News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Dan Tien or Root Chakra?

Previous topic - Next topic

Akime R.E.

How is one to easily tell the difference? The last few times I attempted to leave my body (Oddly enough before I figured out how to get into the proper way of relaxation) I would feel this surge of energy coming from the groin area and spreading up to my heart and down to my knees, even sometimes moving to the feet. I'll even be so bold to admit that it's quite pleasant enough for arousal. I feel damned silly for saying this.. It was also from there where I once felt as if I was starting to be pulled from my body. I believe I would have left if I wasn't getting ahead of myself and actually started the trance exercises first which I am getting better at. I've had many experiences with sleep paralysis and know exactly what I'm tuning into, it's just I've not gotten far enough yet to figure out exactly how to switch my breathing from conscious to automatic. I have a feeling that this is the final step I need to enter the trance.

Back on topic, how can I tell exactly where this energy is coming from so I can better harness it and spread it out evenly though my body instead of feeling it concentrate in the root area and reaching only out so far. Again, it seems to stop just shy of the throat and it never really goes into my arms.

I'd also like to take this time to mention that I can actually stimulate what feels to be the same energy through the entirety of my body, save for my head. I've been able to do this in short one or two second bursts before it feels like I've lost control of the energy and have to "relax" for a moment before I do it again. The energy can only be described as my entire body tensing with a burning sensation, but no muscles are tensing as far as I can tell. Been able to do this for as long as I can remember.

Either way, I'm just a kind of skeptic looking for a bit of insight.

-Edit-

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_energy_body_and_the_chakras/help_with_my_energy_flow-t30653.0.html

After reading around, the feeling I produce is similar to Horaciocs' found in the prior link, except mine is more centered around my core and chest. Again, stopping at the neck however it will go into my arms unlike the energies I felt that one night a few days ago. If I had to guess if feels as if it's originating above the navel, but below the sternum. Also, I can make this "goosebump" feeling appear regardless of my state. Closed or open eyes, awake, whatever. If I'm conscious, I can do it. When I was younger, it was the most uncomfortable feeling I could think of and as a way of meditating I'd focus on it till it stopped feeling like it was making the nerves under my skin light afire. Then when I hit about 8 or 9 I just stopped messing with it until I rediscovered it at about 22. Still neglected it but now two years later I'm starting to experiment with it again.

kurtykurt42

The energy comes from all around us. It's there for anyone and everyone, we only need to reach out and feel for it. In order for the energy to reach above your heart chakra you must show that you are ready to handle the responsibly of such power.

This is done by showing humility and respect to others and also to nature. Respecting everyone and everything and always being kind to others. When you can do this, the energy will flow through your body like a flowing river that can't be stopped.

Akime R.E.

I do this already though. I try and put others before me and have no problem helping others when requested. I even enjoy it. I will say I have a lot of rage within however. It never shows through as I'm in pretty well control of my emotions and I don't take this rage out on people.

kurtykurt42

Rage huh... Might need to work on that a little.  :-D

Xanth

The Dan Tian (or in Japanese, Tan Dan as my Sensei calls it) isn't the same as the Root Chakra.
The Tan Dan is located a couple finger widths below the belly button and is one of the primary energy stores.

kurtykurt42

Is the Dan Tian the same as the sub-naval storage center (in Astral Dynamics)?

Stookie

Yes, it's the same thing as the sub-navel storage center. I find NEW to do the exact same thing energetically that forms of yoga and chi meditations do, but without and accompanied physical workout. Which is kind of a shame, but good for people who have their physical limitations. In other words, NEW does the mind/soul but it leaves out the physical body which is also integral to balanced health.

kurtykurt42

I agree. I practice the astral dynamics form of energy body development and the oriental forms of physical body relaxation and martial arts training. If you ask me, it's one heck of a combination.

horaciocs

Hi all!

Akime, those seem to be the same feelings I have.

Kurt, have you ever experienced those during your exercises? Any idea on what to do with it? In my post Akime linked above, I believe CFT said she thought those were my tertiary centers flushing energy.

They are definitely linked to my secondary centers for I feel a strong field of energy on my hands when using hands-on healing techniques (NEW) combined with this energy rush.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
than are dreamt of in your philosophy"

I've created a blog of some sort: http://pursuingconscience.blogspot.com/

Akime R.E.

For some reason I never thought I was the only one who could do this. I remember when I first started noticing I could do it, I was riding in the car with my grandma and I just knew how to do it. I assumed it was something in my nervous system (being 7 at the time I've got no idea where I thought this) that was going haywire on command, but when I got used to doing it I felt it was something different.

Either way, I don't want to make a new topic on it so I'll post it here. Earlier I tried to view auras and it seemed I had something of a success, I guess? I seen things I never seen before either, which struck me as odd. Even thinking back to it my brain seems to think it was a dream, as it all has a dreamy air about it. Mind you this was just six hours ago after being awake for some time. After going over that Thiaoouba guide on how to read auras, then reading up on Robert's way of doing it I attempted with decent success, actually. I had no trouble seeing the aura given off by objects, namely the monitor in front of me. I never seen an aura before from what I can remember, so being able to do it so quickly was kind of neat. My cat seems to have a purple aura.

About the cat, however. This was when I was starting to try and awaken my "third eye" by means that Robert mentioned. It was after this that things started to feel.. dreamy. I went to the bathroom and turned down most of the lights except the vanity mirrors and unfocused my eyes.. and I started to get weird glitches in my vision. At this time I didn't "feel" like my third eye was open. I just started seeing things like static entering my field of vision and something similar to half of my vision going missing or blending with weird colors. I guess I could call it something to a poor quality analog signal going to a computer monitor. The refresh rates were screwed. I dunno how else to say it. Again, this is something I've never had happen while I was awake to my recollection.  It was then I was looking into the mirror and I seen the damnedest thing. It looked like my head had a sun right behind it, yet the fires were green and the flares were this fiery orange like you see at the end of solar flares, and it was pretty well mixed up. Like I could see my energy opening up? It went away, and I just went back to my computer chair and sat for a moment thinking "Huh, that's cool."

Thinking back to it afterward, I felt real tired and wanted to sit in the tub for a bit which I did. After that for about half an hour, I felt groggy and tired like I had just woke up and it felt like the image I seen was just a dream. I know for a fact it wasn't though because I unscrewed the CFL lights in the vanity mirror and they were still unscrewed when I went back in later.

Did I just have a moment? I'm someone who rarely remembers his dreams, though with great stride in the last week I'm beginning to remember more. Whats more is I NEVER, NEVER EVER see anything out of the ordinary. I used to when I was far younger but I seemed to have ignored that side of me. That event in the bathroom was something I still can't quite comprehend. It really feels like it was a dream.. but I know it wasn't. I have proof to myself.

So what happened?

kurtykurt42

Quote from: horaciocs on February 02, 2010, 16:49:28
Kurt, have you ever experienced those during your exercises? Any idea on what to do with it? In my post Akime linked above, I believe CFT said she thought those were my tertiary centers flushing energy.

I experience this energy every day. I have been building up my energy more and more in order to increase the duration and clarity of my projections.