Paralysis Problem

Previous topic - Next topic

Andali27

I tried something with BWGEN yesterday but didn't get into the vibes stage, probably cause I wasn't keeping at it long enough.  I tried again without it later on that night and pretty much reached the same stage as BWGEN got me to.  It felt different from other times I've tried to AP but I gave up at 10:15pm.  I woke up at almost 4am for no apparnet reason and couldn't get back to sleep.  When I started to get close to sleeping, I got hit with a paralysis I had had before I started trying AP again.  I got that twice before I flipped onto my back deciding I'd try and take advantage of it and try to AP from a paralysis state.  No avail.  I fell asleep shortly after that I think during another bout of it.  Annoying to say the least and the experience isn't exactly plesent.  Anyway, any suggestions?  No matter how hard I try and how hard I don't try, I can't get any vibes.  Help!

Andali
~*~*If you long for your dreams and your dreams cannot wait, turn your life into dreams and control your own fate...*~*~

http://www.digital-transition.net

TOTALANATION

rowofmushytit

For beginners i would recommend lucid dreaming first, just look at your hands while dreaming - dead easy. Its not as intense and scary, and you'll learn the concepts you will need for AP. You will build a familiarity for that realm, which will give you an anchor point for concious AP. Afterall you need to know the feeling to focus on while in meditation - just like riding a bike!

Anyway i am sceptical about this bwgen stuff - you don't need to rely on external apparatus when the power comes from within.

AP can take years to happen, so don't force it. AP is not just like jumping out of a plane - you must train to be receptive to power. Open your chakras, do yoga, take night hikes in the mountains...

good luck.
you'll never entirely understand yourself, since your mind, like any other closed system, can only be sure of what it knows about itself by relying on what it knows about itself[/color]

astralspinner

Firstly, not everybody gets vibes, and they aren't a necessary part of projection, so why are you so worried?

Secondly, in Astral Dynamics, RB mentions that waking paralysis is NOT a good state to try and project from.

My own trance experience tends to support this. There's being semi-paralysed because you're so deep in trance you're mostly detached from your body, which is good; but if you're wide awake and just unable to move, that's not much better than being wide awake.

I've cerainly found that state of mind is far more important than state of body.

Veccolo

> Firstly, not everybody gets vibes, and they aren't a necessary part of
> projection, so why are you so worried?

True. I only felt vibrations once, still I had what many call APs.

> Secondly, in Astral Dynamics, RB mentions that waking paralysis is NOT a
> good state to try and project from.

I tend to disagree with Bruces' opinion here. I only had a conscious SP once, but from what I've read, the state simply means you are already dreaming (REM wise). As you are already dreaming, you can enter/project into dreams right away. Many experiences of others who WILD support this.
I don't do much, and I do it well.

astralspinner

It means that your BODY is in a dream state. But that's not good - you don't project your body into the dream :)

You need your MIND to be in the dream state to project into a dream. Being wide awake and paralysed won't get you very far.

However, since the mind does tend to follow the body, it's certainly possible that in paralysis episodes, the mind follows the body's example and falls into a dream state and thus allows projection.

But I still tend to the view that wide awake but paralysed is a useless state for projection.