Monroe method

Previous topic - Next topic

eeb

Having read a lot about it but never practiced OBE-ing in a structured manner, I picked up the practice. Until now I never had a (conscious) OBE, but I am convinced of the reality and possibility and decided to give it a fair try. Until now I only have been reading a lot, lurking on this forum, but never practiced in a structured manner.

I was reading here again today and was thinking that if the people here on the forum have got it, I can do it to, if I am only dedicated enough.

Since last week I do a short physical workout on the attic in my house, each day I come home after my work. After having lasted that for a week, I thought I have showed already enough discipline to start today with adding my OBE practice (according to Monroe's first book).

I will keep you updated about my progress.
Consistent desire and intent are the key to change

jub jub

Good luck. I have yet to consciously OBIE. I understand it's pretty difficult. Keep us posted of your progress.
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

Leilah

I think a lot of people lack self-discipline (including myself) and to be able to go through with this should be a great achievment. I wish you the best of luck!
Leaning over
Crawling up
Stumbling all around
Losing my place
Only to find I've come full circle.

knightlight

Trust me when I say if I can do it u can.  It is hard.  SO hard in fact that most people think its impossible.  However, the first time you experience it from exit to return, fully conscious, you will be so proud of yourself and so awestruck that you will never look at your life or anything for that matter in the same way.  Hope you are prepared to have your mind blown.  Good luck.
Profound Impatience makes the blind struggle in Stupidity.

The Present Moment

Every night we go to sleep, and most of us (not including insomniacs) don't think of it as work. When we practice AP, we are basically 'sleeping skillfully.' This sort of relaxed and patient attitude has helped me maintain a regular practice for almost a year now. YMMV. Good luck!  :grin:

eeb

Wow, great feedback, I didn't expect so much, thanks for the stimuli!

I set my mind not to be in a hurry and explore all the way to consciousness outside my body. This prevents me from getting frustrated... And ofcourse it's fun exploring!

What I do is keeping an image/situation in mind and relaxing at the same time. When my mind wanders I bring it (gently) back to what I was focussing on.  

I now reach the moment where in the image/situation where I focus on things start to happen that I didn't purposely/consciously imagine. This is super funny/interesting! It becomes from this point more or less a 2 way interaction.

After I come to this point I concentrate on the darkness behind my eyelids, now sufficiently relaxed.

Well, sofar I got till now, keep ya updated!
Consistent desire and intent are the key to change