News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

NEW side effects (the good and bad)

Previous topic - Next topic

jilola

quote:
after doing an hour or more of NEW every day

I've just started using NEW so I'll be looking forward to any new (npi) experiences.
Do you have a routine for the hour   or do you just do what comes naturally?

quote:
snip snip... what looked like white puss or ooze moving about under the skin of my forehead (brow chakra) .... snip snip

Hmm Ectoplasm?

Jouni

Tom

You are right. People who teach other people to help themselves deserve much more credit than they get.

Odd effects like the triangle appearing are interesting. They are worth noting. Then, like the Zen masters will tell you, if you concentrate on your breathing those things will go away. Unusual sensations don't happen for everyone, but when they do they don't really mean anything. Holding on to them will hold you back from further progress.

Energy work has proven useful to me in stopping bleeding, healing burns, pain control, fever reduction, and controlling inflammation. These are the things it seems to work best on for most people I have spoken with. Something else to keep in mind is that dealing with stress and negativity (not always the same thing) require energy. The fact that you will have more energy will help in dealing with both.

Have you found that smoking lowers your energy levels? The carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, particles weighing down the cilia, and heavy metals make it more difficult to take in energy from the air you breathe while the stress on your heart and lungs require that you use your energy faster. The nicotine affects levels of the neurotransmitter dopamine, too, and it can take time for those levels to return to normal. Some people tell me that smoking energizes them, but it is like caffeine pills: it causes you to burn through reserves of energy while detracting from your ability to gain more.

rodentmouse

jilola, my routine/practise/training  (all for obe)  consists of...
100 slow deep breathes which takes about 20 minuites,   to relax my mind and body,  then  i start NEW  which rasing energy and activating all my chakras takes about 30 minutes,  (its  really mentally exhausting)   then i like  to bask in my energised body and experiment with the trance state,  right now im  shifting awarenss into my brow chakra which has given me hypnogogic images and sounds....   Frank said  something about that so im experimenting myself....

I too thought it was ectoplasm,  what does anyone know about ectoplasm?
i thought it was concentrated kundalini energy??

jilola

RM: Sounds like a thorough treatment you're giving yourself http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>
I've only just begun practising the NEw method and haven't yet developed any structured approach to it (some neat experiences already though). But I bet getting a routine going is beneficial as the energy body is conditioned to respond by way of repetition.

Do you do the program standing up or sitting down? I've found that moving awareness around bent limbs is extremely difficult, but this may only be due to lack of practise.

As to ectoplasm, the truth is anybodys guess but the most common explanation I've run into is that it's "materialized etheric matter".

Jouni

rodentmouse

jilola, i do  neither, i do it all lying down (standing up!!!!!!  are you crazy!!)
Id also say that its defnatly due to lack of practise.
I  havent adopted Roberts methods entirely, infact i dont at all use my awareness hands, instead of using them to open my chakras,  i imagine a sword stabbing each chakra and then the sword splitting in two,  with one of each piece taking a piece of chakra with it hehehe

the biggest hurdle so far  for me in NEW was getting used to feeling  and not  visualising,   i kept slipping of into a visualisation of my body parts instead of actually feeling them.

jilola

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_wink.gif" border=0>>
I used to do some work years back standing up. It's just a matter of getting as good posture and balance and since you aren't doing deep relaxation you won't fall over.
I can do the not visualizing visualizing thing. What works for me when moving energy is feeling a paddle like  ping-pong racquet(sp) instead of a hand. It's just a bit difficult abround the bends but I'm confident a little ppractise will overcome the problem.
Making shish kebab oof your chakras? What an image! LOL!

Jouni

KP

I prefer raising energy while walking outside.  Does anyone else do this?  I find the wind helps and the sunshine.  Gives me a great feeling all over.

rodentmouse

hello to the people :D

after doing an hour or more of NEW every day now for about 3 months,  these are the impacts it has had on me....

THE GOOD
1)  this is  more psychological,  but i have developed an appreciation for my body and mind,  the mind in which i am turning into a more loving, kind, empathic person.  and the body in which i have cut down smoking...

2)  i am able to create magnetic fields between my palms and alter the temperature of them slightly,  ( i think this is how those  circus freaks can walk over and hold red hot coals)   also, create psi-balls  (like ken and ryu on the street fighter games)  though not on that magnitude,   i can feel the presence of a ball of energy growing when i practise it, it can either be a ball, or i can repel  the energies to create an outward dome effect of energy forming.

3)  i have learned to heal myself,  e.g.  i have  had a muscle problem in my leg all my life because of an injury when i was young which gives me regualar pains, now  whenever  i feel it coming on,  i can  start meditating and sooth it and calm the pain,  plus i dont nearly get this pain as much as i used to (before NEW).   and last night i soothed a sore throat ive had for a few days, now it feels a lot better....

4)  also, it might be my imagination,  but i can see a faint triangle over my brow chakra,  could anyone shed any light on this???

THE BAD

1)   it wasnt actually bad, but  was quite unnerving,  after over charging my brow, i looked in the mirror and could see what looked like white puss or ooze moving about under the skin of my forehead  (brow chakra) so i stopped for a day or two....  but i think i must have overcharged it...

no more bad points really....

i have a lot to thank robert bruce for,  people lke him deserve the public respect and appreciation,  not  britney spears, nsync etc