Deep physical relaxation??

Previous topic - Next topic

Mozia

Hi

Well on Adrian's request, here's my experience with your technique Frank.  Ok first off I want to say that I tried this technique 'cause I feel really comfortable with it and it's much easier to do next to my wife in bed than to explain to her why I'm doing the tensing and relaxing of my muscles when she notices it, since she's totally against the whole idea of AP as I've mentioned in other posts.  This is also almost how I started out to try and project that first 2 or three times right at the beginning.  Previously I had really good results with just lying in my bed waiting for my body to fall asleep, got the vibrations, feel very light etc.

Ok last night,  I layed on my back with arms next to me and hands on my legs.  Relaxed my body completely and after only a few minutes I felt pretty heavy, then I tried to roll my eyes back and shift awareness to my forehead.  the first two times I was forced to start again due to the fact that I started to snore (BTW I apparently snore quite heavily during sleep) so the 3rd time I made sure all my throat muscles were relaxed and started to snore softly before I tried again -just for explanation, I don't force myself to snore, but if I relax all facial muscles and throat muscles it starts automatically).  I then tried to move my awareness again and this time like other times before I get a really strange feeling over my body and it's extremely active or noticable in the part of my head obove my eye brows.  During this period I'll sometimes hear sounds and see different images, but with no definate form This continues for a few moments (I can't really explain this feeling) and then suddenly it'll feel as if I'm in space (or rather how I think it'll feel in space) I don't feel any of my body then or it kind of feels more like my whole body's changed into a cool liquid or something like that and If there's nothing around me for miles, but I can't really see anything.  This is very pleasant actually and I think I'd be quite content just experiencing that for hours, but it doesn't last very long.  Usually after only a little while I'll hear a very load bang, like someone hitting a log of wood on a table last night It sounded like someone shouted out something really loud as if right next to my ear.  And that's just how far I came After this happens I flick back to full consiousness and open my eyes, since my body is still asleep I'll just lie a second or two and then sit right up in bed.  I'm fully awake then and I feel really energized (If you understand what I mean - kinda like just after you got out of a cold shower on a hot day).  I usually get up at this stage since I definately can't go back to sleep then, I'm much to awake and feel as if I have enough energy to go through the whole day after the hour or so I just went through.

I think I should not try to go back to sleep after one of these sessions one day and see how, it goes.
Well that's about as accurate as I can put it down on paper.  I'll try again tonight.

Cheers!
Mozia

Dragon

quote:
You know when you are doing it right, because there will come an instant when suddenly you thought you heard something; or maybe you thought you detected some kind of shadow or movement. At which point the eyes will try to look. Which will have the effect of immediately halting the process. So you will have to start again. This may happen quite a number of times at first, but at least you will know you are on the right track!

Greetings to All.

I have been researching as much as possible on OBE's over the last six months with no results of any kind...

I've read everything there is to read and I am one of those poor souls, who arm themselves with 65 techniques before I goto bed.

I fear that I have drowned my brain with knowledge and it just isn't practical... I have been drawn close to calling it quits, and forever giving up on what I can honestly say is one of the most important aspects of my life.

I stumbled on this BBS accidently and found this post, Im interested in what you have had to say FRANK and I am going to give your method a shot.

Could you clear something up for me before I fail miserabley?

Once the imagery appears or the sounds begin to distract me. Do I?
A) ignore them and continue
B) pay attention to them?

Paying attention to them usually leads me to fall asleep or slip into a dream.  But you say that you were focusing your attention on the wolf's face when it had appeared.. what am I doing wrong?

I can roll my eyes, I have no great visulization skills. All I know is that I will accept what will be presented to me, should a higher power grant me that gift.

Good luck to every one out there, trying to do this without a real clue..

Reading alot about this thing doesn't realy help in my case, I bet im not the only one.

"Meet me on the echo side" - Dragon

bitsmart

Ha, no, you're definitely not the only one. I'm beginning to suspect that my troubles may be related to a 'technique syndrome' as well. I'm now trying Frank's method, and I will report results when I get some (Frank said it may take a week or two.) Perhaps then I shall get my coveted first conscious projection.

First off, Dragon, you say 'before I fail miserably' and you're already setting yourself up for defeat. Robert said one of the most powerful resources you have for projection is the belief that you can do it. Don't doubt yourself, you've projected many times before; just not consciously and you haven't remembered them.

You should probably ignore any visuals/sounds, as they tend to distract you from your goal. This state of 'letting' everything happen is tricky to learn at first but it can be learned easily. It didn't take me long to do so.

Don't worry about your visualization skill right now, believe you can do this, and relax. I know the frustration you're feeling. I felt it too, but now I'm telling myself that it will happen when it's supposed to happen. Everything, big and small, follows the divine plan. Just patiently test-drive Franks method, as I'm doing, because it sounds simple and straightforward.

Best of luck,
bitsmart

bitsmart -
information illumination -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -

Frank

You need no-one to grant you the gift, as you call it. You just need to work on it some more. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not calling you lazy or anything like that. (It's so darned easy to get misunderstood in these places!).

I'm getting to think that there must be SO many people in the same boat as yourself. But I always say that if I can do it, then anyone can. When I first started, I was a complete and utter non-believer in any kind of God, or religion, or any kind of mystical stuff of any kind. I haven't got a psychic bone in my body. I wouldn't know a Chakra from a hole in the ground (or at least, I think until this morning. The experience of which I'll reserve for a new thread). I had neither had a "hunch" of any kind, nor any "instinct" for anything in particular.

I think the only aspect of myself that I feel has helped is the fact that I eat sensibly, and my level of health and fitness is fairly good. I would think that feelings like indigestion, bloatedness, internal pains, and so forth, would go against having a naturally induced obe experience.

So don't give up. Trust me, being within the Astral is like nothing you could ever imagine. It's so flaming marvellous, and words can in no way grasp the magnitude of feeling of stepping within the Astral for the first time.

Yours,
Frank

DjMidgetMan

I tried the technique again last night.... I think I saw that "Stray Energy" again. At one point in the technique, I felt this odd shift in consciousness... It was like I came an inch out of my body... All my body awareness arose an inch off my body... Does that mean im making progress, or is that something else?

DjMidgetMan
  "Mind over Matter"

Adrian

Greetings DjMidgetMan

quote:

I tried the technique again last night.... I think I saw that "Stray Energy" again. At one point in the technique, I felt this odd shift in consciousness... It was like I came an inch out of my body... All my body awareness arose an inch off my body... Does that mean im making progress, or is that something else?

DjMidgetMan
  "Mind over Matter"

I would suggest you are making progress there - did you get the vibrations?

I have spent the last couple of days studying this, because I think Frank really has something significant here. Thus far I have found a couple of useful facts gleaned from various places:

1) Tibbetan and Buddhist monks spend alot of time focussing intently on their brow chakras. They say that this could drastically improve OBE capabilities, but their main objective is Kundalini enlightenment.

2) There is a modification to Frank's excellent method which could be well worth trying as follows:

When you go to bed, set your alarm for 6 hours after you would fall asleep. When the alarm goes off, get up and read, surf the net etc. for an hour, and then go back to bed focussing on your brow Chakra, while going back to sleep. One of two things could then happen - you either go into a lucid dream state, or awake with waking paralysis and/or vibrations, at which point you can leave your body - I would do it by visualisation - rising upwards. If you go into the lucid dream state, you can often will yourself to have an OBE, and the above will occur at that point.

3) Raising energy via NEW to your brow Chakra might work well with this method, before going to sleep, or focussing on the brow Chakra.

These have got to be well worth trying anyway.

I am posting a separate topic on this - but do people have theories on the difference between Lucid Dream and OBE?

With many thanks again to Frank for motivating me to do this research

Best regards to all,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Dragon

WOW! I am very impressed with the response from all you people. *CHEERS*

The last board I was on had a month between each post!

Well, as an update.  I tried the "FRANK" technique last night.
(Does it have a name?) and I found the results to be very strange.

I focused on my brow for around 5 mins, and for the length of that 5 mins I can't recall anything. I woke up 2-3 times during the night and I found that after waking, if I focused on that point again.
I fell asleep instantly.

And to top it off, ever since I got up this morning, I've had an unbelievable pain (almost a tightness) between my eyes.
Been awake now 7 hrs and it is just begining to fade.

I'd like to share somthing else with you also.  I'll post it in a different post, to make it easy.

Thanks again,

"He who walks in the light of dark, yet only the timeless see."
Dragon

Dragon

Me again,

Im sorry if big posts bother people, tell me if they do and I'll shut up 8)

*This is about the farthest I think I have ever gotten*
About one and a half years ago. (When I FIRST started OBE practise)
I was doing a technique to achieve trance, the "vibrations" came. and I knew it was them. I felt my heart pulse, it rose to (what I believed to be) an unbelievable speed. I really started to worry and started to panic quite badly.

At this point I woke after a very deep sinking feeling.

I'm not asking you what this was, or wether it was close. Because I believe I already know the answer.

I hadn't practised OBE for 2 years since then.

CHEERS

Frank

I've found something really significant!

Before I tell you about it, I'd like to say that on another post I was thanked by a member for motivating them to do research: Well, I too would like to say a big THANK YOU for motivating me to make the progress I made in just the past week alone. Interacting with this BBS has caused my meta-physical studies to take a much higher priority in my physical life and my progress has taken a giant leap.

Okay, I've said before about how I could never get my head around all the more mystical side of things. I hear all these terms, like, there was one to this thread which was "Path Work". Now I've heard about that somewhere but haven't got a clue what it means. Another term that I hear ever so often is "Chakra" which I could not for the life of me get my head around. To me it sounds like a brand of crisps. :)

That's another reason why I was attracted by Mr Bruce's work. Because he basically felt the same way and attempted to create more modern-day terms that described his experiences.

The past few days, I have been trying to slow down the projection process and try and feel each stage, step by step. The problem I have found, is thinking about what is happening puts a BIG spoke in the works. An important prerequisite is to rid your mind of stray thoughts. Well, the body sees the thoughts that are monitoring what is going on as the equivalent to stray thoughts.

So what I did was, allow a little of the projection process to begin and then I'd think, right stop there, note this down, then I'd start again letting it go a little more, then stop and make note, etc. In doing so I have made several discoveries about myself. For example, normally at the onset of vibrations I'd just let them happen then whoosh... off I'd go and land in the Astral somewhere. But I discovered that the vibrations actually begin as an ever so tiny tingle in my fingertips and travel up my arms. Whereas, before, I could have sworn they just "begin". As to where they came from, or the direction they were travelling in, I just wouldn't have a clue.

However, I made one big discovery about the relaxation process that I'm going to talk about on another thread. In a previous post to this thread I said about how you lie back and simply relax. However, I discovered, while that is what I feel I'm doing, when I came to break down the process, step by step, and take things one bit at a time: I realised there is a process that occurs, but it normally happens so smoothly and so quickly I never knew about it. In other words, the "relaxation process" for me, had become a habit.

Physical relaxation is a very necessary part of the process. But what I found was you can "relax" in a certain "way" and it has the effect of channeling energy up through your body to the extent where it appears to *automatically* trigger the vibrations.  

More later on a new thread.

Yours,
Frank

"See it big, and keep it simple"
Wilferd Peterson

DjMidgetMan

After many obe attempts, Im feeling like im doing nothing wrong. The only thing that MIGHT be the problem is deep physical relaxation. How do I knnow if my body is deeply relaxed??

DjMidgetMan
  "Mind over Matter"