AP's dreaming out of body?

Previous topic - Next topic

twilighter

I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask this on, but since having experienced several successful AP's, I am 100% convinced that I left my physical body. I felt myself lift out or up, could feel my carpet under my feet, all very real etc..
Still, there are usually details in my bedroom that don't completely match up. While it's almost always an amazing experience, things are often so surreal, I have to ask, is it all something I am conjuring up in my own mind, or is it real? It's often said that our state of mind will effect our experiences, so when we leave our bodies, are we simply going in a journey into our on minds, or is it more of a collective experience? Sorry, if this sounds like a crazy question, but I have been wondering about this for some time.

Bedeekin

You will receive many different replies as to WHAT is exactly happening.

But the large majority of active posters and practitioners here, myself included, are in agreement that the nonphysical is as real as this one. Whether you call it inner or outer it exists as part of this reality.. not separate.

So what you are experiencing is a real construct... but you ultimately interpret it in your own way... like you do this reality. We all agree on what we see but we all interpret the information differently... Our individual interpretation of this reality is more a case of Qualia and is quite subtle... whereas in the nonphysical sense, interpretation is more literal and radical.

You are seeing your room as it exists in the nonphysical... which is essentially information like this one but less constrained and is being decoded by your raw consciousness... not a pair of meat based eyes looking at a rock hard constrained reality.

Volgerle

Quote from: twilighter on January 05, 2013, 16:22:38is it all something I am conjuring up in my own mind, or is it real?
every 'thing' in your mind is real

twilighter

Quote from: Bedeekin on January 05, 2013, 16:35:24
You will receive many different replies as to WHAT is exactly happening.

But the large majority of active posters and practitioners here, myself included, are in agreement that the nonphysical is as real as this one. Whether you call it inner or outer it exists as part of this reality.. not separate.

So what you are experiencing is a real construct... but you ultimately interpret it in your own way... like you do this reality. We all agree on what we see but we all interpret the information differently... Our individual interpretation of this reality is more a case of Qualia and is quite subtle... whereas in the nonphysical sense, interpretation is more literal and radical.

You are seeing your room as it exists in the nonphysical... which is essentially information like this one but less constrained and is being decoded by your raw consciousness... not a pair of meat based eyes looking at a rock hard constrained reality.
Interesting, thanks very much for your input.

twilighter

Quote from: Volgerle on January 05, 2013, 16:42:28
every 'thing' in your mind is real
Touche! I guess what I am also wondering is, if two people took an AP journey together, would they share the same memories and experiences?

majour ka

Szaxx

Take a step back and ponder for a moment.
Assume the 'you' is a speck of conciousness, an orb of energy or similar. Look at the physical existance as a lesson that you have to learn, like leaving home and going to college.
If this reality is the only thing there is then why do we dream?
Why are so many people seeing loved ones after their demise?
Ghosts caught on a surveillance camera...

Look at things from a wider perspective.
We dream as a reconnection to our true existance.
We see loved ones as a reassurance and their continuance after physical life has expired.
Ghosts well this speaks for itself.

The physical is only a tiny part of everything.
It's almost insignificant compared to whats real.
Like a grain of sand on a beach. Its part of everything.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Lionheart

Quote from: Szaxx on January 06, 2013, 17:26:38
This quote in itself speaks volumes.

In order for us to understand any of what is happening, we have to open ourselves up to it 100% first, without reservation without scrutiny.

ALLOW yourself to experience it fully first. There will be plenty of time for questions later.  :wink:

twilighter

Quote from: Szaxx on January 06, 2013, 17:26:38
Take a step back and ponder for a moment.
Assume the 'you' is a speck of conciousness, an orb of energy or similar. Look at the physical existance as a lesson that you have to learn, like leaving home and going to college.
If this reality is the only thing there is then why do we dream?
Why are so many people seeing loved ones after their demise?
Ghosts caught on a surveillance camera...

We dream as a reconnection to our true existance.
We see loved ones as a reassurance and their continuance after physical life has expired.
Ghosts well this speaks for itself.Thanks Szaxx, I really like what you said, and how you worded it. It's what I would like to believe. So it's good to hear it from others.

The physical is only a tiny part of everything.
It's almost insignificant compared to whats real.
Like a grain of sand on a beach. Its part of everything.

Thanks Szaxx I love the way you worded that. It's also something I truly would like to believe, so I was happy to hear you say that.

twilighter

Quote from: Lionheart on January 06, 2013, 17:48:16
This quote in itself speaks volumes.

In order for us to understand any of what is happening, we have to open ourselves up to it 100% first, without reservation without scrutiny.

ALLOW yourself to experience it fully first. There will be plenty of time for questions later.  :wink:
Good advice Thank you  :wink:

Volgerle

Quote from: twilighter on January 05, 2013, 16:54:41
Touche! I guess what I am also wondering is, if two people took an AP journey together, would they share the same memories and experiences?
there are reports that this has been already undertaken, yes. the TMI has reports on "partnered explorations", Tom Campbell tells about it too, some examples of this type of 'validations' can be found in my validations collection (see my signature for this)

twilighter

Quote from: Volgerle on January 07, 2013, 15:32:10
there are reports that this has been already undertaken, yes. the TMI has reports on "partnered explorations", Tom Campbell tells about it too, some examples of this type of 'validations' can be found in my validations collection (see my signature for this)
Thanks very much! I will check it out.