Things I never knew before..

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless

I never knew any one in their right mind would 'want' to experience sleep paralysis.

I never knew sleep paralysis was considered a doorway into the non-physical.

I had never heard of the vibrations.

I had never heard of astral projection.

I thought the days of people being afraid of telepathy (esp) were long behind us.

I had never heard of mind-split OOBE.

I had never heard of soul rescue or light beings. Which I think is a noble goal.

Guess I didn't spend much time thinking about this stuff till recently. My non-physical night life has always been extremely active. But I have only been aware during sleep paralysis a couple of times. It's a very unpleasant feeling and I don't know why anyone would want to achieve it beyond proving to themselves it's real and they can do it. I generally just wake up in the non-physical while my body lies sleeping or doing whatever bodies do when the mistress is away. Sometimes that involves walking in my sleep and doing other things while my 'mind' is off doing other interesting things. Mind-split OOBE, who knew they'd give that a name.

But those vibrations, now that is a different story altogether. Now those buggers I never experienced till about 3 months ago and that's kind of how I wound up here. One thing I've noticed, for me at least, is that I kind of enjoy those little spurts of energy. Just had an awesome long one night before last and was able to keep it going. But now hears what I think about those. I never had them till recently like I stated above but then again I never needed them either. Traveling out there has not been a problem for me. What has been a problem is 'not' traveling out there so I as I've stated elsewhere I just shut myself down.

Forgive me for wanting to laugh I just find it hysterical that I have spent so much time learning how 'not to' do all this stuff only to find people trying to 'to do' this stuff. Now back to what I think about those vibrations. I think they were designed to wake my a-- up and turn me back on (so to speak). Trying to get my attention. And this leads me to wonder if the purpose for everyone else is a wake-up call as well. I say that because after doing a lot of reading it seems this is kind of a new thing happening. Not entirely new but new as in taking hold and becoming more common.

I'll leave off for now and tackle telepathy and soul rescue another time OR in replies if there are any to this.

I'd love to know what any of you think about this or have to add. Feel free to ramble or whatever you want.

Hugs

Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Volgerle

Quote from: Nameless on August 26, 2016, 15:56:56Forgive me for wanting to laugh I just find it hysterical that I have spent so much time learning how 'not to' do all this stuff only to find people trying to 'to do' this stuff.
I hear you. This is what is making me laugh to this very day too. All the fear related issues to SP and all that. People being told to avoid it and we - the crazy ones on here - are even seeking it. You can get strange looks. But you can use it to wake people up. I love it.  :-D

Phildan1

I think I never had SP in my entire life and I learnt how to do it on my own lol - but just for fun.
Visit my blog site: http://daily-spirit.com

Xanth

Some of those things I wish nobody "knew" still... as they do nothing but confuse people further about an already confusing subject.

Nameless

Haha, Volgerle, we're all crazy it seems.
Phildan1 it must be more fun that way. ;)
Xanth you continue to crack me up and inspire me with your point blank insight. :-)
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

RobertForsythe

Quote from: Nameless on August 26, 2016, 15:56:56
I never knew any one in their right mind would 'want' to experience sleep paralysis.

Me neither. In fact no one really would if they actually knew what it was. It is a highly undesirable sleep disorder.

I have a list of things I see people repeating over and over again on these Astral projection forums and whenever I see someone recommending them I put a check mark in their "this person doesn't know what he is talking about" box.

The Robert Monroe description was "mind awake, body asleep" and that made perfectly good sense. Why anyone would want to mess that up with "sleep paralysis" is a mystery.

https://www.verywell.com/what-is-sleep-paralysis-3014777

I had hundreds of full conscious projections before I experienced anything close to sleep paralysis.
The vibrations are another thing that is not at all necessary, though I did pass through them a lot in the early days when I first began attempting full conscious projection with conscious intent.

Like you, I previously had mostly Lucid Dreams and also would occasionally just "wake up" outside my body. I didn't even know what astral projection was and really didn't care. For decades I practiced a serious regimen of Spiritual Exercises and a couple times a year the pressure built up and I had to 'shed a little skin' as I grew. Virtually every one of those spontaneous projections involved astounding visions and revelations of a sort that few people can even imagine.

When I began to learn how to project more "at will" the inner drama settled down considerably and I learned a LOT about my psyche and spiritual unfoldment. Access to the really High Spiritual Realms must be earned. By the third day in a row of ego motivated intent to project the experiences dwindled into ridiculously limited and mundane scenarios.

Most people do not know how to astral project. Of those who do, most use it for truly uninspired purposes. Like buying a brand new Mercedes Benz and taking it directly to a demolition derby.

Nameless

Quote from: RobertForsythe on August 26, 2016, 18:33:36
Virtually every one of those spontaneous projections involved astounding visions and revelations of a sort that few people can even imagine.

When I began to learn how to project more "at will" the inner drama settled down considerably and I learned a LOT about my psyche and spiritual unfoldment. Access to the really High Spiritual Realms must be earned. By the third day in a row of ego motivated intent to project the experiences dwindled into ridiculously limited and mundane scenarios.

That has definitely been my experience as well. It appears the quality is very different between spontaneous and forced projections.

QuoteMost people do not know how to astral project. Of those who do, most use it for truly uninspired purposes. Like buying a brand new Mercedes Benz and taking it directly to a demolition derby.

I could be wrong but I think everyone does project and I think it actually is supposed to be a subconscious or unconscious thing. It just so happens that sometimes people 'wake up' during a projection so of course we want to know more and that may be the point. It's not something we have to know how to do, it's just something we do when we aren't looking.

And yes the silliness can be a bit exasperating but play seems to work for kids and kids are the best projectors among us so...

If only I knew now what I knew then.

Xanth

Quote from: RobertForsythe on August 26, 2016, 18:33:36
Me neither. In fact no one really would if they actually knew what it was. It is a highly undesirable sleep disorder.
If I can get Bedeekin to come back and post a bit more about his experiences with Sleep Paralysis...
He used it as a leap-board to projection for the last, oh, I believe 20 or 30 years.

His method for doing it is posted on the board somewhere.

RobertForsythe

Quote from: Xanth on August 27, 2016, 02:05:11
If I can get Bedeekin to come back and post a bit more about his experiences with Sleep Paralysis...
He used it as a leap-board to projection for the last, oh, I believe 20 or 30 years.

His method for doing it is posted on the board somewhere.

Confusing the sleep disorder known as "sleep paralysis" with entering the "mind awake, body asleep" condition does not change anything regardless of how frequently that particular mistake is made.

Xanth

Quote from: RobertForsythe on August 27, 2016, 02:18:19
Confusing the sleep disorder known as "sleep paralysis" with entering the "mind awake, body asleep" condition does not change anything regardless of how frequently that particular mistake is made.
Oh, I'm not talking about MA/BA.  I'm referring specifically to "sleep paralysis".

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/everything_you_could_ever_want_to_know_about_sleep_paralysis-t38734.0.html

^ That's a sticky in this very subforum at the top, done by Bedeekin. 

astralm

Positive3

Actually i am just interested where do people like Lionheart and bedekin and others went ? like not my business but they posted some interesting stuff

Phildan1

Quote from: Positive3 on August 27, 2016, 08:50:20
Actually i am just interested where do people like Lionheart and bedekin and others went ? like not my business but they posted some interesting stuff

Lionheart as Lumaza is still here but seems like he is busy.
Visit my blog site: http://daily-spirit.com

Nameless

Quote from: Positive3 on August 27, 2016, 08:50:20

Yes they did and I've learned a lot from those older posts.

Xanth

Quote from: Phildan1 on August 27, 2016, 08:53:29
Lionheart as Lumaza is still here but seems like he is busy.
Yup, Lionheart is still around as Lumaza.  Had a small name change is all.  He's still the fountain of knowledge he always was.  :)