News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Why are people the way they are?

Previous topic - Next topic

PissedOff24

Hello,

Why are people fake?

Why do people have to put down others to feel mighty?

Why does it seem like people never change?

How can I rise above all this?

Is there any hope?

Life sucks for me now. I have trouble getting out of the bed in the morning. My body physically is crap. My mind is everywhere. I deal with crap at work, school, my internship, on the streets, in shops, EVERYWHERE. Please answer the above questions for me. Actually, two more right here:

Why do people go on anti-depressants and sleeping medication, when EVERYONE in society portrays this message that everything is all fine and perfect and happy?

Just how do they hide it? It seems like EVERYONE in society is (they fake it, of course) all happy and perfect and mighty. But I have seen situations where someone is a social butterfly outside, yet they are all depressed behind closed doors and have to take medications and other things to keep them afloat.

I posted this here because I thought I could get some advice from people who are more experienced in life and have been there and done that. I know that the level of consciousness is very high among members here (unlike modern society) so hopefully you can help me here.

Tayesin

Quote from: PissedOff24 on February 19, 2009, 19:09:27
Because from the moment they are born, all people are Indoctrinated into "The Dream". Everyone Models it for them, Media delivers it directly, Schools Entrench it further and our Peers insure it is forever a source of conversation, desire and competition. The Dream is designed to have each person function solely within strict boundaries with limited Awareness of anything else. It is the control mechanisms of this Indoctrination process that insures everyone fits the mold, while it allows for some limited variations, yet if you stray too far outside its boundaries you are a black sheep, a loser, a bum, a freak, a nutcase, a hippy, etc... so most people just trudge along , following everyone else before them on the wide and well used path.

The Dream was told to me by my father when I asked him at age 17 what the meaning of life is, his answer was, "You are born, you go to school, when you leave school you get a job and meet a girl. Then you get married, get a mortgage and 2 or 3 kids. And you work all your life to pay off the house so you can die and leave it to yor kids." Sound familiar?

Why are people fake?
Because most people do not know who they are, they emulate what the media portrays for their age-groups aspirations. They live at 400mph on the highway of life, which means they can never see the signposts, never have the "luxury of time" to find themselves, unless they "drop out" and go find themselves. Most people are really frightened to show themselves, as they are always expected to be a certain way, dress a certain way, live a certain way and be someone they may not be... ie:- By the time a woman is 40, she has lived as Mrs. Someone, Someone's Mom, a Number at work and in the system, the lady next door,and for many "That Woman". Never has she been who she really was, and it is no different for a man with the exception of not being  Mr. Someone.

I think it is the fear of showing yourself as not a part of the dream's whole that frightens most people, the not fitting in scares people silly, so they must be whoever they can be to fit in and operate in the system, which is a lie to themselves and prevents spiritual growth to awareness and your real inner power.

Why do people have to put down others to feel mighty?
That's an easy one. Power!! Every interaction between human beings is about energy.. who has it, who is taking it from another, who gets it all and wins. Most people feel so bad inside that they have to take energy/power from other people in order to feel better about themselves. This is a symptom of The Dream, it's preoccupation with Competition for Everything. It keeps everyone so busy that they simply don't have the time for reflection and self-improvement in a real sense other than the mundane.

Why does it seem like people never change?
Because no one is Modelling a Different way to live, providing a break away option that is attractive and safely comfortable enough for people to want to change. Most people believe they are OK, yet never see that having a Shrink is not only an indicator of the population struggling within The Dream, but it has also become a standardised Status Symbol displaying your income level ability to see one. People usually do not see WHY they should consider changing themselves and the Society refuses to Model a healthier option.

How can I rise above all this?
This is going to sound weird. Where is your attention at? It is okay to observe all around you, to see it clearly, but it is not okay to dwell on it by focusing your attention on it all or most of the time. As spiritual beings in this time, we are meant to be reaching  Equanimity.. a centeredness where you can see what is around you in the world and not be effected by it, not have emotional or energetic reactions to any of it, but instead to calmly see the bigger picture which allows you to choose each and every action according to whether you can change something or cannot.

I suggest, as crazy as this sounds to you right now, that everything you observe is how it HAS TO BE for now, therefore it is perfect. If we try to change the way our society is going, now, then we run the serious risk of humanity needing to repeat these steps in the future because it was never finalised in our collective experience this time. Those who seriously desire change in our world now, are what I call the "Seed Planters for the Future", they have within them deep desires for equality, for understanding, for loving relationships with all things, etc. So if our world is in the final stages of the Mindset-Experience we can call "Might is Right", then we must allow that mindset to be finalised, to be finished with in human experience, and as it does so the Seeds of the future are planted by those who whole-heartedly desire change in the world now.

So, you can help yourself to rise above it by focusing on what you can do, what you can change in your area of influence. You can be a Shining Light that others will see. You can do this by choosing in each moment to focus on a higher perception, on the understanding that everything around you is necessary at the moment and that you hold within you some beautiful seeds to share with those who wake-up from the dream and are lost in the world without guidance, support and companionship. You have this within you, so let it Shine now.

Is there any hope?
As Above.

Life sucks for me now. I have trouble getting out of the bed in the morning. My body physically is crap. My mind is everywhere. I deal with crap at work, school, my internship, on the streets, in shops, EVERYWHERE.
These are symptoms, they are not who you are, only what you are being. I understand, I regularly feel a similar way, so you are not alone, there are many more of us who at times would like to choose to not participate. Don't feel guilty, just try each day to find one Good thing in your life, no matter how small it may be, and hold tightly to that bright thing.

I also think you are feeling something else and have no way of expressing what it is... and that is feeling what is about to happen here in our beautiful little world, feeling that the time has come to take action and responsibility for our selves like we have never done in the past, and yet not knowing what action, what responsibility, what limits to it, etc. It's okay for now, but you will need to make a decisions very soon about how you will live these next few years including the basics of how you will feed yourself and your dependants, how will you keep them safe and free, etc. Inside each of us right now there is a growing feeling of what is to come, and, it is also a feeling of the push-on from your Soul to stand up, be self-directed, self-energized and to Shine so those less empowered can see and want to know how to have it too.

Why do people go on anti-depressants and sleeping medication, when EVERYONE in society portrays this message that everything is all fine and perfect and happy?
Because people do not feel fine, they feel lost in their comfort zones, lost for clear direction in a Culture that is so very obviously crumbling around us. While this might not look as if it applies to all people, it does, even those so very sure of themselves, those richest few, etc, are all feeling this, most are ignoring it. And, The Dream requires you to not show how you truly feel, to not let others see you struggling and to reduce your humanity to limited, acceptable levels in order to pull the cover over your own eyes as well as those around you.

Just how do they hide it? It seems like EVERYONE in society is (they fake it, of course) all happy and perfect and mighty. But I have seen situations where someone is a social butterfly outside, yet they are all depressed behind closed doors and have to take medications and other things to keep them afloat.
That is the Model we are Indoctrinated into functioning within., as above.

I do hope some of this is helpful for you. Please try to work on Equanimity, find the Light within you and choose to Shine in this darkening world Now.

PissedOff24

Great explanation, I give thanks for your existence.

One more question. How did Humanity get like this? Please tell me.

CFTraveler

Because we started to believe the illusion was real.  After all, it was necessary to act as if it were to survive.  Or so we think/thought.  So soon we started to believe it.  And so on.

volcomstone

Because it's an addiction.  You get stuck into an archetype. There are many archetypes. All people are a reflection of yourself in the end.  The idea is you select the people you want to be around you because they reflect the positive aspects of yourself.

You can control people through addiction. Criminals and drug dealers know this. The most expensive drugs are the most addictive. There is an anger in myself towards people who have the ruthlessness to control people in such a way. It sickens me how little energy they have to output to get the darkness to spread. Light takes much more energy and effort.

It seems like everyone is becoming more and more polarized. More extreme in their personality. More desperatation. 

I'm addicted to my way of life. (I've got shiny things, and food.)  It seems like I'm offered more opportunities to follow a dark path than the light. Perhaps the light path is simply not following the dark. I've got so many rules of engagement with people that I could be considered anti-social.  I just won't sleep with your girlfriend, no matter how hot she is, and even though she hits on me everytime you're not around.

Also it seems like people are afraid to leave the animal behind. Compassion and empathy are considered a weakness amoung those who are close to their animal self.  My compassionate self feels sorry for those so clouded, they'll never fully realize their purpose, Like a wounded animal. fight or flight.

Put that clown face on every morning. Don't be afraid about being laughed at.  It's easy to laugh with others. It's hard to laugh by yourself. 

I guess the real question is are you a laugh starter or follower?  Is malicious humour un-funny to you? or do you revel in the failure of others?  Most people just laugh because someone else is.
opinions are like kittens, just give 'em away

AmbientSound

Focus on what is positive and let it fill your consciousness.

genep

Hello,

...  Life sucks for me now. '... (unlike modern society) so hopefully you can help me here.

the more you suffer in life
the more likely that you will sooner or later even explode with the Laughter that makes life unreal   

this Laughter is Self, alias Kundalini, laughing at it-Self.
-- wreally reality
both unlost and unfound

TheII

I think this subject has been discussed to its fullest extent and I agree with most of it. I read something in a Kurt Vonnegut book I believe that lead me to believe that life is how it is, it can change but at the time you cant change it so just bee happy. life isn't out to get you. Plus that first question is tough, people are just F'd, nice reply Tayesin.

Xanth

Don't worry about that which you have no power to change.  :)