News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

A MAGICAL LOOK AT WAR

Previous topic - Next topic

jilola

War becomes reality when MY interest is seen as more inportant as YOUR interest.
What the governing body sees a workable excuse for initiating the hostilities is what the general public sees as the cause.

War is never really about us and them but about my tribe's perceived good the the other tribe. In other words, war is the the act of a subset of a tribe to associate themselves with other and thus seeing themselves as separate and in some sense more worthy of the other part.
In plain terms, war is a government reduced to kindergarten.

2cents & L&L
jouni

Rob

Hey yeah cool.

I think there can be a number of reasons for war though, dont think you can totally clamp it down to any one thing. Some people will go to war (old WW examples) to defend themselves and other people who deserve defending. Which is all well and good as long as it is not taken too far (ie what we have today, war because of the threat of a necessary defence.....poppycock...ahem....).

Or war with one group simply being full of greedy members and wanting what others have. Which is what Jilola was saying, I think. But I dunno, doesn't this still involve the "them and us" picture? Them worst so us/me better.

However, I think the biggest cause of war is specifically like you say, people perceiving "us and them" - ie that there is a real difference between them. From thousands of years ago, when it was percieved as OK to "kill the infidel/pagan/etc", to todays tone "kill the rag-head terrorist" (which, alas, creates a connection between "terrorism" and a race, extending into its OK to hurt the race to get a few terrorists).
Yeah, war thrives on duality, creating opposites - divide and conquer etc. Without making them different from us, it becomes pretty hard to think of a good reason to go in there and kill them all.

As Bill Hicks so put it "How are we gonna keep building nuclear weapons, once we realise that we're all one?? It would f**k up the economy!!"
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

n/a

http://azaithoth.chaosmagic.com/MYSTICAL.htm
let's end up the age of horus(dog respect): 1904-22.12.2003
and start the evolution.

hail.

Tisha

excerpt from mythinglinks website article

discuss, discuss!

War is always an "us" versus "them."  Thus all the conflicted dualities emerge and are turned into explosive issues by the spin-doctors and PR people on both sides: good/evil, light/dark, human/beast, farmer/herder, city/city, country/country, Christian/Christian, Christian/Jew, Christian/Moor, Jew/Jew, Jew/Moslem, Moslem/Moslem, Moslem/infidel, white/black, red, yellow, and brown, rich/poor, educated/uneducated, aristocracy/commoner, North/South, East/West, land-owner/tenant, employer/slave, macho/homo, strong/weak, young/old, and so it goes, and goes and goes, unstoppable.  Both sides seek power and at least one side will kill to get it and justify the slaughter in the name of god, polis, fatherland, motherland, or "higher good."

We forget that the deeper issue isn't the abstract one of choosing peace over war, or cooperation over dominance.  Important as those choices are, a much more profound one involves the choice between creativity in the service of life, or creativity in the service of death.  Freud framed this choice in terms of Eros and Death -- in other words, will we succumb to a deep-seated death wish in which all is frozen and nothing ever changes, or will we choose the more difficult, subtle, mercurial, always changing, juicy, creative drive Freud called Eros?

Source
http://www.mythinglinks.org/cp~WarsWeaponsLies.html
Tisha