News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The Archaic Revival

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Hi Logic,

Thanks for the recommendation! [:)] It prompted me to visit amazon.com and read up on the book. It looks like an interesting read. I went ahead and copied an editorial review below:

"From Library Journal
McKenna has been exploring the "Wholly Other" for 25 years. In this spiritual journey, he ponders shamanism, buddhism, and enthnopharmacology. By the phrase "archaic revival," McKenna refers to a return to shamanism, which he believes can be enhanced by current scientific practices. The next level of spiritual transformation, he explains, is achieved by the intelligent use of psychedelics and should be performed only by thoughtful explorers rather than experimenters, scientific or otherwise. The ideas presented in this collection of interviews, speeches, and articles are radical even now, and will challenge the reader. There are many insights on current spiritual movements such as goddess worship, deep ecology, space beings, and virtual reality. Recommended."
- Gail Wood, Montgomery Coll. Lib., Germantown, Md.

"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Logic

A look back on the origins of history and humanity and a glimpse of whats to come. Conciousness and psychadelic experiences are the main focus of this book, as well as extra terrestial life and many other metaphysical happenings, written by Terrence Mckenna.
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

hindukush

I've just finished the book, have you read invisible landscapes? That's his next book i want to read.  Stuff about 2012 and how he used the I ching to calculate a zero date
We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.
                  -Stephen Hawking

Logic

I read some of it, but I havent been able to finish a book lately. McKenna's stuff is beggining to seem more and more abstract to me.
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

Greyfox

Wondeful book!  
His distinction between archaic revival folks and New Agers is most helpful, even though some might say it is merely another manifestation of the dualistic fallacy.
"Effectiveness is the measure of truth."--Seventh Huna Principle

D

Terrence McKenna is awesome.  I read True Hallucinations.  That's a great book.

devinEentreE

supurb book in my opinion. i highly recommend it. i also highly recommend food of the gods.

rest in peace terence.