My eyes keep opening :(

Previous topic - Next topic

MushyBubbler

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I've been trying to AP for quite some time now :)

It seems I get closer every time! I get really relaxed but for some reason it seems like it relaxes my eyes to much and it wont keep them closed?? Has anyone else every had this problem? My eyes will just randomly open themselves when I get really close to being fully relaxed and mind awake..or they'll open just a tad so I can see the little light that sneaks in through my door and I have to force them shut, which isnt any good. Anyone have any ideas? thanks!

Woah

It isn't a necessity to keep your eyes closed. Some have better success keeping them open.
Although, the crack of light may throw you off anyway. Maybe turn off the light outside your door, and/or cover your eyes somehow?
Leave them open, or if they're closed and then open you won't notice a difference if it's pitch black.

MushyBubbler

Woah really? I always thought it was a necessity to keep your eyes closed. Iguess ill try it with my eyes open then :) thanks! and ill defenitely turn the light off now, maybe it was throwing me off or something, ill see.

EqualThoughts

i find this only happens to me when i attempt it lying on my back.
Beware of those who weep with realization, for they have realized nothing.  -Don Juan

gangta

also try my technique: i just stare off into space,concentrating on my third eye, until things get darker and darker then...boom im projecting. i know it sounds oversimplified but it works :wink:

Woah

Quote from: gangta on October 17, 2006, 22:01:13
also try my technique: i just stare off into space,concentrating on my third eye, until things get darker and darker then...boom im projecting. i know it sounds oversimplified but it works :wink:

You relax fully first, right?

MushyBubbler

Quote from: EqualThoughts on October 17, 2006, 21:57:56
i find this only happens to me when i attempt it lying on my back.

Yeah I've only really had full relaxation when I lie on my back, so thats pretty much the only position I do it in. I find that if I dont, then I usually will move around a lot to get comfortable, which distracts me.

And gangta thanks I will defenitely have to try that method :)

Goober

Lean your head forward a bit. I used to lean my head straight back, and it would pull back my bottom eyelids.

Selski

We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.