewhere else.

But I always find that there was a good reason for me to be "there". That a lesson awaits. All I need to do is explore and find it.

Enigmatik

Quote from: Lionheart on April 21, 2014, 00:55:04
Once you have all the signposts/sensations during your first projection, you won't necessarily have them in the next or for that fact ever again. We see these as signposts, but they can also be seen as fear tests and good news, you passed!  :-)

I never thought about it like that.  Lol.  I like that a lot.  I actually thought at one point that I was regressing because I wasn't going through the ENTIRE process anymore.  Thanks for posting that!  I guess I passed!! lol :)

Rachael Hicks

Thank you lion heart, I've been reading everything I can get my hands on and it all leads to what you've said, which is good lol. I think I've learned to finally phase yay, but honestly without the signposts how do you all go about ap? I know it sounds crazy but I kinda like the green light so I know when to explore, but phasing or shifting is so fast, instantaneous, I'm not used to it. I'm trying to grow accustomed to it but it's really harder than I thought. I miss the weird humming :-(         And another off the wall question, I've always stayed in the rtz and it's always been peaceful and quite, but now it's so LOUD and I can hear harps playing, it's just so out of the ordinary for me, so my question is could I have finally almost experienced something other than the rtz?  If the answer happens to be yes than I'm gonna cry because I just laid there during them, like. Big ole dummy :|
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream".            Edgar Allan Poe

Lionheart

Quote from: Rachael Hicks on April 21, 2014, 23:32:40
I think I've learned to finally phase yay, but honestly without the signposts how do you all go about ap? I know it sounds crazy but I kinda like the green light so I know when to explore, but phasing or shifting is so fast, instantaneous, I'm not used to it.

Start your exploration right away then. When you lie down, get relaxed then start doing some walkthroughs. Nobody ever said that we HAVE TO go through a tedious challenge every time we wish to AP.

After awhile you get to your NP focus so fast that you can just walk out of one door and into another!  :wink:

Szaxx

Hi Rachel, as you've progressed in the RTZ it may be time to shift up a gear.
The next time you're in the RTZ shoot yourself upwards as fast as your thoughts can take you. Keep with the scene seen so your vision remains unbroken. At some poinr you'll find yourself in a different environment. If you tell yourself all day before doing this, you'll be placed in a nice wide valley, sunshine and trees lining the sides, you may end up there. This is the astral proper opening it's doors to you.
There will be a particular feel to ir that's different frin the RTZ.
You'll really like it.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Enigmatik

Quote from: Szaxx on April 22, 2014, 07:02:23
At some poinr you'll find yourself in a different environment. If you tell yourself all day before doing this, you'll be placed in a nice wide valley, sunshine and trees lining the sides, you may end up there. This is the astral proper opening it's doors to you.
There will be a particular feel to ir that's different frin the RTZ.
You'll really like it.

Szaxx, my first OOBE to AP put me in a place EXACTLY as you described.  And I mean no BS!  I floated up this valley.  This just happened a cpl of weeks ago.  Is this a common place among projectors?  This is unreal that you stated this, wow!  I even painted a picture of it I was so inspired by the experience. 

Szaxx

It's an environment I was taken to in '69 by my guides to show how pure the astral can feel. In '74 while concious exits were beginning to be successful, I chose this same environment and had a long flight in its beauty.
The guides suggestion of flying fast while staying aware would give results. Keep the thoughts alive of where you would like to end up as you zoom away from your meatsack.
I used this method initially, today visualisation and phasing is the norm.
I'm glad I suggested it.  :-D

Lionheart

Quote from: Enigmatik on April 22, 2014, 11:51:29
Szaxx, my first OOBE to AP put me in a place EXACTLY as you described.  And I mean no BS!  I floated up this valley.  This just happened a cpl of weeks ago.  Is this a common place among projectors?  This is unreal that you stated this, wow!  I even painted a picture of it I was so inspired by the experience. 
Make it your "Happy Place" and it shall be!  :wink:

Rachael Hicks

Thank you, I feel like a bother but this is all so new to me. I think I've got everything down to a 'science' besides the intent part of it. Once I've shifted I get lost in the moment and forget everything, it's hard for me to rem once I'm 'there' to think of a place to go or to fly somewhere. I just walk around like a zombie or stand there like a dear in headlights. I've been watching Tom's utube videos (well trying to) he's so fascinating, just wish the videos were in order, I'm having a hard time piecing them together lol :-D

Lionheart

It's no bother Rachael. That's what this Forum was created for. To help others learn to AP and share what is seen, for the most part that is!  :-)

If you are not creating your own intended destination, try to find out why you are going where you are. There is something to be seen and experienced in every location you find yourself!  :wink:

Even a "Dear in headlights" learns something valuable :-D, lol!

Rachael Hicks

Thanks, I just wish learning wasn't so hard lol

Szaxx

To help you Rachel, it's not so much a location, like you'd find on a map, it's more of a feeling you wish to experience. The more pleasant (without going into the heights of total love) your experience is the better generally. There will be a point (frequency) where your personality fits very well, trying to achieve far higher than this will make things harder, less successful and your time as percieved within the environment will be short too. Although grounding yourself helps extend your stay it's better to obtain a base level experience many times before reaching the heights.
Go for something you like feeling, something that makes you feel good. It's hard to find words to explain. It's the general ambience, perhaps you've been on holiday and had a day that you wanted to last forever. It's this feeling to keep in mind as  an experiential destination. The percieved location will be perfect for your desires.

EscapeVelocity

Rachael,

You are doing great and it's a pleasure to watch your progress. Hint#1(IMO) The learning, and the difficulty (challenge) of the learning never end...or at least for a gazillion years or so.  :-D

Some thoughts from my perspective:

Your RTZ experiences are drawing to a close, you are losing the signposts that you once knew. Because you no longer need them. Now you have to find your way to phasing and the Astral. How?

You've already given yourself one clue: the apparent lack of volition/direction you notice in your projected double should be a strong clue. Szaxx gave you a direction out of there.

This apparent lack of volition/direction also indicates something else: the development of the 'second personality' that will need to occur. You build on this brick by brick.

Thanks so much for sharing; we all learn so much from this!

EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Rachael Hicks

Wow thanks again for the much needed advice, I've never thought about trying to get somewhere through a feeling, but that makes sooo much sense. I'm gonna try that tonight, just think about something that made me beautifully happy and let go of everything else and let my 'self' take the reigns and enjoy the experience no matter where it takes me. Wish me luck, I'd love to see those trees in the astral proper :-)

2fly4thesky

Quote from: Lionheart on April 21, 2014, 00:55:04

You just create a good NP (Non Physical) focus and you shift. Just like that plain and simple, like when you go to sleep. When you lie down to sleep you turn off your physical focus and then you shift.

You guys are always saying you don't have to do anything, just start the process through noticing and it will happen. But then u say "and then you shift" implying that you're actively doing this shifting. How do you shift? That is the question. It's easy to get hypnagogic imagery. It's easy to get to the point where you start noticing stray energy. But how do you shift from there? Something must be done.. because laying there and not doing anything.. is not doing anything.

Szaxx

Quote from: 2fly4thesky on April 24, 2014, 10:18:07
You guys are always saying you don't have to do anything, just start the process through noticing and it will happen. But then u say "and then you shift" implying that you're actively doing this shifting. How do you shift? That is the question. It's easy to get hypnagogic imagery. It's easy to get to the point where you start noticing stray energy. But how do you shift from there? Something must be done.. because laying there and not doing anything.. is not doing anything.

The meditation, phasing ect is pushing the ball up the hill. Once you reach the top it rolls down by itself. This is where nature takes the reins and if you ALLOW it to do so it will provide an experience based upon your intent and thoughts.
It really can't be forced. Square peg, round hole...
Knowing where the top of the hill is you'll find signposts and see the destination before you. ( Phasing with visualisations being a perfect example)

Xanth

Quote from: 2fly4thesky on April 24, 2014, 10:18:07
As Szaxx so poetically put it... the "and then you shift" is entirely a passive event. 

If there is anything in this that you do it's that you "get the hell out of the way".  LoL  :)

2fly4thesky

I went to sleep shortly after that last post and while going to sleep I decided I would sort of phase to sleep by seeing how deep I could go before I fell asleep. During that session I noticed a few things. I think what's been messing me up is the way I've been focusing. At first, I would focus in a way where I'd begin to go deeper but then once I got deeper and felt a shift or sensed something I would focus in a way that brought me out of it.. So my problem would be my interpretation of the word "focus".

Basically for me there's a good way to focus and a bad way to focus. The bad way to focus is like seeing an attractive person and staring at them directly and attentively, analyzing them and noticing everything about them. The good way to focus would be like seeing an attractive person but only observing them with your peripheral vision. I think when we visualize we are using that good way of focusing. And when I'm trying to phase and nothing at all is happening it's because I'm looking dead ahead focusing directly on what's in front of me waiting and observing.

Anyways, I got pretty deep last night before I fell asleep once I started focusing properly.

Szaxx

You got it, just notice something appearing and leave it at that. No interrogation or analytical actions are required, these will push the restart button.
See how you progress now you understand more.

Lionheart

2Fly, instead of "focusing", try to passively observe.

We talk about a focused will and intent quite a bit. That usually is directed at your intended destination or action. But when just being aware while undergoing the natural sleep process, observation is what is necessary.

Rachael Hicks

I've read some where on another thread that you can phase while being awake, is this truly possible? I just wanted to know if it's like a daydream when you do it or if it's like a full oobe? When I imagine this I imagine it kinda like remote viewing, in which I'm still trying to conquer lol. I think I'm straining my brain to hard is why I'm not good at that. So if you aren't good at remote viewing is it possible to phase while sitting at a park etc?

Lionheart

Quote from: Rachael Hicks on April 27, 2014, 20:47:56
I've read some where on another thread that you can phase while being awake, is this truly possible? I just wanted to know if it's like a daydream when you do it or if it's like a full oobe? When I imagine this I imagine it kinda like remote viewing, in which I'm still trying to conquer lol. I think I'm straining my brain to hard is why I'm not good at that. So if you aren't good at remote viewing is it possible to phase while sitting at a park etc?
Yes that's what Phasing entails. Being consciously aware, (aka awake), while in the NPR.

Remote viewing is just something you are doing while in the NP. It's an intent.

Yes straining your brain can be counterproductive. But there is a technique that involves just that, but literally!
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/technique_quotbrain_strainquot-t32555.0.html

Xanth

Quote from: Rachael Hicks on April 27, 2014, 20:47:56
All of the above.