Near Miss?

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomName

Howdy!

quote:
Almost immediately my body felt very heavy and light shivering started(it wasn't cold).

I have this happen to me alot. The heaviness is caused by trance and is no big deal, ignore it. The shivering is another symptom of trance and can happen both physically and in your ethric body. I have been in my Florida room on a hot day meditating and I starting shivering physically, which was obviously not possible for the weather. On another occasion I opened my eyes when i felt myself shiver and noticed my physical body wasn't moving at all. Im guessing its an energetic sensation of some sort.

quote:
My mind started to wonder at some stage in the count down but I snaped into focus all of a sudden and I started to do the rope thing

I have a nasty habit of this happening too. I will do a backwards count from about 100 to 0 and at about 50 i will catch my mind grabbing onto a pointless thought and begin to wander. When you snap back to reality you suddenly gain back a bit of conciousness you lost when your mind drifted, and thus the sequence of trance went ahead without you. You brought yourself back into the fray of trance and vibrations as they were happening and it came as a shock.

Q1. Vibrations are the last step until you seperate from your body, but they usually come about on their own. Don't worry if you can conciously cause them.

Q2.Im not sure if its generally ACCEPTED, but I do reccomend the water skiing technique. You visualise a boat that is in front of you and your hanging onto a handle bar attached to a rope to the boat. The boat starts moving and pulls you up and you basically use mental strength to hold on. Eventually, our astral body gets yanked out. I used this to induce trance and vibrations, so im sure I can project with it when i hit vibrations. I have yet to try though.

Your very close to projecting. Vibrations are the last step. Good luck Anduril

-Andrew(aka Psi)

Anduril

Hi

This is a brief summary of a recent experience that I'd like some comments on.

I've had one experience that I think was either an OOBE or Clairvoyance as I was aware of my body at the same time (as being able to inspect the contents of my desk in another room but that is not what I'd like the feedback on). Just prior to that I'd been experimenting with some of the techniques in Munroe's books and got some very serious vibrations happening on a couple of occasions without managing to consciously separate. That was several years ago..  

After reading about the Rope method here I thought I'd give it a try a couple of nights ago. Did a mind focusing exercise (Silva mind control method..) to get settled although this was only partially successful as I felt not quite "there" so I tried deepening the relaxation/concerntration using a 10 to 1 count down. My mind started to wonder at some stage in the count down but I snaped into focus all of a sudden and I started to do the rope thing. Almost immediately my body felt very heavy and light shivering started(it wasn't cold).

Question – is that the same sort of thing I should be aiming for or are the big vibration things closer to the mark?

Anyway I started to get a sense of duality around my hands(could have been my imagination) and I was trying to just observe what was happening and not get excited.. this went on for sometime but I started to visualise my self climbing a rope rather then the feeling and I think that sort of broke the sequence.. I became aware of movement in the hall outside of the room and then the shivering stopped. I tried to bring them back but without luck.  Interestingly my meditative state was intact and had very strong visualisation ability while it lasted. I decided to bring myself out of it and noted that about 30minutes had elapsed.

Question – Is there a generally accepted visual technique that I could have switched to after trying ROPE?

Does this sound like I'm getting close to projecting?

Regards

Anduril