News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

How to convert Lucid Dreams into an Astral Projections

Previous topic - Next topic

Tombo

Here are some more techniques I found in the internet. I hadn't a chance to try them yet but thought I'd share them anyway. If anybody tries one out please report your experience, thanks.

1)
Quote"Please be forewarned that I have not checked spelling or grammer in this...

What is  found in this  document is a method  that has, for some  time now, worked
very  well for  me. Unfortunately, I do not know if  this method works  as a trigger
just for me, so I've decided to release it to the public. Hopefully people will find
it works well for them as well.

To begin with, I'd like to quickly explain a little about a herb named Salvia
Divinorum. Please don't make any false assumptions, the actual method has little to
do with Salvia, however, knowledge of it is needed.

Salvia  Divinorum  is an herb used  by the  Mazatechs to induce  visions and allow
shamen to travel to 'the  shamens world'. Use of  a relatively large  dose of Salvia
will  distort the  real world, however, upon  closing  your eyes, the user  will  be
flooded  with  different  colored shapes  and patterns, moving  and twisting  around.
After this, the user  actually begins  to see  vivid imagery and  can live the  life
as someone else, somewhere  else, at a  different time. Salvia has been  labeled the
substitute for Astral Projection, however, the two experiences are not the same.

The  method is  simple and straight  forward, but it requires  being lucid in your
dream. If you do not have the skill of becomming lucid in your dreams yet, you won't
be able to do the following steps.

So you've become lucid, what's next? Sit down  in a chair  somewhere near by. Tell
yourself you've just taken  Salvia sometime  in the  close past (five minutes or so).
If  you've ever  experienced Salvia, you may even feel a few of the  effects comming
on. Now lean  back and close  your eyes. Watch for any  patterns or colors  that may
appear. Very soon after, vivid imagery should start to appear, for a very short time.
Within ten seconds of closing your eyes, you should start hearing the  buzzing noise
that accompanies  astral projection. Personal  experience : Do not let this frighten
you the slightest bit, or you will fail to Astral Project.

At this point  you will  actually find that  you are going back and  forth between
the  dream world  and real life. This  is really tough to  explain, and my memory at
this point in  time  is hazy (as  I'm sure it will  be for you). Continue  with your
eyes closed  in dream, and don't  think about anything that you're  experiencing too
much. Just  tell  yourself  that you  want  to leave your body  temporarily. At this
point, you will probably  not even be dreaming  anymore, but in a deep  trance state
which is extremely easy to leave your body in.

Hopefully  this method works  well for you. I guess  you could say it's  a way  of
turning a deep  sleep into a deep trance  from within  your dream. Maybe  everything
that  I do  here is  irrelivent. Maybe the only  thing that has to be  done is  this
change in  concsiousness  while sleeping, but  the salvia  method works well  for me.
Maybe you will find something that works better for you.

This is a recall of my first time doing this  method. This was not the  first time
I had ever Astral  Projected, but  the buzzing  still screwed me up, because  it was
so unexpected at the time.

In my dream, after closing my eyes while sitting in a chair with a few of my friends
nearby, I saw a black and  purple spiral, spinning  around just like I have  seen on
Salvia. This  was  all on a  black  background, so there  weren't very  many visuals,
only this spiral.

I began to get vivid flashes of random images within 5 seconds  of closing my eyes
(in the dream). The come on was fast, and I assume this is because I'm already asleep.
The vivid images flashed  for a bit. The only actual  image I remember seeing was an
ocean sunset from a bridge over a stream.

After about two seconds (so I'm rougly estimating 7 seconds after closing eyes), I
began  to  hear the  famous 'buzzing' or 'static' noise that comes  along  with  the
beginning of an Astral Projection. It  was going directly into both my  ears, and my
body begain to feel light. Along with the buzzing came the sleep paralasys. As I sat
in my chair, desperately  trying  to move due to  panicking, I scrunched  up my face.
Suddenly, I saw vivid images of my body in  real life, real  time, with my  face all
scrunched  up on my bed, and me trying to move my body. I was experienceing the same
feelings  in the dream  as I  was in real  life. It  was almost as  if it  was  dual
conciousness. I went back and forth between the dream and the real world a few times
before I managed to get out of the feeling.

After  thinking  about it, I  realized that the  buzzing and  paralysis I  wasn't
used to feeling at that time scared me, and I panicked. There seemed to be, at this
point, some duality in conciousness between my dream and the real world.

I have attempted this method lately, and it has worked out quite well for me, but
as I say, it may just be a trigger for my brain. Hopefully you'll get something out
of this document, maybe even an Astral Projection
. "

Quote2)
Just flying upwards at a very fast rate did it for me, several times. :)?
Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Quote3)"Personally I have had quite a few experiences from the Lucid Dream state, I will list what has worked for me.

-Simply stating the intention saying "Astral Project" After that I feel a change in awareness it sharpens and I feel lighter and usually the scene changes.

-Asking a question, or making a statement "I want to see everything!" has worked.

-Again mentally saying wile flying "I wish to OBE in real time and space" opposed to the dream environment.

-Sitting and meditating in the dream until it ends at which time you enter the black void and can do as you please.

-Being shot through the heart and feeling death, not so nice but it did work.

Well that's just a few ways I have triggered an Astral Projection."
Quote4)"Look for a bathroom mirror in your dream.You can find mirrors in washrooms if you are in a public place, youcan also find them in peoples house if you are lucid outdoors, or make one on a wall. The bigger the mirror the better, the faster you enter the mirror the better. You have to wait for your reflection to appear. Then say "Increase lucidity 100 %" and press yourself into your reflection. Your lucid dream will end right then and their. I can not say what type of OBE you will have, but I can say You wont be disapointed."
" In order to arrive at a place you do not know you must go by a way you do not know "

-St John of the Cross

Tombo

Here are some more techniques I found in the Internet. I hadn't a chance to try them yet but thought I'd share them anyway. If anybody tries one out please report your experience, thanks.

1)
Quote"Please be forewarned that I have not checked spelling or grammer in this...

What is  found in this  document is a method  that has, for some  time now, worked
very  well for  me. Unfortunately, I do not know if  this method works  as a trigger
just for me, so I've decided to release it to the public. Hopefully people will find
it works well for them as well.

To begin with, I'd like to quickly explain a little about a herb named Salvia
Divinorum. Please don't make any false assumptions, the actual method has little to
do with Salvia, however, knowledge of it is needed.

Salvia  Divinorum  is an herb used  by the  Mazatechs to induce  visions and allow
shamen to travel to 'the  shamens world'. Use of  a relatively large  dose of Salvia
will  distort the  real world, however, upon  closing  your eyes, the user  will  be
flooded  with  different  colored shapes  and patterns, moving  and twisting  around.
After this, the user  actually begins  to see  vivid imagery and  can live the  life
as someone else, somewhere  else, at a  different time. Salvia has been  labeled the
substitute for Astral Projection, however, the two experiences are not the same.

The  method is  simple and straight  forward, but it requires  being lucid in your
dream. If you do not have the skill of becomming lucid in your dreams yet, you won't
be able to do the following steps.

So you've become lucid, what's next? Sit down  in a chair  somewhere near by. Tell
yourself you've just taken  Salvia sometime  in the  close past (five minutes or so).
If  you've ever  experienced Salvia, you may even feel a few of the  effects comming
on. Now lean  back and close  your eyes. Watch for any  patterns or colors  that may
appear. Very soon after, vivid imagery should start to appear, for a very short time.
Within ten seconds of closing your eyes, you should start hearing the  buzzing noise
that accompanies  astral projection. Personal  experience : Do not let this frighten
you the slightest bit, or you will fail to Astral Project.

At this point  you will  actually find that  you are going back and  forth between
the  dream world  and real life. This  is really tough to  explain, and my memory at
this point in  time  is hazy (as  I'm sure it will  be for you). Continue  with your
eyes closed  in dream, and don't  think about anything that you're  experiencing too
much. Just  tell  yourself  that you  want  to leave your body  temporarily. At this
point, you will probably  not even be dreaming  anymore, but in a deep  trance state
which is extremely easy to leave your body in.

Hopefully  this method works  well for you. I guess  you could say it's  a way  of
turning a deep  sleep into a deep trance  from within  your dream. Maybe  everything
that  I do  here is  irrelivent. Maybe the only  thing that has to be  done is  this
change in  concsiousness  while sleeping, but  the salvia  method works well  for me.
Maybe you will find something that works better for you.

This is a recall of my first time doing this  method. This was not the  first time
I had ever Astral  Projected, but  the buzzing  still screwed me up, because  it was
so unexpected at the time.

In my dream, after closing my eyes while sitting in a chair with a few of my friends
nearby, I saw a black and  purple spiral, spinning  around just like I have  seen on
Salvia. This  was  all on a  black  background, so there  weren't very  many visuals,
only this spiral.

I began to get vivid flashes of random images within 5 seconds  of closing my eyes
(in the dream). The come on was fast, and I assume this is because I'm already asleep.
The vivid images flashed  for a bit. The only actual  image I remember seeing was an
ocean sunset from a bridge over a stream.

After about two seconds (so I'm rougly estimating 7 seconds after closing eyes), I
began  to  hear the  famous 'buzzing' or 'static' noise that comes  along  with  the
beginning of an Astral Projection. It  was going directly into both my  ears, and my
body begain to feel light. Along with the buzzing came the sleep paralasys. As I sat
in my chair, desperately  trying  to move due to  panicking, I scrunched  up my face.
Suddenly, I saw vivid images of my body in  real life, real  time, with my  face all
scrunched  up on my bed, and me trying to move my body. I was experienceing the same
feelings  in the dream  as I  was in real  life. It  was almost as  if it  was  dual
conciousness. I went back and forth between the dream and the real world a few times
before I managed to get out of the feeling.

After  thinking  about it, I  realized that the  buzzing and  paralysis I  wasn't
used to feeling at that time scared me, and I panicked. There seemed to be, at this
point, some duality in conciousness between my dream and the real world.

I have attempted this method lately, and it has worked out quite well for me, but
as I say, it may just be a trigger for my brain. Hopefully you'll get something out
of this document, maybe even an Astral Projection
. "

Quote2)
Just flying upwards at a very fast rate did it for me, several times. :)?
Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Quote3)"Personally I have had quite a few experiences from the Lucid Dream state, I will list what has worked for me.

-Simply stating the intention saying "Astral Project" After that I feel a change in awareness it sharpens and I feel lighter and usually the scene changes.

-Asking a question, or making a statement "I want to see everything!" has worked.

-Again mentally saying wile flying "I wish to OBE in real time and space" opposed to the dream environment.

-Sitting and meditating in the dream until it ends at which time you enter the black void and can do as you please.

-Being shot through the heart and feeling death, not so nice but it did work.

Well that's just a few ways I have triggered an Astral Projection."
Quote4)"Look for a bathroom mirror in your dream.You can find mirrors in washrooms if you are in a public place, youcan also find them in peoples house if you are lucid outdoors, or make one on a wall. The bigger the mirror the better, the faster you enter the mirror the better. You have to wait for your reflection to appear. Then say "Increase lucidity 100 %" and press yourself into your reflection. Your lucid dream will end right then and their. I can not say what type of OBE you will have, but I can say You wont be disapointed."
" In order to arrive at a place you do not know you must go by a way you do not know "

-St John of the Cross

scarecrow

What an excellent thread!

Tombo, in answer to your reformulated question :) I would just like to add that apart from the times that I find AP occurring by itself (which isn't as often as I'd like), the best way for me to get into AP simply from a dream/lucid dream is to WANT to do it and to prepare for it before I have even gone to sleep. I know that sounds like an obvious thing to say but if something has been troubling me then (as with most people) I can either give myself a sleepless night over it or I can prepare myself to "fix" it during my sleep.

As an example I have gone to bed deciding that I wanted to resolve the inner anger that I seem to carry around with me and an amazing yet very scary AP ensued from which I managed to resolve a couple of issues.

Even if nothing is currently troubling you, focusing on wanting to get to know yourself better, improving yourself and to get to the root cause of any problems you may have (whether you are aware of them or not) tends to make dreams clearer (for me at least), which itself increases the chance of turning it into AP.

Doesn't always work though. :)

Tombo

Good you like the thread! I started to doubt if it was a good idea to make it a sticky  :roll:

QuoteEven if nothing is currently troubling you, focusing on wanting to get to know yourself better, improving yourself and to get to the root cause of any problems you may have (whether you are aware of them or not) tends to make dreams clearer (for me at least), which itself increases the chance of turning it into AP.

Interesting Technique!

-St John of the Cross

Elew

Ok, here's something I shared with a friend while trying to explain the ways I use to reach a dream walk/LD -->OBE. Don't laugh now  :wink:   Remember, I had no help along the way and had to make this stuff up...but I wanted to run it by you all and ask you if it rings a bell at all. It works, so I'm sure it goes by many names now and there must be an easier way to do this. My friend mentioned Theta Undertones. I had never heard of these before, but I think I'll be learning about them soon...

It's something I don't know if anyone really does, but I have always done it and I think it helps...humming, but with something. A motor of some kind works well. I discovered this in a radio station with the ticker-tape machine, it's large (but I was small) and you can feel/hear the vibration. So, a large machine, or at least one you can feel the vibration of when it's running. If you can, put your back on it and feel the sound vibration. Then hum it's same note, and then try an octave above/ below till you find one that's easy for you and remains in harmony. And then the tricky part is to hold that note clear, then shift your voice to almost a flat. If you can do this it will create a swirling buzzing which is the meeting of your voice and the machine vibration. I know this sounds odd, but it's just the way I learned it. Then when I'm in a LD I can recall the buzzing feeling and it helps me get beyond/outside the dream. The void space between can be darkness, but for me it seems to be more of a 3D whiteness.

Once I had a friend who used to go sit in a gallery with me and sing. (I'm no great singer, I'm just fascinated with sound vibration) We were friends with the artists and we could go in any time it was empty. There was a skylight, but it was way up high in a...well I don't know how to explain it, but if you were to go under it and look up it would look like a long rectangle box with the window at the other end. But we would play with the sound there and if she would hold a note I could shift my voice and the buzzing was incredible. You can feel it all through you. It's this same vibration which can bring you places. So if this rings any bells, I would greatly appreciate knowing what this is really called, if there is such a thing... Your thoughts?

inharmony

Hello i had my first lucid dream on April 04, 2005.  i recognized i was dreaming and allowed myself to fall off a building and i floated to the ground and landing gently on my feet.  i then remembered the book saying to go back to the body and perform an OBE.  So i just thought "back to my body." and i was back in my bedroom...i could see the window...i was conscious...but my eyes were closed.  i then told myself to get out...i pushed myself out and heard the "sounds"...i went black and then i was in some sort of tunnel...i had two young guys with me and i told them we were out of our bodies and that we could fly.  i then proceeded to show them how to fly.  Once we landed on the ground there were three big mean looking men staring at us...i turned towards the boys and told them not to worry, they couldn't hurt us...and the men just disappeared.    This is all i can remember.  
i have just returned from a week's vacation where i made no efforts to OBE or Lucid dream.  i'm excited about getting back to the book and my practices tomorrow.  
--inharmony
[/b]
*We are the key that opens all doors.*

Mandrivnyk

Greetings all,

I also, have been wondering how to AP through my lucid dreams. In fact, I have a one or two LD's per week, but never had I experienced an astral projection.

The way I understand it, is that there are countless ways to go about doing it and perhaps every individual might have his/her own.

Last time I tried, I wished the dream to go away, force it to turn into whiteness or blackness, but instead I generated a beautiful landscape, the most beautiful I've ever seen and instead of trying again, I felt helpless by the desire to just fly over it.

Enoch

I think its easy to do both because they are one and the same thing. With the exception that we are out of body already in a lucid dream and the energy that we waste while trying to achieve obe could be better used to stay astral longer and to be clearer in dreams.
If you insist on calliing them two seperate things than start off by wakeing in a dream it is much easier to grasp. After that you have no need to project because you already are.  :wink:

When you have an obe you take your energy body with you. when you lucid dream you dont but you can bring it to you or go back and retrieve it. But why? you can accomplish and do the same exact things in both. And in fact both are just sending your concious self to a differant place is all. Displaceing the assemblage point for you shamans out there. Ok so there not identical but it got your attention right? lol
Really there is no need to project other than to waste energy. Two of the greatest mystics of our time would agree with me 100% Mr Carlos Castaneda, and Robert Moss, ive learned more from these twos books than almost anywhere else. And as i said they agree leaving in your energy body is just a waste of energy and to much work.
If you insist on obeing do it while your awake now thats an accomplishment.     
A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent .

lily moonsong

I think what inharmony had was a lucid dream, not an astral projection...I feeel this way, because in lucid dreams, we feel very compelled to tell other dream characters that they are dreaming.  Lucid dreams go the way your mind tells you they should go... in obe's you see the outter world.. not the inner world.  What inharmony had  looks like a dream about having an obe.. not an actual obe:  there is a difference.

McKauhu

I have had only once true astral projection. Every others have been more or less lucid dreams, or waking up in lucid dream to have obe (lol) I think when it's lucid dream, you wont wake up in your own room and out of your body but maybe similar room to it and world looks different. So in obe world looks like it is right? Anyways i just ended up with this method: when you have LD, go to the ground and look down. I was already in sleepy position in LD and waved myself in body from side to side couple of times then just rose sitting in it and step of my body. It didn't work at first time i was threwn back in it but then i did it again and it worked this time. I had first dark everywhere but after looking down to my hands, everything became very lively and with bright colors! Also the similar place i left while sleeping, it was actually really same looking outer side when i went to see it. So is it obe then?

Then i continued my travel with flying above the trees and remembered that i had to confirm it :) So i thought of whereabouts of my friend and it became dark again for a while i looked down to my hands once again and it became in my sight with bright colors: house that i haven't ever seen before. Though i didn't see my friend but two young girls who looked like they were seeing ghost. Then i waved to them "no no don't be afraid" and they calmed down running to the other side of building. I followed them with gently steps and see some old man opening window back there and then i wake up.

SnakeDoctor

ok, i just read the one about falling off a building....

if i have a blonde moment and think im dreaming and walk off a building and die....expect a ghost haunting your butt.

Electrolintaktituiszintic

Can't you do it just by pulling your finger or something?

lily moonsong

I've had like 500 lucid dreams and only ONE out of body experience.  I'm somewhat agree with Enoch about it wasting energy, and i'm a psy vamp, so i don't have enough energy to go obe, but i want to because it feels more real.  *pout*

SnakeDoctor

haha

know what would be pretty awkward...

if you randomly blurt out "im dreaming..." and then fall backwards. then feel like an idiot when your laying on ur back in pain and people are just looking at you.

catmeow

Would never happen to me at least.  I always take a little hop and if I float lightly down to the ground I know I'm dreaming.  Pretty important test to do before jumping off the top of a building!  :-)
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

lily moonsong

Quote from: SnakeDoctor on November 26, 2007, 22:11:19
haha

know what would be pretty awkward...

if you randomly blurt out "im dreaming..." and then fall backwards. then feel like an idiot when your laying on ur back in pain and people are just looking at you.

Quote from: catmeow on November 30, 2007, 20:16:48
I always take a little hop and if I float lightly down to the ground I know I'm dreaming.  Pretty important test to do before jumping off the top of a building!  :-)

LMAo!!!!!  :lol: 

evan5

converting your lucid dream to a fully concious astral travel is really quite simple, as long as you can flow into a lucid dream. If you ever find yourself fully lucid in a dream, your thoughts create things constantly. In many cases when i have been lucid dreaming and wished to project, i just stop where i am in my dream and literally say "astral project" to myself and you will. you will feel a rushing feeling and may find yourself back on your bed, just as your coming out of your body.

MindMonkey

CatMeow,
I agree.. When I turn back and see the same thing, it changes to something different everytime in a Dream..
That is the 'Dream Sign' that I keep to get awareness in a dream..
But I wonder WHY it changes...
Other thing that I noticed was, when I try to have physical contact with someone, the LD ends...
Anyone knows WHY this happens?

catmeow

Hi MindMonkey

I was thinking about this.  Either it's because you become too "excited" and you lose focus on the dreamscape.  Or else it's because you begin to pay too much attention to your own  body.  To remain in a LD you must not be body-centred, you must be external-centred ie concentrating on the things around you rather than your own body.  As long as you can concentrate on the imagery around you, you will remain inside that imagery.  As soon as you start thinking "within yourself" the dreamscape will fade.  To reverse this you need to concentrate outside your body again and place yourself back "in" the dream.  Either way the problem is that you are starting to focus on your physical body.  Your focus must be away from your physical body.
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

MindMonkey

wizkitten

Quote from: paker7 on November 29, 2004, 21:04:57
IMHO Lucid Dreams are Astral Projections.

The only difference is in the perception - if you think that you're in the astral - then you most probably are in the astral.
Thought = Reality  :D

Another interesting thread:how to go realtime?

For me, at least, there is a huge difference. I've had dreams that were lucid for as long as I can remember quite regularly.
My first OOBE was mindblowing.. and appeared to be completely in the physical world with a complete waking consciousness and sense of awareness and orientation.

Stookie

Quote from: wizkitten on January 08, 2010, 03:05:56
.. and appeared to be completely in the physical world with a complete waking consciousness and sense of awareness and orientation.

Some of my lucid dreams are like that.

Everybody seems to report different things when it comes to the level of awareness in lucid dreams. I notice little difference between dream and lower astral environments. I believe they are very similar states of consciousness.

thirdeye26

This one is really confusing me, but when you are having a really good LD, aren't you in fact lucid dreaming? Perhaps you could even walk up to your body and have a look at it peacefully asleep. Or leave a sign for yourself.

BlueTone

I tried to read just about this entire post, but its difficult with 4 pages, and being so anxious to leave my response. Now, i'm sure 90% of you have heard of this technique, but i'd like to leave it here for the 10% that might not have!!

Lucid Dreaming used to be something i was blessed with about 4 nights a week. I loved that. I was anxious to find a way to use that as a short cut to perform an OBE. The best way for me to do this, and it has worked for me ( Or so it seems so vividly ) is the following.

At a moment in the dream, I will attempt to clarify the area around me by aggressively demanding so. Whatever affirmation you find comfortable. I just scream " Clear and Bright...NOW!.....Focus And Clarify! ".......Once i get to a brightly comfortable point.....I tell myself that when i turn around, there will be a standing mirror, close to my width and height (Having something behind you when you turn around, is alot easier than having something appear right infront of you. Not sure why, But it just seems easier to " know " it will be there, than to create it). Then, i simply turn around, look at the mirror...smile.......a walk into it, with the full knowledge it will trigger an OBE.

Now, in my experience, It causes such a jar and change of your surroundings, that its just too difficult to create a whole new " Mirror Land ". So i just find myself floating above myself. This has had to have worked for me half a dozen times. The mirror almost feels like your pushing yourself through a layer of leathery skin, ripping your way through.

Anyone that has a great effective rate of LD, i recommend giving this a try. In fact, I would love to hear others experiences in this!!??

Thank you!,
               ~ Ryan D.
               ~Za Hourou Iki~
"No mindset, Is the right mindset........Only closed eyes may see the light. "

embrace

As many have said, I'm still now sure whether or not Lucid Dream equals OOBE. Some of my experiences would suggest that they are the same, while others would confirm the opposite.