News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Sharing my first lucid dream

Previous topic - Next topic

Uraotoko

As a child i had nightmares almost on a daily basis. (BTW, is this normal or product of too much TV? lol). Thankfully, now i haven't had a nightmare for like 7-8 years or so.

Anyway, as i had nightmares every day, before going to sleep i wished to be able to control my dream, and let me be the one that terrifies the others (I know it sounds awful but hey i was a kid lol)

One day i felt asleep and managed to get control of my dream. I think it was some zombie or demon strike against a town (This happened when i was less than 10 years old). Very lame for a lucid dream i know, but this was my first experience of me being on fully control of my actions (The best thing i remember is the ability to look wherever i wanted). I think after that the nightmares stopped.

Dont know why but i remember many of my dreams i had in my life (Sometimes i can swear that they repeat!, dream deja vu lol). In fact, there was a period of my life that i could swear that i kept dreaming the same stuff over and over. (BTW, by "dreaming" i mean remember my dreams, i know you always dream when you fall asleep)

But those days are long gone now and im now a "normal" person (Nothing against "unnormal" persons heh). Well i dont know, maybe this is why im so interested on astral projection.

I remember almost all of my nightmares so if you want a good scare (or laugh, you name it) i'm more than willing to share them with you.

Hope you enjoyed my story! lol

Xanth

I haven't had a nightmare in well over 15 years... but then, what I consider a "nightmare" has changed a lot since I was a child.
Not to mention that I've learned to gain some measure of control over any potentially "scary" situations in my dreams that if I ever do feel uncomfortable, I change things up.

Learning to control your mind is a very valuable thing to learn in life.

Uraotoko

Quote from: Xanth on January 22, 2010, 13:13:22
I haven't had a nightmare in well over 15 years... but then, what I consider a "nightmare" has changed a lot since I was a child.
Not to mention that I've learned to gain some measure of control over any potentially "scary" situations in my dreams that if I ever do feel uncomfortable, I change things up.

Learning to control your mind is a very valuable thing to learn in life.

I agree that the concept and importance one gives to nightmares changes in time. But the weird thing is, my nightmares when i was a child were painful. I mean i always felt pain one way or another. It was the pain i was mostly afraid of, not the subject of the nightmare. For instance, one of my most recurrent dreams i had as a child was one where i had the feeling of my head spinning REALLY quickly, and i could feel getting dizzy (the very painful, uncomfortable dizziness type). As you see, there was nothing "scary" about it, but it certainly was not pleasant. This happened alot when i was a child. I am starting to sound like i have a mental disorder lol, but it's the truth. I am fine now, thankfully (or i think so anyway).

Ellaborating a little more on the "importance" one gives to nightmares, an example:
If I had a nightmare of a burglar breaking into the house, i wouldn't hide on my bed but rather go out and fight the burglar. I think this is how it changes when you "grow up".

BTW, Maybe everyone has "nightmares", but like you say what one considers a nightmare changes over time. IF i had one now i would probably wouldn't mind about it.