News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Dream in a dream?

Previous topic - Next topic

Legend

Here's an interesting dream I just had.  I was morning and I wasn't out of bed.  I had awaken at around 10 and was doing some light energy work.  Eventually, I got a little sleepy and put that aside to gain a little more rest.  I reached a point where I was semi-conscious.  I could start hearing noises very clearly; in fact, my dad was walking into the room looking around at my stuff.  The weird thing is that I noticed that the sounds weren't real and that the person there truly wasn't there, but the noises were so realistic that I couldn't help but to think that I was being felled into believing this.  As I noticed that, I pulled back and forced my eyes open, only to realize what I already knew; None of it was there.  So I re-closed my eyes and a few minutes after, the noises start again and there's my dad walking in my room again.

The weird part is that my clock was set for 11:30 and did indeed ring at that time.  When I woke up, I felt a very heavy sensation, which led me to believe that the whole thing was actually a dream.  In other words, I never really opened my eyes in the first place.
)_

Blackstream

Sounds like a false awakening to me.  I've only experienced those a few times, but they are definately odd.  Never when I was trying to wake up though.  I hear that if I try and wake up too much, eventually sometimes I'll false awaken instead, but I haven't seen if thats true or not yet.

What is it?  Basically your dream ends and you wake up, but instead of waking up, another dream starts.  Why another dream starts I can't say. It could be that you were hovering between awake and asleep and you woke up enough to end your dream, and fell asleep again in a dream that was what you were expecting (your room) before you could wake fully.  That's my best guess.
There is no spoon

Nexmofo

Yeah, that's a false awakening.

I have had problems with these, to the point of having hundreds of false awakenings, one after the other.

This makes me totally paranoid, to the point of not knowing when I'm really awake or not right after I wake up. I always pinch myself really hard, but even so I can't be sure (because I've pinched myself before, felt the pain, then woke up for some other reason to see it was false).

Scary.

Legend

I know what you mean.  The illusion is totally convincing.  I had never had anything as *real* as this for a lack of a better word.  It was very interesting and I can definitely see how annoying this can become if you cannot discern *reality* from a dream :\

Quote from: NexmofoYeah, that's a false awakening.

I have had problems with these, to the point of having hundreds of false awakenings, one after the other.

This makes me totally paranoid, to the point of not knowing when I'm really awake or not right after I wake up. I always pinch myself really hard, but even so I can't be sure (because I've pinched myself before, felt the pain, then woke up for some other reason to see it was false).

Scary.
)_

overfien

if you jump you will notice, either you jumped regular (in the physical) or your flying in the astral, now you can  escape the illusion and awake in the astral.  OR pull your finger.. since matter is definately different in the astral your finger will stretch.. Where by then awaking and gaining conciousness to escape the illusion.

Legend

Interesting =).  Thanks for the tip; I'll definitely give that a go next time :)

Quote from: overfienif you jump you will notice, either you jumped regular (in the physical) or your flying in the astral, now you can  escape the illusion and awake in the astral.  OR pull your finger.. since matter is definately different in the astral your finger will stretch.. Where by then awaking and gaining conciousness to escape the illusion.
)_

BahBoon

I had one of those before my mother passed. I woke up and her and my father were arguing about nonsense as usual. I took a shower and brushed my teeth and next you know I'm awakened. Yea they suck, man. I got mad because i had to start everything all over again. That wasn't the only time though I've had nights where i got 4-5 FA's. Now that sucks.