The NEW Technique-is it Western or Eastern?

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBee

Greetings,

I am very intrigued by the NEW technique, especially as it postulates the need for developing the secondary pathways for the primary pathways to open fully.  This is especially so as it took me two years to feel the chakras and some of them still feel blocked.  I have been doing energy work for years and have utilized the Western method of the Middle Pillar ritual, the Qabalistic method of aligning the Middle Sephiroth of the Tree of Life to the chakras in a somewhat indirect way than is done in the East.  Specifically, these centers, as they are called, are not directly seen to link with the parts of the body that the Eastern chakras would focus upon.  They are seen to be in the area and the work is on imaging the center in that area and not working to feel it within that part of the body directly.  It has been told to me, by my teachers, that the Western way of working from above on the below is a way to increase the capacity for drawing the higher plane powers down to earth, with especial reference to what may manifest as magic.  They have gone on to say that the Eastern method is a means of refining and sensitizing the subtle vehicles as an ascension or enlightenment method in which the power is moving up more often than it is being channeled down to earth.  As such, it has been postulated that the two methods would lead to different capacity to earth power as the Western way can bring down a high voltage while the Eastern way can bring down a more refined and subtle voltage.  I wonder, then, how the NEW technique fits in as either opening to a high voltage or refining to a subtle voltage.

Tom

I think you are thinking about this too much. How long have you spent on actually trying NEW?

Take your pick, East or West, and I'll argue that you are right.

JayBee

Thank you, Tom,

I have yet to begin NEW as I intend to do this through following Robert Bruce's MAP book.  I also intend to slow things down if I do not feel ready to move on to the next week's work despite my big push to finally consciously achieve OBE when I have only done so without intent in the past.

I must say that I feel the secondary pathways is something I really need to tune into as I feel blockages are an issue.  I have to think about the primary pathway work as it is different from the way I have been doing it for years.

Thanks for your reply!

Krevency

Yeah, it's a new system for you, so try to set aside your previous methods and give it a real try.  I think it's very effective.

I never heard about those two different ways of working on energy, getting different results.

So on working from above, do you mean stimulating the crown chakra first, and going down?

In the NEW system, I know, he says to start with the base chakra, and go up.  I don't know if that's what you were saying, though.

Western?  Eastern?  Which one would Austrailia fall under?  :)

andonitxo

Here you have a diagram which integrates both "technologies": http://www.technoccult.com/archives/qc8map.jpg

The middle pillar ritual is not based in chakra-like science. Kabala, as I understand it, uses a set of symbols which must be settle in your mind via meditation so they can trigger some aspects when working with them. A kind of raja-yoga.

Regardie states that difference, and that the symbols used by his exercise are mental triggers. Chakras are more like spiritual organs.

Anyway kabala comes from judaism, and for sure judaism itself took it from another cult, so it may be considered as eastern, as yoga is also, but from another east, hehe.

The tree of life is an invaluable tool to bear in mind as a model of the universe, but when it comes to work I do prefer chakra system, because I do feel them and I consider them as real (indeed they're for me).

In this sense, yoga based systems (chakras, respiration, stretching, meditation,...) are more scientific and positive than those cabalistic and they merge more closely the physical and the spiritual in a clever way. I can already remember this obscurantism applied by the golden dawn sect, and their bonking vaunt.