News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

New Research on Consciousness shows ...

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumaza

There is new research on "consciousness" that shows that current scientific understandings and theories of consciousness may be flawed.

I just found this link on another Forum, courtesy of a member there named "broken". It's funny because the word "broken" definitely fits the  past scientific views of consciousness in general!  :roll:

http://www.iflscience.com/brain/leading-theory-about-how-consciousness-works-may-be-wrong

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Szaxx

Not much available time at present do I'll read up later. However, I have found a book which is interesting and may have some relevance. It's by Wilbert Blockhouse Smith and titled The New Science. Mr Smith being important to Canada in the 50's if you do some research and prominent in my present research into bio-electronics.
It can be read here. http://rexresearch.com/smith/newsci~1.htm

Off to read the link provided.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Stillwater

QuoteThere is new research on "consciousness" that shows that current scientific understandings and theories of consciousness may be flawed.

It is worth noting though that the past scientific perspective is a materialist paradigm, and the change in understanding referenced in the article is within the same materialist paradigm, so it isn't any kind of change of view at all.

It is akin to saying that I was once a Sunni Muslim, but that I converted to a different sect of Sunni-ism. The change of mind here is completely internal to the pre-existing belief. Put another way, it is like Catholic Cardinals arguing about whether taking wine and taking wafer are identical forms of communion. Neither of the Cardinals is talking about becoming a Buddhist- it is a matter completely internal to Catholic dogmas, and the answer will be a Catholic one regardless.

So not much changing here  :roll:
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Szaxx

It also could be the expectation of seeing the same word and it not appearing switches on the analytical thought process taking more time to complete the recognition.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Xanth

Quote from: Stillwater on November 12, 2015, 06:40:55
It is worth noting though that the past scientific perspective is a materialist paradigm, and the change in understanding referenced in the article is within the same materialist paradigm, so it isn't any kind of change of view at all.

It is akin to saying that I was once a Sunni Muslim, but that I converted to a different sect of Sunni-ism. The change of mind here is completely internal to the pre-existing belief. Put another way, it is like Catholic Cardinals arguing about whether taking wine and taking wafer are identical forms of communion. Neither of the Cardinals is talking about becoming a Buddhist- it is a matter completely internal to Catholic dogmas, and the answer will be a Catholic one regardless.

So not much changing here  :roll:
And that's always the point I'm trying to drive home regarding this stuff.
If you look at consciousness from the perspective of this physical reality, then you're never going to understand it.

Once you begin to see from the perspective that this physical reality isn't actually physical... and it's actually a byproduct of consciousness itself, then the puzzle pieces suddenly begin to fit together.

It's all a matter of perspective.

Lumaza

Marjorie Hines Woollacott was on Coast to Coast AM last night. She is a NeuroScience Professor that also meditates. It was an excellent interview. Here is link to her bio.
http://marjoriewoollacott.com/about/bio/

Her research on Human consciousness is funded by the National Institutes of Health and the National Science Foundation.

In her interview she spoke of the time the Dali Lama was invited to speak at a NeuroScience conference and that many of the researches were quite upset about it. The Dali Lama teamed up with Stanford University and funded a project there that launched a new research center studying how the brain deals with compassion and altruism.

If you wish to hear any interviews by Marjorie you can go to her website here to hear them. They are free. She has also written a book based on her observations: http://marjoriewoollacott.com/news-events/news/
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Bluefirephoenix

I didn't post the results here. I was doing some CE-5 work kinda based on Steven Greer's stuff. We got off talking in the CRV group on it and I decided to play with some things.  We were talking about influencing the past. Thats the first point. The second is that the object of CE-5 is to ask a non human entity who can make a physical appearance of some kind ( usually appears as a flying craft I'm not sure if they're " physical" or not) and wait with cameras handy. I started to mess with it and made some interesting contacts, had a channeling experience that was pretty wild and made some visual contact.

Well that's not the most exciting thing in the world. I like airshows as much as anyone but I want more  :evil:So I decided to try a retrospective remote influencing of the past. I ask for a sighting on Georges River road in Cape Breton on Google earth. Georges river is close to here and there have been a few sightings there. So I  figured why not. Work on it for a few days it takes a little while because you have to go frame by frame. The " craft" are usually really fast and only can be seen in a frame or two.

Well it worked. From about 530 Georges River road to 608 going south at about 25 degrees up from the horizon there is a very strange rectangular cloud that is not going the direction of the wind. .. there wasn't any wind that day. It was august and I actually remember seeing the Google car at the gas station in Bra d'or probably just before he went down that road. So I'm thinking that's my sighting. I posted it and the reaction was very satisfying.