News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The ~herbal~ alternatives discussion section >

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Light Mystic

G'day/night again all. Here are more of what I know in regards to herbs and other kinds of plants that can naturally help out one with various kinds of physical problems or illness's.

Aloe succulent cactus - if you split open one of their long leaves, rub them on any bee sting, wound and especially burns. These cactus's are also edible too.

Arnica - this perennial herb's mostly good for treating sprains and bruises according to the Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening by the editors of Organic Gardening® Magazine, (p. 60)

Powerful Pain Relief P-K-5 With Glucosamine - this is a special blend of herbs in a liquid form one could use to help relieve oneself of muscular spasms and pains by rubbing it on the direct area there's disconfort at. This really does work, I've tried it myself a few times! Anyone ever heard of this before?

Blue Light blessings
from Blue Mystic

Tracy

This is a great idea,  I was going to start a thread asking about Kava Kava and St. John's Wort. I know that  Kava Kava is supposed to help with tension,  stress and promote a natural calming feeling (this herb is not in my herb encylclopedia for some reason) ,and I would not take the recommended amount this is too much if not in a vitamin.!  

St. John's Wort is said (in my encyclopedia) to help with nausea and has served as a sedative and analgesic.

They have these herbs in a vitamin called "One A Day". I find that they help take the edge off college related stress.  

Does anyone find that taking these herbs would cause their energy gathering to be sluggish and harder to move?  Of course these herb encyclopedias never say anything about how it will affect you energetically.

Tracy

"Man shall never reach his full capacity while chained to the earth.  We
> must take wing and conquer the heavens."--

Blue Light Mystic

Hello Tracy. Thanks for your information about St. John's Wort, Kava Kava (I honestly never heard of Kava Kava before) and "One A Day". ~

I've also heard it's good with naturally helping one from being depressed, I believe I once heard this on a commercial...Also, in my the Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening By The Editors Of Organic Gardening Magazine on page 985, it also states, "An infusion of one ounce of the herb to a pint of boiling water was given to help treat lung and urinary disorders." This way was once used in the past according to the herbal encyclopedia book too.

One other thing that I head about St. John's Wort that if one takes too much of it, it could become toxic. I don't know if this is true or not, but don't really like knowing that! I sure hope not... ~

No, I've never taken "One A Day" while I went to college before. I was a bit bad, as I became addicted to drinking caffeine instead of just being smart and trying to take herbs to help boost up my energy. I should've done some research on the matter and tried to take herbs to help me instead of drinking the caffeine...It took me at least a month to get off of it too! I think one of the herbs that could help boost one's mind as well as energy is Ginko biloba if anything though. ~

Tracy

Blue Light Mystic,

quote:
. I was a bit bad, as I became addicted to drinking caffeine instead of just being smart and trying to take herbs to help boost up my energy

With me it is the opposite.  Since working with energy (I think this is the reason)  caffeine has been awful for me.  Some days I feel like I have drank a whole pot and hadn't even touched it.  And I fidget in my seat dealing with different problems that energy users have, so when I started taking the vitamin Kava Kava and St. John's Wart it was a gold mind! It really has helped a lot but I am a little concerned about it effecting the energy manipulation.

Since these herbs are unmonitored by the Food and Drug Administration they should be taken in the least amount possible so I thought a vitamin would be safer.  

Thanks for the info on St. John's Wort I found it very useful!  I have no idea why our books don't have Kava Kava in them; it shouldn't be a new herbal.

I found the "One a Day" vitamin in my regular drugstore and I think they are in the supermarkets.  If you want the vitamin, you might be able to find it on one of the online drugstores.

Tracy

Tracy

Another question:

Where can you find the different herbs that are living?  Do you think that the local nurseries would have these? Or maybe you could recommend a herb catalog or online site.  I would really appriciate any info.

Thanks!

Jacara

I would think that a good nursery would have some.  I know seed companies carry herb seeds; for example, you can buy St. John's Wort seeds at www.burpee.com ...

On the topic of herbal remedies though, I find that they all do next to nothing for me.  If I know I'm coming down with a cold, all the echinacea in the world won't fight it off, but if I get a good day & night of sleep (and keep warm) I can usually avoid the cold altogether.  Heat & rest are the only things my body really wants.
"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

ninthplanet

I figure since you all are talking of herbs and such, I might as well say a couple of things.  During my childhood years, up to the present time, my mother has treated me with homeopathy.  I stand by this system 100%.  I think it is a wonderful alternative to poisonous prescriptions.  Within a short amount of time anyone can pick up a few books and remedies and go at it.  What I really like about the system is that it cures the problem, not the symptoms, something that the west  has yet to figure out.
  Also, I think it is befitting I post a certain website.  www.thedoctorwithin.com   This website is by far the most informative I have ever come across.  It shines so much light on the fact that the U.S. gov. is just a greedy money machine.  It has so many chapters which talk topics ranging from Ascorbic Acid Is Not Vitamin C to Journey to the center of you colon.  If you like the website please pass it on, I would really like everyone in the world to open their eyes.  Thank you, and happy journeys!

-ninthplanet

weagle

I don't know about kava kava they yanked it from the health stores here locally because they reported it causing liver damage (40 cases) but who is to say if that is true because many people in hawaii/polynesia country have taken this herb for centuries and the people that took them had liver problems (hepatitis etc..) another alternative probably more safer is Gotu Kola (indians call it bramhi).  It's used for anti-anxiety, they say it actually blocks receptors in brain where the panic area is so it's also a stress buster so technically it'll help the body heal itself in that area (stress is a major cause of slowing down healing), it has other components as well like blood purifier it has been reported to have anticancer/tumor capabilities in vitro, also it enhances the brain bringing more clarity of the mind overall it's an interesting herb I use it now for meditation cause any herb that makes you relax and keep your mind focused/awake is excellent its not like the other sedative herbs that make you want to fall asleep but only caution I never heard of but it's always good to be precautious not to take if you are pregnant/conceiving.  It also raises your body temperature a bit (kills all the nasty bacteria in the blood) while keeping you warm in the winter time.  I've been taking the herb for a week now and it's starting to heal my eczema ever since my body started to warm up it's now itching in the area (skin healing) not burning anymore I will see after a month or so how good it really works.

Tracy

Yikes, thanks weagle for that info.  I wonder if those people who have liver damage took Kava in full strength ( 6 capsules a day).  Luckily I have only taken it in a very small amount in a vitamin.  So, I'll have to go shopping for Gotu Kola.

Blue Light Mystic

Blue Light Mystic,

I was a bit bad, as I became addicted to drinking caffeine instead of just being smart and trying to take herbs to help boost up my energy

With me it is the opposite.  Since working with energy (I think this is the reason)  caffeine has been awful for me.  Some days I feel like I have drank a whole pot and hadn't even touched it.  And I fidget in my seat dealing with different problems that energy users have, so when I started taking the vitamin Kava Kava and St. John's Wart it was a gold mind! It really has helped a lot but I am a little concerned about it effecting the energy manipulation.

Since these herbs are unmonitored by the Food and Drug Administration they should be taken in the least amount possible so I thought a vitamin would be safer.  

Thanks for the info on St. John's Wort I found it very useful!  I have no idea why our books don't have Kava Kava in them; it shouldn't be a new herbal.

I found the "One a Day" vitamin in my regular drugstore and I think they are in the supermarkets.  If you want the vitamin, you might be able to find it on one of the online drugstores.

Tracy

Tracy, sorry I've taken so long in replying to you. I just wanted to thank you for sharing the information you knew about Kava Kava and St. John's Wart. I've heard of St. John's Wart before too, and others have also told me to not take it too often, as it can be "toxic". Darn that, oh well. Others have told me as well, that it's not always good to take or eat too much of anything, or it can be bad for one, so in the case of St. John's Wart, it is something that should not be taken too often.

Thanks again for your information ~

Blue Light blessings
from Blue Mystic

Blue Light Mystic

Another question:

Where can you find the different herbs that are living?  Do you think that the local nurseries would have these? Or maybe you could recommend a herb catalog or online site.  I would really appriciate any info.

Thanks!

Hello again Tracy. Well, I'm not sure if I know of any place where one could buy herbs at, maybe try a plant store, such as Walgreen's nursury and crafts. This store normally sells all kinds of plants including packets that have various kinds of herbs. I'll see if my friend could look up and give me that one site that might be more beneficial to you as well...If you'd like to learn even more about different herbs, also try going to your local bookstore and go in the nature section. I'm sure you might be able to fine certain nature field guide books that could be quite valuable, as they can provide one with photos, how to water them, what kind of sunlight they need and so forth.

Blue Light blessings
from Blue Mystic

Blue Light Mystic

I would think that a good nursery would have some.  I know seed companies carry herb seeds; for example, you can buy St. John's Wort seeds at www.burpee.com ...

On the topic of herbal remedies though, I find that they all do next to nothing for me.  If I know I'm coming down with a cold, all the echinacea in the world won't fight it off, but if I get a good day & night of sleep (and keep warm) I can usually avoid the cold altogether.  Heat & rest are the only things my body really wants.

Thanks Jacara for sharing this with us. Yes, sleep, staying warm and eating healty most of the time are the best ways to keep from catching a cold as well as any other kind of virus during the Winter time. I agree with you. But, some herbs such as echinacea and taking around 100 ml of zinc can further help prevent one from coming down with something too. But, what you said is the most important way too not get them as well.

Blue Light blessings
from Blue Mystic

Blue Light Mystic

I figure since you all are talking of herbs and such, I might as well say a couple of things.  During my childhood years, up to the present time, my mother has treated me with homeopathy.  I stand by this system 100%.  I think it is a wonderful alternative to poisonous prescriptions.

Thanks for sharing your opinion and belief here ninthplanet. Prescriptions have more chemicals than herbs do in them, yes and herbs can indeed be a much healthier alternative. However, some if taken in large quantities as well as too often could be bad too if one is not careful. ~

Within a short amount of time anyone can pick up a few books and remedies and go at it.  What I really like about the system is that it cures the problem, not the symptoms, something that the west has yet to figure out.

Yes, the west still needs to figure this out, that certain medications and even herbs can cure one's problem, but one still needs to find the root of what had created their problem, sickness, disease or illness in the first place, to truly be free of it as well as healed. I agree with you on this too. I also believe that Robert Bruce mentioned this before as well as many others. ~

Also, I think it is befitting I post a certain website.  www.thedoctorwithin.com   This website is by far the most informative I have ever come across.  It shines so much light on the fact that the U.S. gov. is just a greedy money machine.  It has so many chapters which talk topics ranging from Ascorbic Acid Is Not Vitamin C to Journey to the center of your colon.  If you like the website please pass it on, I would really like everyone in the world to open their eyes.  Thank you, and happy journeys!

-ninthplanet

Thanks for providing us with this link ninthplanet and sharing your views and opinions. Many of them I also agreed with you on too, especially the one where one should find the root of their problem so they can ultimately be 'healed' of their problem(s)/symptom(s) instead of just cured. ~

Blue Light blessings
from Blue Mystic

Blue Light Mystic

I don't know about kava kava they yanked it from the health stores here locally because they reported it causing liver damage (40 cases) but who is to say if that is true because many people in hawaii/polynesia country have taken this herb for centuries and the people that took them had liver problems (hepatitis etc..) another alternative probably more safer is Gotu Kola (indians call it bramhi).  It's used for anti-anxiety, they say it actually blocks receptors in brain where the panic area is so it's also a stress buster so technically it'll help the body heal itself in that area (stress is a major cause of slowing down healing), it has other components as well like blood purifier it has been reported to have anticancer/tumor capabilities in vitro, also it enhances the brain bringing more clarity of the mind overall it's an interesting herb I use it now for meditation cause any herb that makes you relax and keep your mind focused/awake is excellent its not like the other sedative herbs that make you want to fall asleep but only caution I never heard of but it's always good to be precautious not to take if you are pregnant/conceiving.  It also raises your body temperature a bit (kills all the nasty bacteria in the blood) while keeping you warm in the winter time.  I've been taking the herb for a week now and it's starting to heal my eczema ever since my body started to warm up it's now itching in the area (skin healing) not burning anymore I will see after a month or so how good it really works.

Thanks so much weagle for sharing what you knew about using Gotu Kola as a better alternative herb than kava kava. And, I also agree with you, that stress can be something that can further slow one's healing process down more. I especially liked what you said in how it can help aid one more in their meditation by making one more relaxed and keep one's mind focused and awake more. ~

Blue Light Mystic

Hi all. Just thought I'd mention a few good links to some great sites where one could find out more information about herbs and the like. Here are the following links as well as a few good books on the subject you could find more about herbs in:

"Healing Herbs, to keep you out of the Doctor's Office!" a mini magazine by American Media Mini Mags, Inc. written by Sue Kovach

The Green Pharmacy by Dr. James Duke, Ph.D., and botanist

And, here's a great book that could further help one eliminate cancer tumors by cooking and eating fresh herbs as well as avoiding certain chemicals that feed cancer:

The Cure For All Cancers by Hulda Regehr, Ph.D., N.D.

You can buy fresh and organic herbs from the San Francisco Herb & Natural Food Co.: http://www.npicenter.com/company.asp?ID=4468&action=company

Blue Light blessings
from Blue Mystic

wierdzly

I get most of my supplements from this company. They have all of the work and scientific research done for you. They have safe products that actually work desighned to treat specific conditions.

They have the option of reward for referals but I don't recommend it as a business. http://lifeplus.com/

You will be able to order from this site without a referal, but if you have specific questions in wich  much time is spent calling around researching you should use the # of the person that helped you so they will be able to get their products for less money.

Many health problems are caused by lack of nutrients. http://www.exxelaudio.com/barefootorder.html

WEIRDZLY!

Blue Light Mystic

Thanks for all of the links and your information here Weirdzly. I also recently was given some more links as well and the guy said that it can help people who have allergies to take some of the herbs on this site. They're called, "American Health & Herbs Ministry"

site:http://www.healthherbs.com/

http://www.healthherbs.com/products/tinctureformulations/1007.html

Blue Light blessings
from Blue Mystic

DjM

When one desires to stimulate the thinking process, eat roots (e.g. beets; radishes). Roots achieve this because of the relationship of the plant to the human being.

Potatos are not roots; is actually a thickened stem.  (the roots are the little things dangling from the potatos)  Potatos will actually make one lazy and only crave the next meal.  More precisely, they only stimulate the body region below the head, because it is not a root.  If the habit of eating potatos becomes established, the head will become less capable.

Roots cointain salts; flowers contains fats and oils.  When we eat roots, we introduce the salts into our intestines; these salts, in turn, make their way to the brain and stimulate it.  With flowers, the oils are already on the outside and this is what primarily fattens the stomach and intestines and, in turn, affects the lower body.

There will never be a strong influence on the head if someone cooks flowers in a tea.  If you cooked the roots, they will have a strong effect on the head.

bindi

Hi guys,
was reading your notes and thought that I would contribute....
I have taken both Echinacea and St Johns Wort.
I have found with the Echinacea that it will pospone a cold, as long as you keep taking it, it holds the cold at bay, but as soon as you stop, out comes the cold...there is still some use in this I suppose. (I also read an article in the newspaper a few weeks back on a scientific test they did on Echinacea and had a control group taking Echinacea and some taking a placebo. The ones taking a placebo were sick for less time!) I don;t know if this says something about Echinacea of the power of the mind!
The St Jons Wort, I took for mild depression and it worked really well....
I have just started reading about Bach flower remdies which basically seems to help the emotional balance which inturn affects the physical.
I've just started my puppy and horse on different remedies and hope to see some result in the near future...
The beauty of these remedies is that there is no bad side effects and I don't believe that you can take too much...
Bindi
C'est la vie.

Blue Light Mystic

G'Day/Night to ye DjM.

I wanted to thank you for contributing here. I never knew about the real effects of eating roots before as well as the potato not actually being a root, but a thickened stem. So, what do you think? Are beets and radishes the only kinds of edible roots we can eat though? Would carrots, dicots and maybe water chestnuts also be considered to be a type of root? I particularly love water chestnuts, so I'd really hope so then! ;) ~

"When one desires to stimulate the thinking process, eat roots (e.g. beets; radishes). Roots achieve this because of the relationship of the plant to the human being." DjM

So, eating different kinds of roots, can help stimulate one's thinking process more? That's great! Thanks, I sure could use some of that sometimes! ~

"There will never be a strong influence on the head if someone cooks flowers in a tea. If you cooked the roots, they will have a strong effect on the head." DjM

Well, once again, thanks for all of your information here. I honestly never knew pretty much anything you said here about potatos, roots or flowers, and their effects on us either. I never really gave this any thought, so thanks for bringing it more to my attention! ~

Blue Light Mystic

Hello to ye too Bindi!

Thanks for contributing too! ~

Yes, Echinacea does seem to be this way, but I also tend to wonder, if this might also have to do with what we believe in too. Herbs, pills and medications, probably do work differently with each seperate individual, because of what that person believes in. Thought and belief probably also further effect the outcome of whatever it is we take. ~

"(I also read an article in the newspaper a few weeks back on a scientific test they did on Echinacea and had a control group taking Echinacea and some taking a placebo. The ones taking a placebo were sick for less time!) I don;t know if this says something about Echinacea of the power of the mind!" bindi

Yes, see? Our own mind actually has the power to effect the outcomes of many different things in our life, including our illness's. Maybe, an illness, originally resides in our mind in the first place and we have to find a way to rid ourself of our own illness or sickness. I also believe, that pills, medications and herbs only actually do so much for us, and we really are the one's who have to make up our mind to get better in the end. ~

"The St Jons Wort, I took for mild depression and it worked really well....
I have just started reading about Bach flower remdies which basically seems to help the emotional balance which inturn affects the physical.
I've just started my puppy and horse on different remedies and hope to see some result in the near future...
The beauty of these remedies is that there is no bad side effects and I don't believe that you can take too much..." bindi

Well, it really does seem that St. John's Wort works for a lot of people out there, which is really great. It would be much more wise to try to just take a natural alternative such as herbs instead of pills due to them not having as many bad side effects, if any at all as you've said bind as well as chemicals in them.

Thanks again for sharing what you knew here, including what you had mentioned about the Bach flower. ~

Adrian

Greetings Everyone!

Very interesting and useful topic [:)] Especially at this time of the year with all of these bugs around.

I would highly recommend raw Garlic as a cure for Colds and 'flu as well as many other viral infections.

Red Garlic is the best, but white Garlic will suffice. Every four hours, pop a large clove or two small cloves of Garlic into your mouth and chew quickly, and then swallow followed by a good drink of water. I can personally testify that raw Garlic us an excellent remedy!

It has the additional advantage of preventing others from catching your illness as well - after eating raw Garlic, people won't come close enough to you to catch anything [:D]

Plenty of Garlic in cooking is also a good idea. I enjoy a hot curry (vegetarian),and the more Garlic the better to go with the Chilli's [:)]

With best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

triplearth

Yes the best medicine i have come across is vispassana meditation www.dhamma.org, but the path to the inward medicine takes all individuals their own transition times and dynamic pathways. There are so many types of meditations through the times and ages that we are blessed to have as tools today. NOt one type works for all- so we have to let ourselves be guided. Body and Spirit are interconected and it helps to have a healthy stable body to go deep into ourselves, this is where diet and natural medicine come into play. Growing your own is ideal and if its herbs your into you have to check out this herb catalog "Horizon Herbs" in williams Oregon, the catalog itself has a wealth of information. The most amazing antioxidant i have come across is microhydrin plus there is much to learn about how this works and the life of the inventor of this patrick flanagan. When i have a confrontation w/ a cold i use wild oregano oil, olive leaf these are very strong antimicrobials and echinacea/propolis tincture. This is what helped me gain balance just recently- its all about experimenting on the self and thinking about prevantative measures to avoid problems in the future. do we drink enough water and what quality is the water? The air , our thoughts and intentions, our relationships, the people we socialize with? we must look at all these and adjust the inbalances. There is alot of work to do, much blessings to all those who are on the healing path because we cant heal the whole unless we heal ourselves first, [:D] peace-

Child of the Forest

Hi all,

I have a cold or flu or something, I have started drinking this herbal tea which has Ecinacea and Goldenseal in it. I was wondering if eating the herbs from the tea bag aft5er drinking the tea would have a more positive effect...

if anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks [^]

~Child of the Forest

Ash

chinese medicine has a huge selection of herbs for virtually any purpose. i don't know about the availability of them where you guys are though. here in bc, canada they're pretty easy to come by. i won't put a big list here but if anybody's interested about something specific just ask