was this an OBE?

Previous topic - Next topic

norby12

Lately I've been meditating and really trying to open my third eye, I think eye did. I was listening to a  binaural beat, relaxed, eyes closed, and I was seeing a small dim  ball of energy ,  I focused on the ball and it got bigger and brighter over time. I was starting to feel my head vibrating , it was a weird sensation but it felt good at the same time. After a couple of minutes I felt myself floating , flying towards what it looked like a black hole. Once I flew through the hole he stars in this part of space seemed so close and bright , I saw a being made out of the stars around me , like the stars were all connected to form a body. after aftEr that happened I woke up. What was this?

FuzzyQuills

That sounds awesome! Not sure if it was an OBE though, unless you somehow ended up in deep space... :D I recently had what seemed like an OBE too, although some things weren't quite right... :D
This world's Captain Falcon; A title I will pass down to a chosen one when I leave this dimension.

PlasmaAstralProjection

If it wasn't an OBE it certainly seemed close.

Xanth

Let's see if I can't confuse things for you.  :)

Yes, it was a projection.
No, it wasn't a projection in the strictest sense of the word (not MY strict sense though).

There you go.  :)

astralm

I was just reading your comment Xanth and something clicked.  No experiences are really "out of body" because even if the data is not from this reality frame (as Campbell calls it) the experience is not the data, it is the interpretation of that data.  And the data is always interpreted inside your brain.  So it's not so much an out of body experience as it is a out of the reality frame data acquisition.  Makes sense why your mind brings so much subjectivity to it when this out of reality frame data acquisition is translated into within this reality frame experiences.

Xanth

Quote from: astralm on May 04, 2015, 20:02:32
I was just reading your comment Xanth and something clicked.  No experiences are really "out of body" because even if the data is not from this reality frame (as Campbell calls it) the experience is not the data, it is the interpretation of that data.  And the data is always interpreted inside your brain.  So it's not so much an out of body experience as it is a out of the reality frame data acquisition.  Makes sense why your mind brings so much subjectivity to it when this out of reality frame data acquisition is translated into within this reality frame experiences.
For the most part, yup.  :)

Remember, "your brain" is as much part of the virtual reality as everything else here.

FuzzyQuills

I'm taking a guess right now that he entered his subconscious "training ground" (not sure where I read that term from... :D) that people sometimes have to escape from to get to the astral proper.
This world's Captain Falcon; A title I will pass down to a chosen one when I leave this dimension.

astralm

Quote from: FuzzyQuills on May 05, 2015, 00:23:02
I'm taking a guess right now that he entered his subconscious "training ground" (not sure where I read that term from... :D) that people sometimes have to escape from to get to the astral proper.

Pretty sure you are referring to Frank Kepple's training ground.

Xanth

Quote from: FuzzyQuills on May 05, 2015, 00:23:02
And more to the point, the "training ground" Frank spoke about wasn't what he thought it was.  He eventually figured out that it was just creations of his own.
This is what the non-physical mostly is for most people, because they haven't learned to put aside their own self-creation.  This is what Frank eventually learned.

If you read Frank's posts he eventually stops using that term entirely, because it simply doesn't fit.  There is no "training ground". 

FuzzyQuills

QuoteIf you read Frank's posts he eventually stops using that term entirely, because it simply doesn't fit.  There is no "training ground".
Thanks for cleaning this up. :)

soki

Looks like a phase to me. When you interiorize your awareness, you can (like Frank teaches it) ''watch'' the light patterns behind your eyelids. If you keep on gently focusing on them as you go towards sleep, you start seeing ''stars'' everywhere, little white dots in your inner vision. There may be flashes too, different colors, scenery etc. I guess the way I practiced phasing made it easier for me to see images, scenes at that stage. They eventually become extremely beautiful and vivid, clear in my mind. As if I was there. This is the starting point of what is called phasing. I'd say you put your attention towards the light patterns behind your closed eyes, and it interiorized your awareness. You went closer towards sleep, but you kept your focus on the ''stars'' you saw. They eventually became more vivid, in a 3D manner. And then you phased in that universe you had in front of your eyes. When I phase, I just ''appear'' in a scene I had in my head (action of phasing). Because I FOCUS on that scene. In a way, awareness (you, your mental being) moves in the direction it is focused on. So if you (your awareness) focus on the ''stars'' you see, you phase in a reality similar to the one you were focusing on. And then your mind creates a scenario you can't control yet because it takes practice (I still can't neither). So in my opinion, you succeeded in phasing and had a wonderful experience. You are the one who really knows what kind of experience you had. But I have absolutely no doubt on the nature of this one. Congratulations!