Journey to the future and past at the same time

Previous topic - Next topic

SirMike

Well, if he is he didn't gain anything, so chances are he isn't >.<

But I do disagree with traveling back to the past to witness something and having a influence on it. You can go back and relive
memories but that's as close as you can get to changing them.. unless your in a lucid dream (but you still wont change the outcome of the future by doing so)

But hey; its any ones guess.. I guess :P

Gummage

Quote from: SirMike on August 24, 2011, 21:41:35
Well, if he is he didn't gain anything, so chances are he isn't >.<

But I do disagree with traveling back to the past to witness something and having a influence on it. You can go back and relive
memories but that's as close as you can get to changing them.. unless your in a lucid dream (but you still wont change the outcome of the future by doing so)

But hey; its any ones guess.. I guess :P

What happens when you relive memories?

SirMike

Gummage

Quote from: SirMike on August 25, 2011, 00:40:24
What do you mean "what happends"?  :-)

Sorry what happens. I mean what is the experience like?

blis

Quote from: SirMike on August 24, 2011, 21:41:35
memories but that's as close as you can get to changing them..

I dont think he went back and changed anything. Thats the way things actually happened at the time. It's just that as it happened, the one and only time it happened, his body was under the control of his consciousness friom a point in his future. Obviously thats not generally supposed to happen in the human experience of linear time but I cant see why it wouldnt be possible.

It didnt make any sense to me when I read it last year but I think I get it now.

If it was me I'd definately want to get in touch with that teacher again.

SirMike

The reason I say he "influenced" the past is
because he said what ever his future self thought, his past or 12/13 yr. old
self thought, so his future self influenced his old self, hence
influencing the past, but maby it is possible. Never know  :-)

Gummage

Quote from: SirMike on August 25, 2011, 15:14:22
The reason I say he "influenced" the past is
because he said what ever his future self thought, his past or 12/13 yr. old
self thought, so his future self influenced his old self, hence
influencing the past, but maby it is possible. Never know  :-)

So what if you were to set a specific thought  which you could put into your past self?

Xanth

The "Past" has already happened.
You've already made your choices and had your thoughts.

Voyager

Well guys,
I didn't change anything in the past nor in the future.
I think this is not possible.
And I am not here making you believe me, thats not my purpose!
I believe to myself, and that's enough for me, you needn't do that.
I am still confused about that phenomenon, maybe I will confused for the rest of my life,
If so, I hope to get a total Alzheimer's disease. Then I forget everything in my life.

I do not need people hearing, that the story is true, or a lie
both cannot change anything in me.
I am not in search of any acknowledgement. That wouldn't help me to understand the story.

I am a technician, I believe in things that I see, hear, touch, feel...
We can make a call from US to Australia or anywhere in the world.
But how is it possible that you make a call to yourself from 2009 to 1983
And why I know that in year 2009, and not in 1983

Voyager

it's been over 3 years now, I am still confused, some people laugh about my story,
some people believe me (or they do as if they believe me)
whatever, I am still in search of why and how. I can't just forget the story.

Pauli2

Voyager, have you tried to ask any non-physical being what that all was about?
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Everlasting

Time is an illusion, strange things happen.
Priests of hippocratic love talk of peace and Christ, Power is their only goal. Now they all shall die.

catmeow

I think it's a great story! Either Voyager is legit, or else he's a great story teller!

And It made perfect sense to me on 1st reading...

All you guys saying "you can't go back in time and change things" are WRONG. I tried to explain it on another thread.

Let's say that the year is 2012 and you are looking through some old news clippings. There's a story about some terrorist who got shot but they never caught the assassin. Now you get bored reading news clippings and you go back in time, say to 1982. You are wandering around the streets. There's a commotion, some guys are fighting. They drop a gun, you pick it up. A guy comes running at you and you shoot him. The guy goes down. You escape. You go back to 2012. Now, back in 1982 it's big news! The guy you shot turns out to be a terrorist. You shot a terrorist! But now you are in 2012, you browse through the newspaper clippings again. There is the story about the terrorist you shot!

So what happened? Well you went back in time to 1982 and shot somebody. But that incident in 1982 was always part of your history here in 2012. In a way you were destined to go back in time and shoot the terrorist.

Anyway, I tried to explain it. Here's the other thread:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/going_back_in_time-t37680.0.html;msg309046#msg309046

Voyager, maybe you are pulling our dangly bits, but it's a good story....
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

NoY

you load a gun and then go back in time 2 mins and shoot your self before you loaded the gun, how can you believe this is possible?  :|

:NoY:

catmeow

Quote from: NoY on July 04, 2012, 18:19:47
you load a gun and then go back in time 2 mins and shoot your self before you loaded the gun, how can you believe this is possible?  :|

:NoY:

I don't believe it's possible. Only actions which are logically consistent are allowed to happen. Actions like this, which are paradoxes can not happen. You might go back in time with the intent of shooting yourself, but it would never come to pass. Perhaps you would get distracted, or you would miss, or the gun would jam. It simply wouldn't happen.

The reason for this is, "being shot", isn't part of your present history. Your present history is written, you can't go back and re write it. You can go back in time and exercise free will, and take actions which you believe are free will, and interact with the past, but these actions will always turn out to be completely consistent with your present history.
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

zareste

From what I gather, the past exists on the lower layers of reality's sphere of influence, alongside other potentials and 'pasts' that you never went though.

Or in English: We're not falling through time, but interacting with potentials, one after the other.

Experiments with machines were able to send people to the past without actually phasing them out of the present. That is, they saw past events but visibly remained in the present. There were two experiments demonstrating this. It means Einstein was half-right and pop-science quantum physics is half-right. You're falling through potentials in a somewhat linear fashion - not at random - because of the way your field interacts with the local field around you.  If you go to another place, you start interact with the local fields of that place and experience potentials, mostly in sync with the people around you due to your field's tuning.

With a better method (people do it in astral projection but it can be done physically) one can completely go to the past or future, and even interact with it like the present. But the interactions will not greatly affect your actual present or the people who live there. You could kill yourself in the past and still exist in the present. It would affect the present where the local fields interact (people might subconsciously recall you dying or have dreams of it) but you would still exist.

Voyager

I wish I was a story or fairy tale teller.
maybe I should do that.
joking apart!

I do not have such a big fantasy, I never heard such a story before
not in movies not in novells (or did you hear such a story?)

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

Hey Voyager, don't worry about the "doubting Thomases". I think you are legit, definitely not a story teller. Have you tried to get in touch with Aysha? Maybe she still have your number?! And another thing, in your meditation, ask your Spirit guide to help you understand the situation. Good luck with your search :)
"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet." Rumi

Voyager

Well, I was interested in Aysha that time (1983) today I am not. I don't know where she is.
I want to get in touch with the teacher, this is more important for me. I wrote her and her man, I sent
her flowers as well, I wrote down the story in the letter, first I phoned her, she got nervous on the phone
She told "good night" and hang up.
She could not remember me. But her man could.

catmeow

Hey Voyager, you need to speak with the teacher somehow, without spooking her. I don't know how you can do that. Maybe speak to her "man" first and get his trust. Dunno, but it's too great a story. You should get closure. Good luck!