Does "waking duration" affect the type of experience?

Previous topic - Next topic

obe4life

I use the "wake-back to bed" method to achieve both lucid dreams and OBEs. I noticed that some times I had LDs and other times I experience OBEs, but the main factor which seemed to control the "type" of the experience remained unknown to me. Then I experiment with the "waking period" before going back to bed several times. I noticed that, the shorter my waking time (10-20 mins) the more the experience is going to be a LD, while the longer it is (30-60 mins) the more it would be an OBE. Can anybody confirm that?
Thanks in advance :)

Xanth

Quote from: obe4life on May 26, 2016, 10:04:36
I use the "wake-back to bed" method to achieve both lucid dreams and OBEs. I noticed that some times I had LDs and other times I experience OBEs, but the main factor which seemed to control the "type" of the experience remained unknown to me. Then I experiment with the "waking period" before going back to bed several times. I noticed that, the shorter my waking time (10-20 mins) the more the experience is going to be a LD, while the longer it is (30-60 mins) the more it would be an OBE. Can anybody confirm that?
Thanks in advance :)
I'm curious as to how you are defining the difference between what you're calling a "LD" and what you're calling an "OBE"?

obe4life

For some reason I "know" exactly whether I am experiencing a lucid dream or an OBE. I kind of feel it. But commonly, when I lucid dream the following occurs:
1-No vibrations (minimal or not present at all).
2-Almost no paralysis.
3-I feel separated from my body but when I roll to the lift side to exit I fall from bed and hit the floor hard. To float upward or fly or penetrate things, I have to focus very hard.
4-I seem very (physical). I have solid hands, arms, legs and definite form.
5-As I mentioned before, I get that peculiar feeling of "it's a lucid dream not an OBE".
In an OBE the following occurs:
1-Vibrations, sounds and sometimes voices.
2-When I roll over to the side I automatically float, and I keep hovering during the rest of the experience. I even might have great difficulty touching the floor.
3-I realize I have no specific form or body, but when I stare at my arms I see them but still can't see the rest of my body.
Overall conclusion:
OBE feels very "classy-higher-spiritual" while LD feels more "playful-joyful". After all, that's my very personal take on the subject.

ThaomasOfGrey

It is interesting to tie an experience type to sleep duration. I find that I become increasingly aware as the sleep goes on. What I would consider a lucid dream or OBE sounds quite different to what you describe so I suppose it is quite subjective.

Usually in the early portion of sleep I experience dreams of a first person nature which are extremely real but I am unaware that I am in a foreign reality. Towards the end of the sleep I start to become aware that I am having an abnormal experience and that recognition turns it into an OBE. It is just a difference in awareness level initially; I think what you are describing are yet more varying levels of awareness but also most likely a matter of timing with the context of what you remember from the experienece.