Have you ever heard of a tulpa?

Previous topic - Next topic

zorgblar

I heard a tulpa is a being made up of energy from somone's mind that tibetan monks can make become real by concentration alone.Does anybody know anything else about tulpas?

zorgblar

If it turns out that no one else knows anything more about this i guess i could always type in the word tulpa into a search engine and see what comes up. :|

LittleJoe

I do. The Tulpa is another word for thought, or an arguably improved version.

Thoughtforms are a rather large subject, so what do you want to know?

zorgblar

Quote from: LittleJoe on February 26, 2008, 16:45:51
I do. The Tulpa is another word for thought, or an arguably improved version.

Thoughtforms are a rather large subject, so what do you want to know?

Yeah your right i have been searching on the internet and found out thoughtform was the more modern name for tulpa.And what i want to know is do you know of any good websites that say if anybody has ever made a tulpa and what it was like for them?Because i heard that tulpas can be made to do certain tasks like clean up your house among other things but it's also possible for them to turn evil and turn on their makers and i want to know if this is true before i try this out myself.

catmeow

It's a common idea in "occultism", that astral thought forms can be constructed, energised, and instructed to perform tasks.  I seem to remember authors like J. H. Brennan and Ophiel talking about this sort of thing, also the old theosophists such as C W Leadbeater used to talk about this too.  You'll have to make up your own mind whether this is true or not, and whether you believe these thought forms can interact with the physical plane.  But the idea is well known. 

It is folk lore (perhaps apocryphal) that Charles Dickens used to be occasionally (mildly) annoyed by thought forms of characters from his own books, which took on a kind of life of their own and used to wander around his house.  As the theory goes, thought is form, so a very imaginative author who can clearly visualise the characters in his stories, actually creates "real" entities in the astral which others can "see" if they have the necessary sensitivity.  As I say, you need to make your own mind up about this, but it's a well known idea.  Just like our own "Astral Pulse island" is a creation of the members on this board.
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

zorgblar

Quote from: catmeow on February 26, 2008, 18:22:21
It's a common idea in "occultism", that astral thought forms can be constructed, energised, and instructed to perform tasks.  I seem to remember authors like J. H. Brennan and Ophiel talking about this sort of thing, also the old theosophists such as C W Leadbeater used to talk about this too.  You'll have to make up your own mind whether this is true or not, and whether you believe these thought forms can interact with the physical plane.  But the idea is well known. 

It is folk lore (perhaps apocryphal) that Charles Dickens used to be occasionally (mildly) annoyed by thought forms of characters from his own books, which took on a kind of life of their own and used to wander around his house.  As the theory goes, thought is form, so a very imaginative author who can clearly visualise the characters in his stories, actually creates "real" entities in the astral which others can "see" if they have the necessary sensitivity.  As I say, you need to make your own mind up about this, but it's a well known idea.  Just like our own "Astral Pulse island" is a creation of the members on this board.

Ok i guess i am just going to have to research this more and then if it looks safe i guess i will try to make a tulpa while out of body. :|

CFTraveler

A few things:  Hi Zorg- a tulpa is a collectively formed thoughtform.  If you go out into the astral to 'create and program a thoughtform' you are creating a servitor or energy construct.
A Tulpa is what you get when you have a group of people together with similar beliefs.  Like the Tibetan Monk example, the Tulpa would be created by the institution.
So technically to create a tulpa you'd have to join a group and your belief or collective intent would then create the tulpa and program it.
API is a tulpa because everyone who sees the pic is collectively creating it.  Theoretically.  Some would say it's a landscape in the astral plane.

zorgblar

Quote from: CFTraveler on February 26, 2008, 20:51:37
A few things:  Hi Zorg- a tulpa is a collectively formed thoughtform.  If you go out into the astral to 'create and program a thoughtform' you are creating a servitor or energy construct.
A Tulpa is what you get when you have a group of people together with similar beliefs.  Like the Tibetan Monk example, the Tulpa would be created by the institution.
So technically to create a tulpa you'd have to join a group and your belief or collective intent would then create the tulpa and program it.
API is a tulpa because everyone who sees the pic is collectively creating it.  Theoretically.  Some would say it's a landscape in the astral plane.

I read that a woman named dion fortune was able to create a tulpa by giving herself self suggestions while being in between falling asleep and being awake.I guess that might work if i tryed it. :|

Stookie

Dion Fortune was a man. You need to stop reading and start experiencing. The more you read this stuff, the further it's going to take you from the reality of experience. This isn't magic, fairytale, mystical, levitating Tibetan, urban-legend, kill-you-with-my-mind, ectoplasm stuff. It's REAL.

I only say this because you have asked some of the most unanswerable, never-need-to-worry-about kind of things. Most people here just want to have an astral projection. It sounds like you want to do super-hero psychic stuff that is well beyond most peoples' experience, if real at all.

interception

Quote from: Stookie on February 27, 2008, 12:15:48
... kill-you-with-my-mind, ectoplasm stuff. ...

LOL. Sorry, that was funny.

zorgblar

Dion Fortune was a man.

It sounds like you want to do super-hero psychic stuff that is well beyond most peoples' experience, if real at all.

Sorry from what i read i thought dion fortune was a woman.I guess i was wrong.

What's wrong wiith doing super-hero psychic stuff?That would cool if even only alittel bit of it works. :wink:

zorgblar

Dion Fortune was a man. You need to stop reading and start experiencing. The more you read this stuff, the further it's going to take you from the reality of experience. This isn't magic, fairytale, mystical, levitating Tibetan, urban-legend, kill-you-with-my-mind, ectoplasm stuff. It's REAL.

I only say this because you have asked some of the most unanswerable, never-need-to-worry-about kind of things. Most people here just want to have an astral projection. It sounds like you want to do super-hero psychic stuff that is well beyond most peoples' experience, if real at all.

It actually all of the "mystical" parts of astral projection that i enjoy the most.That's why some of my posts are so weird. :-)

Stookie

But "mystical" is not reality. That's a cartoon, anime, fictionalized account of AP. AP is not a joke or a fairy tale. For many of us it's as real as our daily life, and talking about it like it's a sci-fi movie or video game makes it sound like we're making this stuff up or living in a dream. I love helping others learn how to do it, but if it's just a passing interest or fantasy, you're not going to get far.

I understand that if you haven't experienced it all you can do is imagine what it's like, but don't get your imagination mixed up what really happens. Books and internet sites have a way of making it more "mystical" than it really is. I've experienced realities that make the physical world seem like passing fantasy - it's not mystical, it's REAL! It can't be explained, only experienced. Don't dream about it - EXPERIENCE IT!!! Make it a reality instead of talking about mystical fantasy.

Please don't think I'm being critical - my intention is to motivate! Everyone can do it! Experience a greater part of your world!

zorgblar

Quote from: Stookie on February 27, 2008, 15:16:49
But "mystical" is not reality. That's a cartoon, anime, fictionalized account of AP. AP is not a joke or a fairy tale. For many of us it's as real as our daily life, and talking about it like it's a sci-fi movie or video game makes it sound like we're making this stuff up or living in a dream. I love helping others learn how to do it, but if it's just a passing interest or fantasy, you're not going to get far.

I understand that if you haven't experienced it all you can do is imagine what it's like, but don't get your imagination mixed up what really happens. Books and internet sites have a way of making it more "mystical" than it really is. I've experienced realities that make the physical world seem like passing fantasy - it's not mystical, it's REAL! It can't be explained, only experienced. Don't dream about it - EXPERIENCE IT!!! Make it a reality instead of talking about mystical fantasy.

Please don't think I'm being critical - my intention is to motivate! Everyone can do it! Experience a greater part of your world!

Ok thanks for the advice. :-)