News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

a great book about lucid dreaming

Previous topic - Next topic

Logic

Stephen LaBerge has written some amazing books on lucid dreaming. Though, I can't specifically remember which ones I read, nonetheless, very educational.
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

Nick

Hi,

Thanks for the topic, Vicky. [:)] I would also recommend the LaBerge book you cited. Also, The Lucidity Institute website is a nice site to read about lucid dreams, and dreams in general.

Very best,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Vicky

Hi [:D]
I am reading this book and am very impressed. I find it very interesting. Not only it has a lot of exercises but also a lot of theories about the dreams and researches that had been done. I think some of the chapters of the book are publiched in the web site of the lucidity institute - www.lucidity.com so if someone wants they can review them first :) This might not be new but I think it's very useful :) Take care
Който търси, намира.

galacticsurfer

Does he distinguish between OBE, Astral projection and Lucid dreaming or consider them all different topics?

I read some free downloads on Lucid dreaming and some tibetan type books from the library. It seems to be a really good way to deepen spirituality and get in touch with yourself, for me anyway. I have had several such dreams and am getting more into it all the time.

I do not seem to be able to force it however by noticing and making a reality check where I just say suddenly "oh this is a dream" and start doing funny things. I have had a sort of internal dialogue subliminally telling me it was a dream and also just started floating then flying so it was obvious to me. It would be nicher to be able to control the whole thing more and lucid dream daily but I guess that will take years of hard practice.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Vicky

By what I had read I can say he doesn't talk about anything else but lucid dreaming. There are some dreams of different people included and some of them seem like OBEs to me. It's an interesting book about lucid dreaming because of all the exercizes and explanations there are about lucid dreaming. I was mostly impressed by the teories discussed there and things I didn't even know were going on in our brain while creating the dream.

By the way I have been having quite vivid dreams lately in which I am traveling out of body, but I do believe they were dreams. I experience bigger vibrations than I used to and am in what seems RTZ but when I try to wake it's a flase wake and I am soo deep in sleep that I find it hard to wake in the real world. Does this happen to anyone?
Който търси, намира.

Vicky

I wanted to recommend a great book about lucid dreaming that I'm reading right now. It really is worth, it has a lot exercises in it and very interesting theories. It's called Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge, Ph.D. and Howard Rheingold and this is a link about it's contents.
http://www.lucidity.com/EWLD-contents.html I hope you like it. take care [:D]
Който търси, намира.