THANK YOU Robert, I never knew!!!

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff_Mash

Hi there Oahn....

Welcome to the board.  You're post was very entertaining to read.  Let me ask you, did you do anything in particular to awaken your kundalini?  For example, were you constantly doing energy raising exercises?  Or did it just come up and hit you upside the head like a bum in San Fransisco?

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
MyJokeMail.com - Jokes and Humor
http://myjokemail.com
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

OahnMacleod

Hello Jeff,

Actually the Kundalini experience came about due to several contributing factors. I was practicing several techniques at the time, prior to which (over the past 5 years before the experience) I had taken part in exercises and courses which dealt with breathing and primary energy center type focus.
On the night which this "awakening" occurred I was practicing a vispassana breathing technique and something made me utter the words, "I pray for death, give me a shamanic death..." Almost to the moment I uttered those words there was a silent hush that fell over the room and them an extreme heat in the base of my spine began. The heat expanded and shot up my spine like fire and finally around my head and out through the top of my crown. I remember hearing a rushing wind sound and the sound of like 'rice krispies when you pour milk over them' filling my ears and I was totally excited with this feeling. I instantly felt 'plugged in' with the universe and the syncronicty or heartbeat of the unvierse. When I looked in the mirror I noticed the pupils of my eyes were blown FULL OPEN Dialated, however, unlike an eye exam, my vision was in no way unfocused. On the contrary, for the next several months my physical senses of hearing, sight, smell, touch and intuitiveness was quite amplified, as well as strength and energy levels. I found myself only being able to sleep for about an hour or two per night and had alot of trouble staying grounded. This continued for the next 5 months and there was much other phenomena that went along with the experience. I should probably add that at the time, I had an office and was practicing Reiki and Reflexology as a full time practice and was constantly working with energies. I can only recount and tell you about my experience as 1. I perceived it and 2. as others around me perceived it. It was only after the experience that I received the most feedback from friends and family and their response was that whatever I was going through, there was a definate change in my personality, vitality and energy. That there was something tranquil yet mystic about that which was coming through me and I will tell you from my own experience. DO NOT PURSUE IT IF YOU HAVE NOT PREPARED FOR IT. Robert is correct in his book in stating that it can be detrimental or damaging to those uninitiated in the practice of raising such energies. The proper setting would probably be with other gurus or an ashram or retreat or somewhere where you can work with the energies and then come down from it. I have not pursued, nor will be 'amazed' by the phenomena of such an experience should it arise again. On the subject matter and in books published by experts such as Genivieve Paulson on the subject, Kundalini can manifest in so many different ways. I think Robert Bruce's techniques of working with energy and the secondary enegy centers would prepare you for such a release of energy.
So to answer your question Paul, it wasn't quite like a bum in San Francisco, and perhaps it was a 1 in a million shot like Mr. Bruce mentions as well. I have had all events validated by those who practice Kundalini and am very happy to say I know conclusively now that the experience was exactly what it was. I hope this reply is sufficient answer?

Oahn

OahnMacleod

I first want to thank Robert Bruce for writing Astral Dynamics. Although I picked up Robert Monroe's works earlier in 1991-1993, I never made the connection fully to the OOBE's. I always wanted to experience them as described by others but never realized that I was already having them.
For years I've struggled with spiritual phenomena, the biggest event occurring when I had a full Kundalini Awakening in 1995. Up until that event, I was more amazed or enticed by the phenomena in the psychic/paranormal and other esoteric studies. I had, up until that time, many experiences with 'other worldly' things, including various aspects of divination and foretelling of things to come. Because the Kundalini experience was SO incredible, and lasted over a 5 month period, I was pretty much burned out when I finally came down from it and basically crashed back into a life of normallacy. I threw away alot of my old things, packed away my books on any of this stuff and tried to live a quote, "normal" life. I got a great paying job, got married to a VERY normal, conservative girl, heck, I even tried going back to a normal church on sundays with her. As much as I tried to be 'normal' from time to time I would still get 'insights', still have the lucid dreams, still say things to people without foreknowledge and leave them a bit startled, and still feel presences in the home and elsewhere.
So this past year I've gone back to letting my mind settle and doing some meditatation and prayer. Something led me to find the book Astral Dynamics and well, now the phenomena is back in full force. Things I have been reading in the book so far, (i've only made it to page 120 in the past 3 days I've bought it), have triggered something in me that's been dormant these many years. What really upset me however was chapter 5 on Waking Paralysis. I use to ask my school mates and others if they had ever had this growing up. Even one of my mentors, who teaches Reiki, was a keynote speaker for the Cayce Foundation and has done many years of Shamanistic work never had them. My wife as well, sleeps the entire night through. When I read this chapter, memories came flooding back into my mind. What I thought was normal all these years, having VERY LUCID dreams and dialog with people, sometimes the deceased, flying out over the neighborhoods or going ot friends' homes and waking them up to 'play', DAMN IT, I never knew this might have been OOBEs? I use to have those darn Waking Paralysis episodes so frequent, I use to have a fear of falling asleep on my back and even now, sleep on my stomach each night. And with waking up, on average, I will wake up about 2-3 times a night, and I wait, and try to remember my dreams. I have done this since about the age of 16. I actually looked forward to dreaming each night because it was so fanciful and fun. However, there were other repeating patterns that didn't make sense until now. Like the falling into the bed from above, (like those old Lipton ice tea commercials). Sometimes it would feel as if the bed was moving. Or what I call, Location shifting, where the room would feel as if it shifted 90 degrees or actually spun back into place. Other phenomena was seeing the stars through the ceiling and I lived in the apex of the home with ceilings that formed a point oddly enough. It seemed that when I have consciously tried to get out of my body while I am awake, it always failed, whenever I would daydream or go to bed at night, blammo, up and out I would go. This I have to read more about however and look forward to making it to the final chapters that go into techniques. And on one final note, in speaking with my mom recently and sharing with her this wonderful thing I've discovered, Robert's book, she told me something I never knew before. She, out of all the people I would NEVER guess, use to have waking paralysis as a child through teens as well. She was also always interested in the paranormal and stuff like this, but never did because she thought it was against her catholic upbringing. So perhaps that's where I get it from? There is much, much more than this and I hope to post in the future as well. Oh, one other thing. For Robert if he should read this per chance. I have had a phenomena occur where I was somewhere, an event, or meditation circle or such, and later on when I would sit and recall it to memory, I would see other things that I didn't see with my physcial eyes when the event accually took place. In going back to those persons and relating what 'extra' things or people I saw in the recall, they usually confirm in the positive that I was in fact 'seeing' or picking up on guides, or such that they knew of beforehand. Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Thanks again for all of your support or criticisms...
"Your friends will smile at you and tell you good things, your enemies point out things you might not want to hear about yourself; who truly helps you to become a better person in the end?"
Oahn