3rd eye again...

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonburn33

a good way to prevent energy headaches is to develop the surrounding energy stuff around the third eye- these are the things that give you headaches (as far as i know).

this happens a lot to a lot of people- just keep at it and it'll get better.
as below, so above

jilola

I get the same trouble from my brow; crown as well for that matter.
I don't really know how to stop them acting up on me so I've just decided to accept it.
It can get amazingly annoying.

2cents & L&L
Jouni

Patrik

Moonburn33,

I don't get headaches because of the energy to the 3rd eye, I get a headache if I DON'T let it go to the 3rd eye...

In other words, I get the pressure, if I let it be and keep the pressure, everything is fine - no headache. If I on the other hand try to "remove" the pressure, THEN I get a headache...

jilola,

Perhaps you are right, usually I don't mind it that much, but at times it do get very annoying as you say. Do you know if it's good that the pressure is there? For example if it excersises the 3rd eye, so in fact it is beneficial? Or is it only annoying?

Thanks.

jilola

There are those who maintain that extremely actiave chakras can be harmful to some degree.

I have only experience weird sleep patterns, especially after meditation, and a tendency to space out. I think whatever extremely active chakras cause shouldn't been disruptive as long as you don't actively fight the symptoms and forcibly try to close the centers.

Sometimes physical stimulation of the active areas help to soften the sensation and in some cases stop them completely. Not always though.

On the other hand it may be a good thing. It gives you an excellent opportunity to learn how to manipulate the chakras - a skill that is useful in activating the other, less active ones.

2cents & L&L
Jouni

ralphm

I have also experienced intense pressures, haven't tried to make it go away, noticed it is less intense the less i meditate. But like you say 'focusing' does seem to bring it on.
In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

Louis

Does the pressure feels like someone pressing on your forehead with the eraser on a HB pencil? Because I sometimes have this feeling when I try to attain trance.
I also feel it a little when I get my awareness to that point, even when engaged in some sort of activity.

Patrik

Louis,

No, it feels more like someone is pressing down hard with a thumb in the middle of the forehead. It always occure in trance, and that's perfectly fine, it can even help me attain a deeper trance quicker at times. The reason I posted is that it now even activates when I am not in trance, like relaxing at the computer etc.

OverDriven

I have the same thing happen often. Move your awareness away from your third eye and it will usually dull the discomfort. I had an incident about 6 months ago happen during a period of constant telekenesis and AP practice. One day my crown chakra started to tingle, then almost hurt with the same kind of pressure you feel in your third eye. At times I could feel a pulsing energy going around my head in circles about once every few seconds. It lasted for several days and finally died down. It was definatly uncomfortable and I hope that never happens again.

-Joe

innerpilot

The topic of "third eye" pressure comes up often in seminars dealing with consciousness, OBE, psychic stuff etc. It seems to be a signal that the "ajna chakra" is opening and there is an opportunity for psychic development, especially clairvoyancy. Many teachers from the Eastern disciplines teach techniques on how to open and develop the third eye. Buddha often talked of this, and Christ said to "Make thine eyes single, and thy whole body shall be full of light." It used to happen to me alot when I was younger, and man, that pressure can get so big it can become all consuming. I must admit there were times when I drank alcohol to get away from it. Back then I didn't know what was going on with me. Until I learned to meditate and teachers helped me channel that energy. The pressure doesn't occur anymore and I am able to use that chakra for many things and I am very grateful for the training and over thirty years of discipline working with it. Som very interesting information was passed on to us this past weekend, at the Science of Self Club's Symposium on Consciousness held at the University of Florida, the physicist and parapsychologists reported that scientists have discovered that the Pineal Gland, the brain's corollary to the third eye, is indeed made up of optical cells just as the eyes of the face. They are trying to figure out how light is attracted there and how it is emitted from there and just what is its purpose.

Patrik

I don't consider this a problem in say, but sometimes it gets a little annoying. As I explained in another post earlier, my 3rd eye always activates when I am in trance - feeling a mild to intense pressure (and lately on occasion strong pulsation). But lately it seem to want to activate itself even when I am not in trance. This only happens when I am relaxed, like sitting at the computer, watching TV etc. I get a mild to intense pressure, depending on the occasion. I guess it's good that it is active, but sometimes it gets annoying. I "can" make it stop by somehow focusing the brain in a different way, but this usually causes a headache after a while, and it's not comfortable...

I guess I just want to hear if anyone else experiences this? I guess it's all good if it excersises the 3rd eye more, but sometimes it just gets annoying...

Suggestions ?