Why do we forget?

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyHollow

So I've wondered about why we forget dreams, but what about the other way around - Why do we forget the state of our physical reality?

Sometimes I'll wake up and can't remember where the heck I am until I look around and it all comes back to me. Ah yes, I live here, and I've been sleeping here most nights for the last few years. Or I won't have a clue what day of the week it is or how long I've been asleep, until in a moment I realize I had only taken a 30 min nap or so in the middle of the day.

Or like a couple days ago I become alert in an OBE and kind of thrashed around on my bed feeling REALLY groggy, found the edge of my mattress to make sure I knew where I was, propped myself up, and looked up at the TV i left on, that had some idiot on a news station. I don't remember what came next, but when I physically woke I was actually on the floor where I had laid down, the TV wasn't on, I was nowhere near my bed, and it looked nothing like the TV setup in my dream. I forgot virtually everything except that I had been listening to someone while lying down, but it was a Tom Campbell talk on my computer, which I switched off before falling asleep.

Why would I forget all that? It's interesting to think about what that means. Maybe we get so separated from our physical body that we lose our connection to there where so many memories are physically stored exclusively? That sure is bad data management, no backups, unless there either is a backup somewhere or it's best to lose most of it on death.
NotDreams - My Astral Projection Blog
https://www.notdreams.com

Lumaza

Quote from: SleepyHollow on February 03, 2016, 06:17:28
So I've wondered about why we forget dreams, but what about the other way around - Why do we forget the state of our physical reality?
We forget because if we didn't most of us would be able to function normally the next day. I can attest that sometimes I have a problem separating all of the realities, physical and otherwise. This is because I "do" remember many of my experiences and have seen that we really do live parallel lives. Sometimes I still have to question some of my "memories" of my physical exist here.

Not everyone is ready for that kind of revelation or mindset yet. It's not a knock on them and I am not saying I am any better than anyone else. All I am stating is that at this time in their existence, that they have chosen to see and do things different then I and many others here and elsewhere have.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Xanth