News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

For those who use crystals

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian

Greetings Kristen!

If you do a search on: http://www.google.com for crystals and crystal correspondences etc., you will turn up a bunch of information. It is mainly a witchy/Wiccan thing. Here is one page of search results:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&q=crystal+correspondences&btnG=Google+Search

I am not sure about most crystals, but Quartz in its various forms definitely does seem to have special characteristics - big clear Quartz crystals are used by channelers for example.

Best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Rob

Have been collecting crystals since I was ickle, now I use them for the energy/spiritual purposes.

Firstly, if a crystal is polished or not, I do not think it makes a huge amount of difference to the energy - I have both types, my favourite is a piece of polished amatrine (cross between amathyst and citrine) with six end faces. Next after this are clear quartz' - best is a large one, then a crystal ball then a small record holder crystal, though I don't use it that much. My first favourite is polished, my second is not, though I think for general selling purposes people seem to prefer polished. My crystal ball, has very interesting properties, tried a bit of scrying on it, with some success.
I think which crystals people are drawn to is very, very individual - I know this isn't that helpful, and I therefore suggest a good wide range is adviseable.

As for the benefits, I use them for all purposes from carring them around in my pockets (small rounded ones) to using them in meditation - eg amethyst is said to be good for converting negative energies to positive ones, my experience supports this. There are also crystals which completely clear themselves of all energy, have recently discovered this too (bit annoying, wondering what happened if I put a highly charged piece of metal between 5 of these crystals, the next day all energy was drained from it!). Crystals have many, many uses! But I do use them a fair amount in energy work/meditations, they help a lot (working primaries with them especially, my intuition tells me which should go where)

btw well cleared crystals are seriously preferable, ones holding lots of negativity just don't feel so good. The shop I buy from clear all of theirs, and it is reeeaaaally noticeable (so pure, so nice)

What do I look for, hmm, again fairly individual but often clearer ones are better (less "interferance" - purer, it seems).

btw all clear quartz have been shown through kirlian photography to absorb and adjust their energies to what they are held around, but I think that other colours (which are the same substance as quartz but with various metal ions distributed in them, which determine the colour) have difference qualities.

I think, personally my very favourites are well angled and distributed quartz-style ones which termine perfectly, in 6 faces. This is said to be the generator types, but I cannot fully verify this (although many crystals have given me huge, massively powerful energy rushes - usually clear quartz, coloured ones more modify energy, I think)

hope this helps!

Rob

(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Healthwoman

My most powerful stone is a piece of polished rutilated quartz. Bloodstone is my second choice. Some stones work better unpolished and uncut- amethyst for one (in my opinion) You just need to experiement. Don't forget to clear and charge your stones before working with them!

http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/gemstone-healing.html
http://www.jewelrymall.com/therapy.html

Here's a link for how to cleanse stones:
http://healing.about.com/library/uc_chakras_0106b.htm

http://touch_of_health.tripod.com/index.htm
"Grin & Ignore It!!!!!"

Mobius

Hi Kristen, Ahhh Quartz,Quartz,Quartz, the stuff they whack in watches
to make them keep good time & you have probably heard of the
piezo switches/ignitors? , smashing 2 crystals together to produce
enough spark with no batteries to light a flame as well as jolting
hell out of you if you touch the spark!
This site might help you a little in your research Kristen if you
have not allready been there.
www.crystalinks.com

All the best on your journeys

Mobius

Violet

Dear Kristen,

Thanks for the symbol links you posted.  I still did not find the symbols I saw but not biggy.  A little mystery never hurt anyone.

Which crystals are used, and for each, to what particular purpose?

As stated by someone already crystals can be used to amplify energy.  Healers use them to draw out energy during healing or attack energy for healing. Different crystals seem to be better at amplifying or attacking different energies.  If you are interested in this topic I recommend you do a search on the Crystal Skulls.  These were skulls are apparently very ancient and were made of beautifully sculpted transparent quartz crystal found in South America.  They apparently store tremendous amounts of information in them which suggests that crystals can be used for storage of information, thoughts, as well as energies.

I always use black quartz in combination with other crystals.  Black quartz is rare and is very good for grounding.  My other favorite is pink quartz since it is very good at applifying love.  These are also the safest crystals to work with.  Some crystals should not be used by some people since they can put too much energy to the wrong places.  So if you start working with a type of crystal and do not feel comfortable it is wise to stop.  Find the crystals that are best for you.

Do you prefer polished stones or unfinished?

Actually the cloudiness of the crystal is important.  A very clear crystal energizes while a cloudy crystal tends to calm.  Also the type of fractures in a crystal are significant.  The more rainbow like fractures the more energizing the crystal can be.  I find polishing or not is not as important as the above characteristics.  Same goes for size.  It is more the quality not quantity.  I find that the atmosphere (environment) a crystal is stored in affects its energy.  For example if the crystal is stored in a household that is normally very happy one when they hold it will sense this.  A few suggestions are that crystals should not be kept near a TV or monitor since they attack the energies emitted from these.  To clean negative energy out of a crystal soak it in salt water and a small amount of vinger in the sun. The energy in the crystal gets transferred to the salt.  

What benefits are there to using crystals?

I mostly use crystals to help me focus during meditation.  The second most common use is as an aid during healing.

Regards,
Violet

n/a

Since the subject is on healing properties of crystals, or things that can contain and store energy, I have a question...

My vacation starts today. I will be skiing in Big Bear, California for the week. My father-in-law has a cabin up there that I and the family will be staying at.

Question is:
  I plan to do some hiking up through the woods here, probably a couple of hours worth.
What could I look for besides crystals that would have similar properties?
Like would certain rocks or peculiar shaped sticks do the same thing?
I think it would be difficult to find an outcropping of natural quartz just laying around up there, I'd have better luck spotting a fairy...

All advise is welcome...     Nightflier101

Winged_Wolf

Ok, smokey quartz is quartz which has a greyish tinge to it.  This is caused by exposure to radiation!
Some folks have decided to capitalize on how cool this looks by taking clear quartz, and irradiating it.  The result are striking pure black crystals.
This stuff makes my teeth hurt personally, because I can feel the radiation they give off.  Minute amounts, yes, but they are marginally radioactive.  The natural smokey quartz is much less so.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf
http://www.lulu.com/wingedwolfpsion
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

Tia

I remember holidaying in Big Bear!  After London, it really felt like wilderness and those kyotes howling all night nearly drove me bananas...

Oh yeah, where was I - regarding crystals, I'm asuming you mean all gemstones, minerals?  I had a lucid dream not long ago:

I got into bed, wasn't particularly tired, closed my eyes and all of a sudden I felt myself suspended in mid-air, on my back (as I was lying in bed) in relative darkness.  There was a river of energy, bright, colourful, glittery particles flowing beneath me.  I felt myself being pulled from behind into this 'river' which I pulled against with all my might - I had the distinct feeling that if I allowed myself to be sucked into this river I would loose my mind/go insane.  So I struggled upwards, kind of clawed myself out of this strange place.  I opened my eyes, checked the bedroom, patted down the covers and closed my eyes again.  Instantly I was back 'there' again.  I managed to suspend myself for a time, resisting the pull, and I somehow knew that in this 'place' I could have the answer to anything, gain any knowledge I wanted, and the only thing I could think to ask was "What stone would help me?"  (I had been reading up on crystals and gemstones)  Before I could even form the question in my mind, there appeared above me hundreds of peices of Malachite suspended in the air.  I then managed to pull myself back to my bed, looked around, decided that sleeping on my back was not a good thing, turned over and went to sleep.  Of course, first thing in the morning I looked up everything I could find on the mineral 'Malachite' = 'Mental balance'.  Balance between positive and negative. Sorry this probably doesn't help you, just wanted to share my story...  

Kristen

Hi Everyone -

Thanks all for your input, the links - lots of things to investigate here!

Cool dream Tia...

Kristen

Violet

Dear WingedWolf,

Not all black and smokey quartz is irradiated.  There is some naturally occurring but it is very expensive.  You bring up a very good point though.  I had forgotten to warn that not all smokey quartz is the same.

Regards,
Violet

Winged_Wolf

Yeah, that's why I made the distinction--smokey quartz, the pale grey stuff, is much less likely to be artificial.
I'd REALLY have to wonder where they got it, if someone came up with some of that straight black quartz and claimed it was naturally occurring.
I don't think it'd be safe to gather!

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf
http://www.lulu.com/wingedwolfpsion
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

Kristen

Hi All

I'm doing a little bit of market research about a subject I know nothing about, and was wondering if anyone here could help me by answering some questions?

For those who use crystals -

Which crystals are used, and for each, to what particular purpose?

Which crystals are your favorite?

Do you prefer polished stones or unfinished?

What benefits are there to using crystals?

What do you look for in a crystal before buying it?

Thanks to anyone who answers - your input is much appreciated

Kristen