News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

telepathy and Empathy?

Previous topic - Next topic

BONEChief

Well heres my apinion, i think if you hear someone elses thoughts it would be just like hearing you mental dialog, somehting most wouldn't notice unless they learned to watch what they think or hear in their mental dialog.  On empathy i think you feel axactly what the other is feeling but you may or may not know its your own feelings depending on say development of empathy.

Only when one can sit back and look at the whole picture, can one see the purpse of the little things in life.

James S

Hi Shorty,

BONECheif's pretty much got it right with the telepathy - it is an internal dialog.

Empathy can vary depending on the strenght of the ability, and it can manifest in different ways.
I've had the abilities of an empath since I can remember, but the input I get from it varies depending on my own "state of mind". Sometimes it can be like intuition - you just "know" what someone is feeling. Other times it can be a full on wave of emotion, and it can take you by surprise. I remember once walking down a busy street outside some shops and I got several strong waves of emotion from people who were just passing by, or walking across my path. I didn't need to be looking at them, I just had to be in the vicinity. Basically I felt the emotion they were feeling, but kind of disjointedly. That is, I could feel it, but it didn't affect me, I just recognised the feeling.

In order for me to allow my empathy to work, I have to be emotionally calm and neutral, and my mind needds to be quite clear and un-cluttered. Your own feelings can interfere with what you feel from others.

jokiesmurf

telepethy is the sending and recieving of thoughts from one person to another
let us consider the physiology of the human brain at the bottom back where there is a soft spot is the pineal gland it is a sand like substance and it is the reciever for telepathic vibrations.  Sending these vibrations is simple concentrate on the spot on the recievers neck and send a thought to their receptive pineal gland.  Distance is of no concern.  Try doing exercises with a sympathetic friend as they will not lie to you take turns being sender and reciever but learn one first then the other.  Telepethy is not a dabblers science as maddness can rule the thoughts of the one who cannot control his own thoughts.  If this happens imagine a brick wall and think thoughts like I am positive to you: you are negative to me.  As for empathy I have no clue.

ltk

Tracy

For empathy, the emotion you are sensing can both take over you and manifest itself into your actions or you can feel it emanating from the individual but it doesn't seem to be affecting you emotionally.  Maybe because of shield protection.  I have had experience with both and also the just knowing how they are feeling.  

For telepathy, I have only had urges to say something out loud that ended up answering the question of what the individual is thinking even though I am not sure of the question being asked.  It just happens naturally and without warning.  .

shorty

HI everyone! For me, I've lately been able to kind of know what's on someone else's mind, but I could just be having a lucky day. Is there any way to determine whether it's real telepathy or my imagination? For empathy, I haven't really persued that much, but it would be of help to me since I have a lot of friends who get depressed sometimes, and I want to be a psychologist, so it could come in useful there too.

thanks!
Michael

KP

Analyse your thoughts.  If you get spontaneous thoughts about other people, chances are it's the other people's thoughts you are hearing.  It takes a lot of practice, trial and error.  It's a very slight feeling, and you won't notice it unless you analyse your thoughts and practice.  
Phone the person up and ask them if they just thought what you thought they thought.  hehe.  This will help boost your confidence.  And go about your day being as relaxed and as free of negative thoughts as you can.  The lower your brainwaves, the easier perception becomes.

After 3 months of developing it i'm starting to notice a major difference.

That's just my own personal technique though, you also might want to visit www.psipog.net and read the telepathy articles there.  Although there's not much info on recieving, more on sending.
Also, i'd recommend the book "Remote Viewing" by Tim Rifiat.  Excellent techniques to develop all psychic abilities.  From the military, he says they are the most advanced (and safe) to date

KP

http://www.prawny.com

cainam_nazier

I have and do experiance both.

Telepathy is interesting.  It was stated earlier that with telepathy it is some what like an internal dialog.  This is not always the case.  That some what requires a high degree of controll by all involved.  However since the average Joe does not have the controll or is not thinking of it the results can be largely speratic.  I experienced one full mind link, in which thoughts in the form of words were being passed back and forth.  But the large majority of what I have come accross is better describe as a surface link.  This being were you pick up on thoughts, words, and images that are current in the other person.  This kind of interaction is along the lines of finishing a persons sentances or knowing what they are talking about with the least possible verbal information an so on.
   Empathy is an entirly different animal.  It is often just pure emotion.  You can get emotional content with Telepathy as well but with Empathy it is stronger, much stronger.  This being largely due because you do not so much feel it coming "from" some one else.  But rather you feel thier emotions as if they were your own.  The connection that is formed is often one direction only, however it is possible to change the direction and the emtion with it but it can be difficult because you can get caught up in the other persons emtions causing it to be difficult to assertain you emtions and thiers.  Typically there is a trasmitter and a reciever.  The vast majority of empaths are receivers but you can just the same trasmit your emtions, which is often the case with healers and such.  To purposely transmit your emtions takes more control.  You may notice at times people who can willingly change the mood of a room.  This kind of action is basically forcing every one to become a receiver.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com
I am he who walks in the light but is masked by the shadows.
http://www.prepaidliving.com/vip/David127385

jilola

My opinion: They are both the same thing only telepathy works on an intellectual level with intellectual symbology whereas empathy works on an emotional level and with emotional symbology.

A quesiton: Are they both birectional, ie. can you affect the emotional state of another using empathy?

2cents

jouni

Spirit Raven

Hello,
I am new to this so please be patient http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0> I have read all the posts and have to wonder as no one has mentioned the feeling of physical pain as an empath, just the feeling of emotion. Am I the only one out there who feels physical pain as well as emotions? I know I can't be, but it certainly feels that way. I am very interested to hear what anyone else has to say on this.

Blessings Be,
Spirit Raven

Dance to the music of your dreams, enjoy the steps along the way and keep smiling!

kakkarot

i have felt other people's physical pains at times. it is definately empathy that does that. i don't like it either. i have also been able to feel other people's emotional pains for a long time. for instance, i was working one day (i work at a restaurant as a busser) and as i was clearing a table of dishes (i was bent over the table at the time), i suddenly looked through the table and "saw" an image of a girl that i work with (clairvoyance?), and accompanying the image was a feeling of sadness (empathy) and also the intuitive knowledge that she was crying (psychic). during the entire time i saw her physically that day, there was no indication about her that she had been crying. a few days later she told me that she had gone downstairs into the staff area (remember how i looked downward) and was crying because her boyfriend had cheated on her, and the other girl had come in to eat that day, and the reminder of what her ex-boyfriend had done had made her cry.

in some instances, the differences between each ability isn't so clear cut because multiple abilities are happening at once. with training in each area, however, you will come to realize that they are independant; though why that should matter is of relatively small significance in application.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Spirit Raven

I have felt emotional pain most of my life a well. The physical pain started about 10 or 12 years ago. At least that is when I really started becoming aware that is was not my own pain. It is usually with family that it happens which is completely understandable. But it has also happened that I would get sudden physical pain....one time it was my kidneys with a clear image of a close friend. I called and once she told me what was happening...sever kidney infection....the pain went away. It has happened with strangers as well and it isn't pleasant by any means. Especially when the pain is severe. I think that maybe since we are not just physical or just emotional or just spiritual beings, but all three, then getting all of it can help in healing, if you also happen to have that gift, by having a more clear or acurate knowing of what is wrong. I hope what I just said makes sense. If not let me know and maybe I can clarify. I have had some experience with healing, but I couldn't really say it is a forte. But then, I have had many experiences in so many different areas at one time or another....kind of a hodge podge really. I would love to be able to master them all.....that I would live so long for that http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>. Ah well, maybe in the next life......

Dance to the music of your dreams, enjoy the steps along the way and keep smiling!

Spirit Raven

Receiving feelings from  being close to someones aura works fine unless the person is 3 or 4 states away as was the person I spoke of. I suppose it is possible she was thinking of me at the time (either conciously or subconciously) and that facilitated my feeling her pain and receiving a mental image of her to go along with it. Ah well...it's fun to speculate whether the answer is found or not and I do enjoy all the differences in perspective and points fo view.

pod3

Kodemaster

Hi shorty,

I'm just starting to some to terms with the fact that I may be an empath. It's starting to open up some doors for me; providing reasons some unexplained feelings.

I was in a restaurant with my friend drinking coffee at the counter recently. I was going about my business, when I suddenly felt this deep pain, the visceral type you feel when you're longing for someone to love. I happened when this one waitress walked by me, and I somehow "knew" she was lonely for a man.

I found myself searching for an explanation, and at the same time trying to sort this feeling from my own. I knew it wasn't my feeling, as I had not been looking for someone. It was like it was a separate emotion superimposed over my own. Eventually the feeling went away.

Since then, I've been testing out my skills in various places, trying to see what I can pick up. I most recently tried it when I went to the mall. I picked up all kinds of things...although I cannot prove anything as they were all strangers...

Jeni

JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

cainam_nazier

YOu know I have done this same kind of thing.  The only way I have been able to prove some of the things that I get is with people I know.  They find it amazing that I know what they are talking about with limited verbal imformation.  But I can feel what they want to say.  I have found that you can lead a conversation by paying attention to the emotions that you recieve.  You can coax a person into opening up a little more than they normally would.  

There have been a few times that I have wanted to walk right up to people I don't know and tell them things.  But the idea of being looked at like a freak of nature doesn't really appeal to me.  It is one thing to be having a conversation with some one but it is entirely differnt thing to walk up to a stranger and tell them that thier friend was not really mad at them but venting and not to take what was said to heart.  They will come back around.  

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com
I am he who walks in the light but is masked by the shadows.
David127385.freestoreclub.com

Spirit Raven

I have had many experiences of other peoples "feelings" before over the years. Sometimes I was able to identify the "feeling" as not my own immediately....sometimes I would wonder for a while before realizing it wasn't my own. However, I have a good, close relationship with all  my childreen (I have 4), but there seems to a be  little something extra with my older son who is the second child...strange as it sounds, I have had this something extra since before he was born. He is now almost 19 and living with his older married sister a little over an hour away. Not long ago I had a very strong feeling of being anxious.....couldn't tell if it was fear related, excitement, or what. As soon as I started focusing on the feeling however, I got a clear mental image of my son. Needless to say, as soon as I saw him again I drew him aside, told him what I had been feeling and the image I had gotten of him and then asked what was up......he just grinned and told me what was going on. As I said, our family has a pretty good relationship that is close.....we all tend to finish each others sentences or say what another is thinking. He is the only one though that i can "tap" into that strongly. My husband and I have raised our children on metaphysics and being open minded about anything pertaining to it.
I do have to say though that it can be a little scary when receiving the feelings of a stranger when it is pure hatred......can literally make you sick to your stomache. Anyone else ever get one of those?

Thefiregodess666

quote:
Originally posted by Spirit Raven

I do have to say though that it can be a little scary when receiving the feelings of a stranger when it is pure hatred......can literally make you sick to your stomache. Anyone else ever get one of those?
I read this quote and new exactly what you were talking about! I unfortunetly have felt that feeling a few times. I remember the feeling all to well. I had met this friend of my boyfriends for the first time and and the minute that we locked eyes i could feel that she really did not like me or want me to be there. I felt like i was going to puke. Sometimes i think id rather not beable to tell those type of things with people. I meet someone and right away if there not a good person i know it but none of my friends can see it so i end up saying something like i dont think you should hang out with that person and get given a lecture about how i dont even know them. So i end up just trying my best to ignore what i feel,to not be the heartless shedevil that they think im bieng and wait for them to finally see through the persons act or not and they end up getting there feelings hurt.

beavis

shorty "First telepathy. How do you know you are sensing other peoples' thoughts?"

Sometimes I cant tell the difference between my thoughts and other peoples'. Other times I just know its theirs. But I rarely do telepathy.

shorty

Hi Everyone! I'm curious about telepathy and empathy? First telepathy. How do you know you are sensing other peoples' thoughts? Do you hear a voice, like on Tv, or is it just thoughts? For Empathy, is it the same thing only with enhanced emotions radiating from that person, or do you read the thoughts on that too?

Thanks!
Michael