OBE Conference

Previous topic - Next topic

David Warner

Ap Friends,

Been kicking around the idea of putting together a obe conference where everyone can get together, have some guest speakers (me. j/k) and organize this in a 3 day weekend.

I'm thinking in Chicago, IL where everyone could pitch in a hall or room could be rented out for this event. Maybe there could be groups people communicate to one another, meet and greet. Discuss obe's, consciousness etc.. Follow some kinda of itinary.

Any ideas about this and who would be interested?

Tvos
InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us

MisterJingo

Its an interesting idea :smile:, although anywhere outside of the UK I might have trouble getting to.

domos

Sounds great... except I am in Australia :( Otherwise its a great idea :)

Novice

tvos-
I think your idea sounds neat in theory. But as this forum has members world-wide, I think most would find it challenging to attend something in another country.

What you're proposing may be better if it had multiple sessions where there was an event 'near' to clusters/groups of members in each region. But when you do it that way, I'm not sure you'd get the numbers of people needed to justify costs to put something like that together.   :think:
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

Nay

Quote from: the voice of silenceAp Friends,

Been kicking around the idea of putting together a obe conference where everyone can get together, have some guest speakers (me. j/k) and organize this in a 3 day weekend.

I'm thinking in Chicago, IL where everyone could pitch in a hall or room could be rented out for this event. Maybe there could be groups people communicate to one another, meet and greet. Discuss obe's, consciousness etc.. Follow some kinda of itinary.

Any ideas about this and who would be interested?

Tvos

Don't we communicate now?  I would love to meet the people here in person, don't get me wrong, but I'm not into following any kind of itinerary.    I like to just let things happen naturally.  Too many people pushing and rushing things these days.  

I don't think you were kidding about being the speaker..lol.  nothing wrong with that.  :grin:  Do you enjoy speaking to large groups and teaching others?  Just curious. :smile:

jub jub

I'm a member of a Corvette forum and every year we meet in Bowling Green, KY (Home of Corvette Assembly Plant and  Corvette Museum) for four days of fun! It's neat to meet all the people you talk to on a forum in person!

Once you meet someone in person there is a closer bond so that when you talk to them on the forum, they're like family.

I think it's a good idea, but would people be willing to travel any distance? For me, Chicago would be a little too far unless I worked it into a vacation.
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

David Warner

Nay,

We definitely communicate now beautifully and its real nice to have this community. For once, we are no longer in the dark and express our experiences, help each other and guide. Before, all it was is books that were written on the subject and one would have to pursue it solo vs. having this forum.

Bringing people together, in a obe conference can definitely spin new ideas, approaches, methods, and to be understand chain of events. Not too much help others who have not obe'd at all. I do understand everyone doesn't live in Michigan, Australia, Europe and with budgets, expenses etc that is a tough one. Maybe it would be wise to have a international OBE conference with internet hook-up?  

My thoughts have the OBE conference but not just in one location, but many? Its also possible that with computers and ip video cameras we could do something like that too. Maybe that would be smart for starters and see if there interest grows.

Just food for thought!

Tvos

ps. me as the guest speaker.. Now, for my my performance I will tap dance...:) I've done (small) guest speaking, but never one the OBE subject. I've played classical guitar at performances for around thousand people.
www.invisiblelight.us

mactombs

I think sooner or later there will be a conference + teleconference for the AP forums. Don't know when or where, but it's always good to check the waters and see if the time is right.
A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist - Sigmund Freud

David Warner

Mactombs,

Maybe the time is now for us to organize a video conference.

Tvos
www.invisiblelight.us

Nay

Ha!   That sounded so ominous and guru-ish!  

"maybe the time is now"  Sorry, it just tickled me. :razz:

:hippy3:

David Warner

Nay,

As what was mentioned earlier in this thread where there are regional locations that are accessible for the OBE conference world-wide. I understand that timing, money and distance are great factors. How to organize and structure this would be a feat in itself. Maybe as a beta-test to have the event in the USA on a specific date, and then the next month in Europe, month after that in Australia etc. This might be an idea and at least a start in the right direction.

I also like the idea of organizing just an on-line video conference. At least, for the people that have to wake up in the early, early morning hours (because of the time zone difference) to join the event for an hour , they can go back to bed and easily try to project..:) that would be a bonus!

Any other ideas and thoughts?

Tvos
www.invisiblelight.us

knightlight

I have a webcam and would be up for doing a video chat conference personally.  I think it would  be a great idea!
Profound Impatience makes the blind struggle in Stupidity.

David Warner

So how do we all link together via web cam? Like a MSN account, yahoo, service provider of some sort?

I think this would be something to really look into and see how this can become a reality. also, since I don't have a web cam yet - any good affordable ones you can suggest? - preferably wifi ip based cam.

tvos
www.invisiblelight.us

BillionNamesofGod

cam wise too many to choose from, logitech being the best,  ebay is your friend here! Go for logitech.

I think let's go digital first, many solutions here,first to agree a chat channel,  skype now have radio broadcast now, so maybe if we all get skype IDS?

David Warner

whats the difference between yahoo, msn, skype chat channels using voice, video, etc?

i think video can audio would be better that way we can communicate more effectively and take turns vs. just rushing in and cutting people off.

this is something that would be good to start reviewing and seeing what is out there for video conference software that is free. if that does exist.

tvos
www.invisiblelight.us

BillionNamesofGod

Quote from: the voice of silencewhats the difference between yahoo, msn, skype chat channels using voice, video, etc?

i think video can audio would be better that way we can communicate more effectively and take turns vs. just rushing in and cutting people off.

this is something that would be good to start reviewing and seeing what is out there for video conference software that is free. if that does exist.

tvos

I've been thinking about this for ages, so will look into it again, come up with best solutions!

:-)

David Warner

I started to look around the net and noticed all these wonder full web cams. Being a IT person, I love the wifi ip cams with all the buttons, but the prices on some are ridiculous!

Anyways, what did catch my eye was the camera that can be used at night and has infrared capability. My purpose for the camera that I am looking for is freedom w/no wires, ip based, and infrared and motion detection. I am curious as to see if infrared can actually pick up motion or energy movement during the astral projection?

Something to think about.. Maybe we should go into the business and create the OBE camera for psychics..:)

tvos
www.invisiblelight.us

angelout

I think it is very impressive that this is such a global community...go figure. What a joy it would be to meet people that are a part of this journey, I cant even begin to imagine the energy that would be in the room.
angelout-its all up here

BillionNamesofGod

Quote from: the voice of silenceI started to look around the net and noticed all these wonder full web cams. Being a IT person, I love the wifi ip cams with all the buttons, but the prices on some are ridiculous!

Anyways, what did catch my eye was the camera that can be used at night and has infrared capability. My purpose for the camera that I am looking for is freedom w/no wires, ip based, and infrared and motion detection. I am curious as to see if infrared can actually pick up motion or energy movement during the astral projection?

Something to think about.. Maybe we should go into the business and create the OBE camera for psychics..:)

tvos

It's just a camera really, no-one else has recorded anything obe wise on camera, so digital cameras will probably be no different.

Worth a try though, the good thing is you could leave teh cam on all night recording, and no tapes  or mess on like that, you never know you might record an artifact with mathes up when you leave your body.

:-)