Racing thoughts? Not a bad thing! Here's a trick.

Previous topic - Next topic

AstralCody

Here's a little something I found out with me that helps tremendously with getting into sleep paralysis. It is very difficult for me to quiet the mind. I do that too... But I found something and it almost gets me into paralysis everytime. For anybody who sees the word paralysis and gets worried, you are not actually paralyzed. I would highly recommend reading Bedeekins sticky in this part of the forum regarding sleep paralysis and what it actually is.

I find that when I have racing thoughts in my head and I am very tired I go into a paralysis state almost everytime. I let the thoughts come to me while at the same time in the back of my head have a strong will to astral project. I don't know if I have attracted the paralysis feeling to me by experiencing it more or what but this technique I do helps me almost everytime. I have been experiencing paralysis almost every other night now and in the mornings as well.

1. Lay down, and get rid of all negative thoughts and fear. Stretch your muscles and simply relax. Close your eyes and take in a few deep breaths and imagine breathing in pure energy that fills your body with white protective light.

2. Let the thoughts begin, but also tell yourself to NOT fall asleep. Keep this idea in the back of your head as you observe your thoughts racing in your head. After a while I will hear voices, see vivid images in my head, and usually my third eye chakra activates as well. Move around if you need to. If you lose blood circulation in your body by staying still you are doing it wrong. The trick here is to divert your awareness away from your physical body. Let the thoughts race and observe them keeping in mind to stay awake. You will find after a while you might trigger the projection reflex. Almost all the time my body sinks into paralysis and I will hear buzzing or ringing. Hold this feeling and divert your attention to a location in your house or apply your own technique to it.

I just find that if I have a ton of thoughts in my head I just let them come to me all while remembering to keep the "Do not fall asleep" intent in the back of my head. I am not sure why but it works almost everytime for me. I hope this helps folks who are having trouble getting into this sleep paralysis state etc. It's something you can try anyway. Also, try the not thinking any thoughts technique as well! It works for me too but if I find I can't control my thoughts which is very hard for me sometimes... I accept them and let them flow to me. Clearing your mind is essential but this is something you can try if you find you are having one of those days where you simply can't rid your thoughts from flowing. It works for me!

Safe travels.
-Cody

M4RT1N

Thank you Cody i will try this, but the problem i have is to stay awake  :x 

Astralsuzy

Martin do you keep telling yourself I can concentrate and stay awake?  Also, do you keep saying to yourself I can ap?  If I think I will not be able to ap I fall asleep.  I have to keep telling myself all the time that I can do it.  When I make an effort to ap and I keep telling myself I can stay awake and ap I ap.  There are times when I mess it up.  It can take time to believe that you can do it.  It may take a while for you to believe that you can do it.  I have to keep saying it or I fall asleep.  Also, do not make yourself too comfortable as that can make you fall asleep.

M4RT1N

Quote from: Astralsuzy on December 04, 2012, 15:27:45
Martin do you keep telling yourself I can concentrate and stay awake?  Also, do you keep saying to yourself I can ap?  If I think I will not be able to ap I fall asleep.  I have to keep telling myself all the time that I can do it.  When I make an effort to ap and I keep telling myself I can stay awake and ap I ap.  There are times when I mess it up.  It can take time to believe that you can do it.  It may take a while for you to believe that you can do it.  I have to keep saying it or I fall asleep.  Also, do not make yourself too comfortable as that can make you fall asleep.

i usually say to myself that i can stay wake but i guess my bed is too comfortable, is 7 hours of sleep enough ?

Dreamshards

They say at least seven hours asleep is good for adults, though of course I have seen many other people function on less sleep because of their early work schedules. I can function on seven hours of sleep but I'm a little weak. I bust my balls (sorry for my french) at work all day and come home to my three year old so most nights I sleep for ten hours (not interrupted though). What I guess I'm saying is that seven hours is a good amount of time to sleep If you can sleep through the night. If you toss in turn then of course you will fatigued in the morning. I believe relaxation exercises can help with that. Have you tried melatonin? It's completely natural and you can get it at health food stores. 

roman67

Hey Cody, Thanks for sharing the amazing trick. I will definitely try it. Then I will tell you about this.

Astralsuzy

Quote from: M4RT1N on December 04, 2012, 15:47:53
i usually say to myself that i can stay wake but i guess my bed is too comfortable, is 7 hours of sleep enough ?
You need to get away from your bed.  When we are in bed we are programmed to sleep so it is likely to happen. 

2fly4thesky

Racing thoughts are not a problem to get into sleep paralysis/MABA/F10. For that all u need to do is simply relax your physical body. Racing thoughts are a problem when trying to get into a deeper focus 12, and to make the shift from focus 12 to focus 21. Because that's when u need to become less aware of the physical, and constant mind chatter interferes with that process. At least that's how it seems to be with me. But I will take your advice and see if it works for me.

2fly4thesky

@M4RT1N

I usually try to phase while laying down on the couch in the living room, and I fall asleep very rarely, barely ever when I do that now that I think about it. And if I roll over and decide to sleep I'm more likely to wake up out of body or lucid dream than I would if I tried to phase while lying down in my bed.

Bedeekin

I 'phase' wherever I am. on a train.. in the bed... on the couch... on a floor... sitting up... lying down... even in the bath.

Mostly in bed.

Dreamshards

That's funny because I very close to phasing while in the bath, and then I get paranoid about leaving my body while being in a body of water.  :-P

Bedeekin

Lionheart

Quote from: Bedeekin on December 05, 2012, 12:22:56
I 'phase' wherever I am. on a train.. in the bed... on the couch... on a floor... sitting up... lying down... even in the bath.

Mostly in bed.
For some reason I see incredibly vivid images right away while in the shower. Once I in the shower I closed my eyes and saw that my toes were teetering on the edge of a raging waterfall. I could see the mist below. Talk about creating a vertigo effect. I had to grab onto my shower curtain for stability. The next time I closed my eyes in the shower I saw I was in some kind of water cave, then in front of me I saw a small boat entering the entrance of the cave. This one though didn't have the vertigo and I just stood there and observed the scene. It must have one of those "shower portals", lol.
Otherwise I do my Phase sessions in Lazy Boy chair or during the day on my bed when I know that sleep is nowhere near.

ChopstickFox

I don't think I've ever left my body in the shower, but when I was younger it seemed the only place I could really calm my mind enough to really practice meditating/envisioning/whatever you want to call it...

Ironically, I have an easier time in my bad now and harder in the shower. Most likely because my shower floods if I take any time beyond a quick shower >_>;;;;

A very common one was seeing myself at the entrance of a cave. Kind of like a waterfall cave thing.
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.