News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Dream or OBE?

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin_Ace

Recently I had an experience that I believe was astral projection. I was visiting my parents and went to sleep in the guest room at night. It was night time and the blinds were shut, it was pitch black in the room. I Had been asleep for maybe an hour when I "woke up" - I put this in quotations because I felt tingling and I sat up in bed, and I FELT like my body was still laying down. I could barely see anything in the room but at the foot of my bed were 2 shadow figures that seemed to be looking at me. I was a little bit frightened and reached over to the night stand to grab my phone so I could have some light, and I saw a third shadow standing right next to me. That's when I got freaked out and actually woke up, grabbed my phone and turned its flashlight on. The shadows were gone, but I was scared and decided to sleep with the lights on. I haven't had an experience like that since.

So, I'd like to hear the opinion of someone more experienced with AP. This to me truly felt like an OBE even if all my astral body did was sit up in bed for a few seconds.

I've been experimenting with lucid dreaming methods, and I also meditate often and have gotten into some pretty deep trance states. I've of course heard of and researched astral projection but have never attempted it.

So... Thoughts?

EscapeVelocity

Your experience sounds much like an early event that involves elements of both Sleep Paralysis and Hypnogogia (the introduction of shadow figures), in other words a partial exit. These can be tricky and deceptive to your interpretation.

Check out the first forum's stickies relating to 'How I got out for the first time' and 'Everything you ever wanted to know about Sleep Paralysis'. These threads will give you a lot of ideas about what you need to be on the lookout for in your early experiences.

The remarkable thing you did in this experience was that you didn't get panicky or fearful when the shadow figures showed (which was all subconscious stuff anyway)...well done!

You say that you are experimenting with LD methods, now you are getting results and being challenged with dealing with Non-Physical experiences and how you react to them...
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

LightBeam

You had a false awakening. Your awareness was tuned into the higher frequency energy parallel/ astral world/non physical world, however you want to call it. You sat up with your energy "body" and observed the shadows with your non physical senses. Then you woke up your physical body our of fear. If you had realized that this was a false awakening, with just one thought and intent you could have "teleported" yourself to another location. I would suggest to do affirmations before bed for several reasons: you will increase your chance to become aware in your dreams and convert to an AP by taking conscious control of the experience; you may trigger vibes or false awakenings during the night; you will remember to not get frightened of observing scary like things, or noises either during SP or false awakening and remember to use your thoughts to navigate away from these scenes, or to simply dissolve them with your intent. So before falling asleep just repeat (with intent) "I remain aware in my dreams. I want to go to..XYZ. I am not afraid and I am in control at all time".
You can create your own affirmations according to your goals. But they really work. They may not trigger results the first night or every night, but it is important to be consistent and eventually your mind will adjust to carry all experiences through your physical brain and trigger remembrance.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Smokin_Ace

Thank you LightBeam, I will start using affirmations tonight! EscapeVelocity, I will check out those stickies, thank you!

Szaxx

I had a FA this morning, a door that's doesn't yet exist (renovations) was closed by someone and as expected, the sound level from the adjacent room dropped.
It took a second to realise the aberration and as usual I woke up instantly.
They're so real in every way, many go unnoticed.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.