News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Just Curious...

Previous topic - Next topic

Seeking ET

I am beginning to get curious about "magic".  I am a spiritual person, not at all religious, and open to a lot of things.  I've come across some information that I won't get into that has lead me to individuals in the occult.  I was just wondering: Why does magic work?  Is it a matter of how strongly you believe that the universe will send you what you ask for?  Is it connection with the energy that flows through all of nature?  How did these "spells" come to be?  Folklore?  Is there any record of their working authentically for what they were created for?  Please, enlighten me.

Steel Hawk

Well, first magick doesn't always work  :-D

Word to the wise, lose your interest in "magic". But... wtf...

When magick works, why does it work? It could be considered that any physical action is magick. For example, when you make any physical action what has to happen for this to take place? Think in general terms.

Belief has nothing to do with magick. I can believe that I'm replying to your post but it won't make it happen.

Energy that flows through all of nature? How about all the universe, and that'd be "aether", part of a popular theory before Einstein -- now considered invalid, but I think our modern scientists were wrong to discount it. And yes magick would use aether... that's however reaching at the very brink of my knowledge. Still some secrets to discover there...

How did spells come to be... probably went like this: it's 10,000 BC and it's dark outside. A group of people are in huddled in a cave in the rain forest, with the haunting sounds of hungry predators wanting to kill them. How would you feel? They try to make noise to scare the evil things away, they learn that if they make the same noises they sound like a bigger animal, the noises become a chant, a chant that they repeat that some how keeps the predators at bay.

The first spell is created. "Young warrior, you must recite this chant for protection from predators" and since well it keeps the predators away then it must keep other things away, why not.. so "Young warrior, you must recite this chant from protection from all evil"... etc.

Are these truly spells? ...I suppose, now days we have a better understanding, just like they had weapons (e.g. sticks) and now we have weapons (e.g. lasers in space). Are they both weapons? Are they both spells? Sure... but they're very different.

If you want very direct answers without working for them you'll need to gain the trust of someone that already knows these things, at least I hope that's the case.