News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Runes

Previous topic - Next topic

Nita

Hello Black Lightening
My favorite book on the runes is Esoteric Rune Magic by D. Jason Cooper. It is out of print but you might be able to find a copy of it. They have a lot of rune books upon amazon.com also
The runes are drawn upon objects, or used for diviniation. You can burn a rune script or save it and have it for protection. It is good on necklaces and they have bind runes which is a combination of influences.
I like to put them on windows, doors and even on the car in a place where no one will find them.
  You need a good book to tell you all of the uses because there is not enough room here.
    Nita
www.astralhealer.com
www.hermeticuniversityonline.com

n/a

1ST for the practical purposes, you should consider the work of mr
Guido von List and his analysis of 'Armanen runes'
2ND you could consider the book ISBN 1-903327-11-3
very good (and very cheap) with no assumptions whatsoever.
3RD the runes follow a strict digital runic code
(I hope this will not come to large.)

there is also other strict codes for the other runen systems.
>but there is always a code!
-and there is magical analogy hidden.

4TH knowing this code, you could invent new runes,
for your own magical purposes, completley analogous to the rest,
and that is very powerfull.

-keep up the good work!

Tisha

First, you must decide for yourself which "ethnic path" you wish to follow.   Magical systems are strongly tied to ethnic heritage, and the land from which they came.  In a way, Magic is a child of the land.

Runes are especially difficult to decipher because they're so cryptic. So you'll have a lot of history reading to do. If you choose, northern-european runes (the most popular ones here in the U.S.), decide WHICH ones you are interested in (Nordic? Anglo-Saxon?) and study the history of the people.  The symbols will have meaning to you ONLY when you understand the thinking, customs, and beliefs of the people who created them.

I was fortunate to have met a Norwegian woman whose family has been doing runecasts for generations.  When she talks, she just doesn't shut up, so I learned a lot about runes.  For instance, the Norwegians don't believe in "reversed" runes.  If a rune falls upside down, it has the same meaning as if it had fallen right side up.

Have fun!

Tisha

n/a

hot damn!
and I thought I could be an Occultist and Esotheric,
without being historian and the sociologist.

-what do you think black_lightning?

Forgotten Flame 13

The only thing I know about runes, is that if most good video games are made around them. (Lost Kingdoms) ;D

n/a

EIHWAZ=666 + SOWELO MAKE A GOOD SIGN TOGETHER.
ONE IN OTHER. LIKE SEX.(not better then sex!)
-DON'T YOU THINK?
(does not need die Armanen Runen!)

Dragon_Warrior

I know a whole bunch about runes.
btw how do you get avatars here?

anyway runes are for contacting the oracle to find answers to your questions.[:D]

Tisha

"Dragon_Warrior" - Runes are so much more than oracles; used properly they are magical tools.

For an avatar, look to the upper right hand corner of the screen to see "Astralpulse News."  There is an article on avatars you should read before choosing one.  Also, you can go to the Forum Bugs and Questions section for more information.
Tisha

Xvirus

you are mod hello

Nita

HI Tisha
  A good book that explains magical alphabets is Magical Alphabets by Nigel Pennick ISBN 0-87728-747-3 It gives basic history and the numerical values. It also describes a lot of different alphabets including the one we are typing with at the moment.
  It was used for predictions by Nostradamus, and the Sibellyine oracles. It is a fascinating subject and there is no accepting just one set of books or standards. Everyone should find out which one suits them as Tisha suggested.
  Nita
www.astralhealer.com
www.hermeticuniversityonline.com

n/a

OK. and Where is the Oracle??

a) TULA (Grenland)
b) Olimp (mountain in Macedonia)
c) Jupiter
d) Asgard

2 who guides the Oracle?
a) teutonic Gods
beth) hebrews
c) a woman from Matrix
d) Matrix itself

kai

Hi everyone!

I have recently taken an interest in runes and was wondering if you lot could give me some information about them eg. how they should be used, magic with runes etc.

Thanks a bunch for anything as I have read a few sites but am still not that clear about runes and thought that the combined knowledge of everyone in this forum might be able to help me with this subject.

Kai
...and we danced on the brink of an uncertain future to the echo of a vanishing past...