News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Life is but a dream?

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanth

Just thought I'd start a discussion about this.  :)

If life is but a dream... we know what happens when you become aware in a dream, what happens when you become aware while you're awake?

Lionheart

Quote from: Xanth on February 22, 2013, 20:32:56
Just thought I'd start a discussion about this.  :)

If life is but a dream... we know what happens when you become aware in a dream, what happens when you become aware while you're awake?
You begin living life in this reality as you were meant to!

Bedeekin

You become aware that you are essentially in a dream... and that anything is possible with proper intent. As above... so below.

Astralzombie

Truthfully...it can get depressing at times. There are so many pressures that society places on us and I know that were supposed to live up to the ones we feel are right and disregard the rest but in practice that can be hard to do.

This is the first Lent that I am not a Catholic anymore and I see the disappointment that my family has. They'll get over it, I know. But I would like to be able to discuss with them that this is not some rash decision I've made. I think if they really knew how much and how long I've struggled with this, they would truly understand instead of just faking it.

That's just one aspect that I had to wake up to but It's enough for me right now. I know a lot of people might think I'm making it a bigger issue than it really is and I agree to a certain extant. But come on...when we are talking about a true life changing move...the implications are deep.  For some it's about money or a career or family move, but right now for me...it's about the BIG picture. Once I'm satisfied that I'm on the right track, I'll look forward to my next big decision only being about money or a new job.

It's about where each of us are at in our own journey. :-D

Thanks for the chance to reflect.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

ChopstickFox

Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow-
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand-
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep- while I weep!
O God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

Had to throw some Poe in there.

he first time I heard that, it made me really excited. I know I'm pretty easily excitable, but it made the gears in my head turn and I liked the sound of it. There have been times when I have gotten so wrapped up in this world that I started ruining my life and the real purpose of living.

I feel liberated. I am living my life more fully. Once I stopped worrying and stressing about everything that is life, I realized my real values in life and rather than forcing the world to be what I thought I wanted it to be, I am now letting it take its own shape. In doing so, so much has been given back to me.

There was really a moment where I just needed to let go. Life is too short to force it.
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Xanth

Phenomenal responses guys!

its_all_bad,
I agree with Bedeekin... your name certainly doesn't suit your posts.  ;)

Astralzombie

Quote from: Xanth on February 23, 2013, 11:17:21
Phenomenal responses guys!

its_all_bad,
I agree with Bedeekin... your name certainly doesn't suit your posts.  ;)

It's short for none of it's all bad. :wink:
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

astralnaut1

this reminds me this quote:  "we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. " - Bill Hicks
mental layer by layer combat sux

ChopstickFox

Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Ellis91

Quote from: astralnaut1 on February 24, 2013, 04:58:18
this reminds me this quote:  "we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. " - Bill Hicks

Qft,
Learning to be mindful every minute of the day, fully experiencing and enjoying every moment of life in the correct state of mind
that's the big challenge.  :-)
The Astral Pulse Astral Police Cop Department. (APAPCD)
Keeping you safe from old hags with pillows since 2011

Astralzombie

Why couldn't this be the dominating cultural philosophy and outlook on life? Surely if it were, a forum like the pulse would not be needed in it's current context. As much as I love this site, I would love a culture where it wasn't needed more.

Mark Twain

Szaxx

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Xanth

Coming from the Machine-Gun-Kitty... hehe  Kind of funny.  :)

I wrote an article on my website which I want to share here for everyone.  It's a short one, but it's part of my perspective and touches a bit on what astralnaut said above:

It's entitled "Are Projections 'Internal' or 'External' Experiences?"
QuoteSo, which is it? When we "project" our consciousness away from this physical reality, are we projecting to something internal to ourselves or external to ourselves?

I'll answer this from my own experience. Basically, since all is consciousness, there is no "physical body". There never was, it's all virtual. So there's nothing to "separate" from. And since there's no physical body, there's nothing "internal" with which you project into. You ARE consciousness, so it's not so much that you have to get out of your body in order to project... it's that you need to focus away from what you're experiencing (this physical) and open yourself to something that isn't this physical. It's like a wave, individual among the body of water it is born from. Each of us are a wave OF (not in) the ocean. A wave can't separate from the ocean, anymore than you can separate from this body of consciousness that we're all apart of.

So projection isn't something internal to you... and it's not external to you either. Why? ...because you ARE it. You are the ocean. You are everything. Projection is you experiencing yourself (consciousness) from a slightly different perspective. You're shifting your perception away from experiencing yourself as one thing, towards experiencing yourself as something else.

Does that make any sense or have I confused the matter more?
So if life is but a dream... who's dreaming?  You?  ... or everything?  :)

mon9999

individuality and oneness is a two side of the coin.. we are individual experiencing in the ocean yet we are also one with everything and everyone

majour ka

We awaken from the bonds of attachment, the illusion of death, the illusion of separateness, of others of "I"
the illusion of good or bad. The ego dissolves and we know ourselves as spirit manifested by the will and dream of the creator.

in other words, self realisation or enlightenment. We become like the sky and the clouds are what comes and goes.