Problems projecting when not in LD and MUCH more

Previous topic - Next topic

catmeow

Hi RocketMan007

Personally I thought yours was an interesting post.  Like you, I have never had any difficulty whatsoever having lucid dreams... it started perhaps when I was 10 years old when I started to take control of a particular "nightmare" dream I was having.  When I got interested in AP at about the age of 15 my LD activity just rocketed.  Now I can't get through the night without either having a LD, a flying dream, a false awakening etc etc.....  If I skip for a week or two I actually get withdrawal symptoms.....

From the false awakening I can easily go through an "exit" procedure which seems pretty much like an OOB to me, but I have never been completely convinced of teh "reality" of it all.  But then it's hard to define "reality".

Also I too have had a few (indisputable) psychic experiences, for instance I taught myself hypnosis as a teenager and found I could hypnotise my mother just by sitting down and concentrating.   When she was hypnotised, she was extremely psychic and could describe scenes I set up in other parts of the house quite accurately.  This was only one of several "tests" I set up!

I'd say you are basically moderately sensitive/psychic, which accounts for the LD's, OOB's and psychic experiences.  I have a feeling this is not at all unusual these days.  

Regarding the buzzing noises, the medical term for this is "tinnitus" which is a constant "ringing" noise in the ears.  The causes for this can be physical, psychological and in many cases simply unknown.  I was afflicted for a couple of years and it eventually disappeared.

But the fact that you can change the pitch at will and play tunes is not normal tinnitus!  So I'd say it was not a physical condition in your case??  It could be some sort of psychic ability, ability to tune into energies which others can't hear, or else it could just be a psychological "trick" you can do!

In any event keep up the LD/OOB/psychic stuff and just let it all happen!  You'll probably find that the more you get into this, the more psychic exeperiences you will have.  It seems to work that way.  

catmeow
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

astralspinner

The noise is not tinnitus - it's a perfectly common meditation phenomenon. Do a search on this site or google for "high pitched whine" and you'll get plenty of results.

I get it myself whenever I relax and listen for it. It can get VERY loud during meditation. I can also change the pitch, but not with the same degree of control you seem to. Never thought of playing tunes with it before :)

clandestino

Hi there Rocketman007 ! welcome to the astralpulse too.

quote:
I'm not making any of this up, and I hope none of the self proclaimed "guru's" that just make up stuff on other forums

I'm sure you'll soon see that the Astralpulse is a great place to hang out. It is a truly global community of young & old, women & men. I can't think of anyone here that you might consider a "self proclaimed guru" !! hee hee.

quote:
And my final question: Is AP relatively safe?

Yes. I'm basing this on a) my experiences, b) the experiences of the people on this board, c) the accounts I have read in OBE literature. I haven't read any accounts of people coming to any physical or mental harm. I personally have had only one astral experience that left me feeling slightly physically uncomfortable, but it is impossible to say whether or not the sensations I felt were caused by my OBE.

Is it safe for everyone ? I'd hazard a guess that OBE exercises & the like shouldn't be undertaken by individuals with a history of serious mental illness.... This is just my un-scientific opinion though !

quote:
If you project from a dream is it really an astral projection or is it a "virtual" projection just in your imagination.

Good question, I've considered this several times in the light of my own experiences. I haven't come to one conclusion. IMO, every astral projection within the lower planes consists of a subjective reality & an objective reality. As thought = action, the activity of our minds can create and enhance our astral environments, so that what we perceive is a combination of the "true astral" & our "mind's astral".

At the same time, there appear to be regions within the astral that are far more "plastic" and receptive to our influence.... Yet, they do not retain this influence for long. Furthermore there are also areas that appear to be very solid & hard to change. I'd guess that if you were able to make a change (e.g. build a house) within such an area, the act of building would be difficult, but the feature would have a longer life within the astral.

A third point I consider along with those above, is that whilst the astral experience may be a combination of subjective & objective, the objective part is hard to pin down. In the physical our 5 senses interpret the energy around them. Mankind has come to a near 100% consensus on our physical reality & labelled it "science". Our non-physical realities do not yet fall under the umbrella of science, perhaps because we are not perceiving with our 5 physical faculties.

quote:
Also where are all these different planes people talk about? When I left my body from dreams I only experienced two types of places, the earth and universe as we know it, and a place where I couldn't "see" anything but could still sense everything going on and communicate.

Another area that there is no consensus on ! On top of the two places you mention, a third could be labelled "the astral planes", an infinite array of places where all manner of strange things occur.

Where are they ? Well, they aren't above, below, or light years away. They are non-physical realms that are within you and all of us. We exist on these non-physical realms just as we exist on physical realms. I don't have too much experience with astral exploration though, dig around within these forums and you'll find more info.

Sorry I can't answer any more of your questions, I'm sure there are others who will !

Mark

I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

RocketMan007

quote:
Originally posted by astralspinner

The noise is not tinnitus - it's a perfectly common meditation phenomenon. Do a search on this site or google for "high pitched whine" and you'll get plenty of results.

I get it myself whenever I relax and listen for it. It can get VERY loud during meditation. I can also change the pitch, but not with the same degree of control you seem to. Never thought of playing tunes with it before :)

Thanks for all the replies so far. What I have is definatley not tinnitus. I dont think it is the same as the noise you hear durring meditation. If I do not create the noise artificially eventually I hear a loud whining noise. Although I do not need to be medatating to do it, I can now do it without any real immediate mental strain any time durring the day or night. Last night I tried a BWGen preset that is supposed to help astral projection, but instead fell fast asleep and didnt even wake to take the headphones off. But before I fell asleep I tried to making the humming noises while I was listening to the binaural beats which I had never done before. It was very strange because when I produced the humming noise I could actually alter the binaural beat frequency, It was like I was mixing in another frequency of my choosing. I dont know enough about the brain (who does) to really say if it could be some voulentary part of my brain that has to do with hemisync or what :).  

Thanks

RocketMan007

Hello,
   I am new to most of this in a way. I have never really intentionally tried to AP (and know what I was doing) until a few days ago. Usually when I dream I have lucid dreams, and until a while ago I did not realize how hard of a time other people have getting lucid dreams. In fact I didn't really distinguish lucid dreams as anything special because I have always had them so often.

When I was about 6 I had a lucid dream I kept on waking up only to find that I was still asleep, this happened about 10 times, so instead of just standing around I decided to leave my body and explore space. I felt a tingly feeling and then kind of a buzzing feeling and I was out of my dream body with no physical form, I flew out of the room strait through the ceiling and into space. I flew out constantly accelerating until I reached what I now think was the edge of the universe, and at that point everything turned white and I got sensory overload. I remember what sounded like an old man asking me "What are you doing here? What are you?" and then I felt like I was being pushed back and within seconds I was flying all the way back into my body and returned with such force and speed that I awoke into the real world and bounced up into the air. This experience scared me and I tried not to sleep as much as possible just to avoid dreaming. I never really left my body from a lucid dream that many times after that, only a few times in my teens and those were scary experiences too.  

Of course until recently I thought I was just dreaming and none of it was real in anyway until I tried Brainwave Gen to meditate using binaural beats. I meditated and focused my thoughts and soon I started to feel that same tingly buzzing feeling that I experienced in my dream. When I am in a lucid dream I can leave so easily, but when I am meditating the buzzing shaking feeling is so much stronger and I feel like I am being sucked down when I am trying to pull up, It was made even more powerful when I looked up at my forehead where some people say the "third eye" is. At that point my heart began pounding uncontrollably even though I had slowed it down very low while meditating, I then awoke and experienced something like sleep paralysis. I started doing some research online and this place is supposed to be the best. Does anyone know why it is so much easier to leave while in a lucid dream? If you project from a dream is it really an astral projection or is it a "virtual" projection just in your imagination.

Also where are all these different planes people talk about? When I left my body from dreams I only experienced two types of places, the earth and universe as we know it, and a place where I couldn't "see" anything but could still sense everything going on and communicate.

My uncle is a reiki master and I talked to him about some of this stuff. I also have the ability to create humming or ringing tones of various frequency in my "ears" I don't know if it is some kind of physical muscle attached to the ear drum that vibrates or what but it is not purely a mental condition, because it is fatiguing and took a lot of effort to maintain when I first discovered it. I was also about 5 when I discovered this and my mom thought I was crazy. My uncle said there was a condition that causes this, but it sounded like the people with this have no control and hear ringing all the time. I, however, have no ringing in my ears unless I focus and cause it to happen. After years of practicing I can vary the tone and volume to the point where I can recreate simple music for about 5 minutes, or have a constant tone for meditation. It is really quite strange because when I do this everything else becomes quieter. I don't know If I just have some strange physical condition totally unrelated to metaphysics or if this is some special ability that could some how help me.

Also sometimes when I am very angry and try to meditate and fail to calm down, if I turn on any lights they can blow. I know this sounds like a coincidence but this happens every so often, once to the point I was so angry after meditation that I blew out 6 light bulbs in 30 minutes, including 3 long life bulbs that were fairly new, and a light fixture with 2 bulbs in it. It seems weird but after the first few went I caught myself thinking about the energy flowing right before I flicked the switch. Its not just faulty wiring because I have done this both at my mom's and my dad's house.  

I also sometimes have thoughts pop into my head that seem totally random at the time, and then seconds or minutes later they happen. This alone has proven to me without a doubt that there is something more to the world than what modern science and western religion could possibly explain. This seems to happen at moments of great danger or importance, and when I first wake up, and all of the times it has happened when I was around many people. In high school after waking up from study hall (didn't study much) things would pop into my mind, weird strange sayings or very specific things, and then I would usually hear these things being discussed in conversations of other people as they walked through the hallway. This happened several times in the car also. I was once asleep and then abruptly woke up with the thought in my mind that we would run over my math teacher, I told my mom to slow down and she did a bit, and about 50 feet later my math teacher stepped onto the street from behind this big SUV without looking both ways. The other dramatic time this happened I felt that we would die at the end of the intersection, and within a minute a black sports car ran a red light doing about 60 and I just barely noticed in time, within inches.

And my final question: Is AP realitively safe? People talk about negative entities and others say they are just b/s'ing. I would think that IF what I have done is really astral projecting, then it is relatively safe since I have only been scared by things and not having the least of a clue as to what I was really doing. Does anyone know of any "nice" places to go where there are no entities that try to bother you?

Thanks in advance for putting up with my venting, I have had all this stored up far to long with no one to talk to (I live out in the boonies with very closed minded parents and friends). I'm not making any of this up, and I hope none of the self proclaimed "guru's" that just make up stuff on other forums are not as frequent here.  Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.  

JAW

Interesting what you say about being able to create tunes... Ive not been able to do that, but I have on occasion been able to "create"/"hear" a song that Ive heard, usually one that I know well. Its sort of like I can actually hear the song being played in my physical ears, but not quite... Id liken it to the sort of images/scenes you conjure up while trying to phase/OBE, but its sound... Anyone else had this?

Just my 2 cents.
Cheers.
jaw
When you ask why some event happened, the only true and complete answer is "The Universe", because if any part of the Universe had been different, things would have happened differently - Eliezer S. Yudkowsky

EnderZ

I Thought the ringing in the ears, or the whinning noise was normal for everyone... lol. When im meditating i can make it even louder that it turns from just a ring or a whine in my ears to more of a whhossshing feeling in my entire head that sweeps to my body, and i can "feel" it, not just wear it.

I know what you mean by playing around with tunes, alot of times when i set out to ap, i dont get very far because once i get into a trance state, i have too much fun just creating sounds and noises, or songs in my head. I just think of what i want to hear, and its like theres tiny speakers next to my ears playing it in an echo'y way. its great, lots of fun with some of the crazy stuff you can come up with.

Some times when i get in that state and start messing around with sounds and tunes, hypnogotic sounds start to come in [or what ever there called]  Like slowly i'll hear someone saying a phrase in the back of my head. Last night for some reason it was "Zach is outside the house"  its really really weird random words. my name is zach btw. and i'd hear it in the back of my head repeating over and over, then itd get louder, and the next thing its like blaring in my head "ZACH IS OUTSIDE THE HOUSE" and its like i am the sound that its making, if that makes anysense.  For some reason i always get random words with my name thrown in it. Once it sounded like a middle aged man yelling out my full name, first middle and last. it was weird. other times i've also herd things like  "STOPPPPP"  "NOOOO"  "DONTTTT DOOO ITTTT" lol, it doesn't bother me though, i've herd it spooks somepeople. i just think its kinda cool how these weird, random words come in your head when your at a trance, i like hearing them and playing aroudn with them.

RocketMan007

My voices could beat up your voices  :D

If you didnt read my other post, When i was starting to go out of body I tried to make the noise, and instead of a inner ear noise it actually was more like an electrical buzz that shook my whole "body". It started out really low and went to super high frequency and then I realized I could feel my body again. Basically I guess it somehow increased my vibrational energy or whatever the terminology is :). Before I did it I just felt like I was floating around, and when I did it things became VERY real, to the point where i started to do my morning routine before I saw my body laying on the bed, things ended quickly after that.

RocketMan007

My voices could beat up your voices  :D

If you didnt read my other post, When i was starting to go out of body I tried to make the noise, and instead of a inner ear noise it actually was more like an electrical buzz that shook my whole "body". It started out really low and went to super high frequency and then I realized I could feel my body again. Basically I guess it somehow increased my vibrational energy or whatever the terminology is :). Before I did it I just felt like I was floating around, and when I did it things became VERY real, to the point where i started to do my morning routine before I saw my body laying on the bed, things ended quickly after that.

Leo Volont

No, your Uncle is talking about ... a condition where you have a ringing in your ear -- tintenitist or whatever.

I know what you are doing. I also learned how to do it at about 5 years old. My twin brother can do it also. And yes, you can only do it for a little while before you get tired of doing it. It is alot like flexing a muscle. You say you can get various tones out of it. My range is limited to only a few notes. When you do it in a certain place inside your head, you get a humming sound... no more like a rumbling or a fast drumroll. But you can place that same flex-attention in other places in your head and body -- it won't make any noise, but it creates a certain kind of focus.

I practice Kundalini Yoga and have noticed that the Humming Thing we do concentrates the Kundalini. It also concentrates the Kundalini when we do it in other places where it doesn't make the humming noise.

No you are not crazy

EnderZ

that feeling your talking about, in other parts of the body, is that what bruce describes as putting your awareness in that part of the body in NEW?

RocketMan007

-I practice Kundalini Yoga and have noticed that the Humming Thing we do concentrates the Kundalini. It also concentrates the Kundalini when we do it in other places where it doesn't make the humming noise.

Have you ever tried astral projection or anything like this? If so have you ever tried to make the noise while leaving the body? I was still in a floating around state when I tried it and everything became very real as soon as I did. I only got to do it once, maybe if I have more time next projection I can try to do it again and see if it makes it even more real.

I dont know if it is similar to the focusing on other body parts as you described, but I can make my eyes vibrate back and forth very rapidly, if I do it while looking at the computer screen it looks like a sine wave. I also have very good control of moving single muscle groups at a time, kind of like a controlled muscle twitch or spasm. I seem to have more control with things on the rigth side of my body.

Leo Volont

Quote from: RocketMan007-I practice Kundalini Yoga and have noticed that the Humming Thing we do concentrates the Kundalini. It also concentrates the Kundalini when we do it in other places where it doesn't make the humming noise.

Have you ever tried astral projection or anything like this? If so have you ever tried to make the noise while leaving the body? I was still in a floating around state when I tried it and everything became very real as soon as I did. I only got to do it once, maybe if I have more time next projection I can try to do it again and see if it makes it even more real.

I dont know if it is similar to the focusing on other body parts as you described, but I can make my eyes vibrate back and forth very rapidly, if I do it while looking at the computer screen it looks like a sine wave. I also have very good control of moving single muscle groups at a time, kind of like a controlled muscle twitch or spasm. I seem to have more control with things on the rigth side of my body.

Dear RocketMan007,

I've Projected a few times, but I Lucid Dream a lot.  I will have to try it.

I've noticed that nobody else here seems to know what we are talkiing about.  I told you that my Twin also knows how to do it, so I guess it is possible to tell somebody how it is done.  Twinglish probably helped, but somehow a little kid was able to tell another little kid what to do to make the humming.  We call it a humming but it is more like a dull roar, or a low drum roll, or a distant rumbling thunder, or a fast machine gun a mile away... something like that.

It is like flexing some muscle in the back of the palet but up in the skull, like closing some passage to the inner ear.  Not to the right or the left -- you would think that if it was with the ears, there would be two passages, but it seems like it is done only in the center.

I can only flex the thing for about 10 seconds comfortably, but you seem to have exercised the muscle and so yours is much stronger and you have built up your endurance.

The next time I go Lucid, or am able to project, I will have to try 'flexing my muscles'.  I will put it on my Reality Check Checklist.

Leo Volont

Quote from: EnderZthat feeling your talking about, in other parts of the body, is that what bruce describes as putting your awareness in that part of the body in NEW?

In the version of Kundalini Yoga I practice, yes, it is much as Bruce desribes -- conscious awareness can consciously focus the energy.

But Rocketman007 and my Flex Roar thing is almost exactly like flexing a muscle.  The Roar is started by flexing some muscle behind the palet but up in the skull aways -- it must be inches back from the eyes.  But once the Roar is going you can extend the Flex both upward toward the Top of the Skull where it flowers the Crown Chakra, or up forward along the top of the Palet where you can intensify you Agna Chakra, or drop it down into the Chest to the Heart and the lower chakras.

There is also another funny thing I can mention.   Swivel your head and become very aware of the swivel point.  There, at that swivel point, or very close to it is a little gland the size of a pea.  It oscillates back and forth at about the rate of your heartbeat.  Even after years of meditating on it,  it still takes a few moments to get to.  Reaching your attention to it is like pealing an onion -- you get to it one layer at a time until suddenly you are there and the little thing is swinging back and forth or around and around.  The Flex Roar intensifies it and helps you to find it -- they are in about the same place, though I think the Roar is higher up in the Head.  But the Swivel Point Thing is more like Bruce's Awareness -- that is how you can access it.  Once you find that point and fix it in your awareness for a good 20 or 30 seconds, then you can move that Awareness Up to the Crown, or up along the palet to the Agna, or down to the Heart in your chest.  

When my old Kundalini Guru instructed us on that maneuver, I heard him say aside to one of his close friends "it is actually the top of the Heart Chakra".  So what I think we are dealing with here is the nexus between the heart and the head -- the highest of the lower Chakras and the lowest of the Higher Chakras.

RocketMan007

Yea, the roaring is a good description overall. I can make it faint as light rain falling on a roof, or like a jet liner flying over head. I can also really focus and make a high pitch full roar that is probably around 20,000+ htz. It sounds like the high pitch whine a tv makes that few people actually hear, but a lot louder, and when I concentrate to get it that high it takes a lot of energy and I cant do it very long.

I have been thinking of ways to see where it is coming from and one way to at least let people hear what it sounds like is to get a car stethescope with the long narrow probe, and then hook my computers microphone up to it. I figure if it is not purely mental, then there must be some energy translated from the vibrating ear drums back into the environment. Whenever I get water deep in my ears I can feel it vibrating when I make the noise. Its funny, I dont think anyone ever thought of using their ears as a speaker system before :)

Maybe between the 3 of us we can describe it enough to teach other people how to do it

Leo Volont

Quote from: RocketMan007Yea, the roaring is a good description overall. I can make it faint as light rain falling on a roof, or like a jet liner flying over head. I can also really focus and make a high pitch full roar that is probably around 20,000+ htz. It sounds like the high pitch whine a tv makes that few people actually hear, but a lot louder, and when I concentrate to get it that high it takes a lot of energy and I cant do it very long.

I have been thinking of ways to see where it is coming from and one way to at least let people hear what it sounds like is to get a car stethescope with the long narrow probe, and then hook my computers microphone up to it. I figure if it is not purely mental, then there must be some energy translated from the vibrating ear drums back into the environment. Whenever I get water deep in my ears I can feel it vibrating when I make the noise. Its funny, I dont think anyone ever thought of using their ears as a speaker system before :)

Maybe between the 3 of us we can describe it enough to teach other people how to do it

My ability to hear anything drops out at about 15 or 16Khz.  I know this because I once left a speaker hooked up on my test bench and just flung over the frequency dial to turn off the squeel, instead of actually turning down the amplitude gain.  This one guy yelled over at me to turn the darn thing off.  I thought he was kidding, but he could hear it.  It was just silence to me.  It was at about 20kHz.

Anyway, I can 'feel' as I lift it up toward the crown.  Before I lose the audio, it does go up in pitch.  So maybe it does become high pitched only I don't hear it.

JAW

Hi guys,
Yes I would very much appreciate if you could try and explain how you get the roaring noise.

I can currently change the pitch of the high pitched whining noise in my ears slightly, but I think that might be me moving my ear muscles slightly. If I take it to the extreme on purpose (I can move my ears) or if I clench my teeth it gives a similar sound effect change but not as pronounced... But yeah, I cant get the roar effect, sounds very interesting. I played around but couldn't feel any muscle that controlled it... Good luck trying to explain :)

Cheers
When you ask why some event happened, the only true and complete answer is "The Universe", because if any part of the Universe had been different, things would have happened differently - Eliezer S. Yudkowsky

RocketMan007

Ok, the best way for me to try to describe it is by focusing your attention. First focus your attention on your ears, then feel your attention move into your ear canal and down slightly. Then try to "wiggle" this part of your innear ear. At first you might only be able to do it for short pulses, and have to concentrate very hard, and by doing anything like breathing or moving might disrupt it. Once you practice enough you will be able to do it for a while without distraction. I can do it while running and talking at the same time.

I tried to AP this morning, and I was more concious through the process. I was again using brainwave gen to help. I got to the point where I could not physically create the noise, and then once my body started to seperate I could do it but it was an electrical buzz not a sound buzz, and right then is when the CD i burned the binural beat onto ended since I forgot to hit repeat and distracted me enough to mess me up.

I was also playing around with my speakers seeing how high of a frequency they could play without distortion. I got up to the 20,000 htz like it says on the box, and then remembered that rodents supposedly do not like high frequency. So I just went to the other end of the house with the speakers cranked hoping that it would help solve the problem of all the mice coming into the house for the winter. I left it on for about 10 minutes. That night I did not hear one single mouse running in the walls or climbing around in the closet. Seems like they really do not like high frequency sound... just thought I would mention that.

Leo Volont

Quote from: JAWHi guys,
Yes I would very much appreciate if you could try and explain how you get the roaring noise.

I can currently change the pitch of the high pitched whining noise in my ears slightly, but I think that might be me moving my ear muscles slightly. If I take it to the extreme on purpose (I can move my ears) or if I clench my teeth it gives a similar sound effect change but not as pronounced... But yeah, I cant get the roar effect, sounds very interesting. I played around but couldn't feel any muscle that controlled it... Good luck trying to explain :)

Cheers

Okay, Good.

Everyone who speaks of it coming passively is speaking of something else.  This roaring is turned on and off by flexing some muscle back in the middle of the head over the pallet.  I was wondering whether it is some strange muscle that not everybody can control... like some people can 'roll' their tongues and some people can wiggle their ears, but most can't.

For me it is as easy as opening and closing my hand, or my mouth, and about the same feeling, like controlling a muscle.

What I think is happening is that a passage is being closed, or openned.  The 'roar' is like listening to a Sea Shell.  Now why is it that a sea shell seems to be generating noise... but they do.  This is the same thing, except, being in your head it seems much louder.

OH!  I just had the wonderful idea of looking at myself in the mirror while doing it to see if anything moves.  Yes!  The front of my throat, near my adam's apple moves upward a little bit.  So I may be lifting something up to close off some air pipe.

RocketMan007

I definately need to get a stethescope, I tried to record it just using the microphone jammed into my ear, but there was too much background noise to show anything conclusively.

I dont know if it is blocking any airways. I used to have to physically strain to do it, sometimes moving parts of my face and neck in the process, but now I can do it with no visible signs. I can breath in or out, i can swallow food and water, I can run, talk and none of this affects the volume in any way. Maybe it is located closer in the inner ear. Maybe we can twitch some muscle close to or attached to one of the ear bones. I dont know if it is located above the pallete of the mouth, I kind of "sense" that it is almost connected to the inner ear at the same level of the ear canal and slightly infront of it. I forgot to mention but if i really try, and try to make it low level I can do one ear at a time.

JAW

I would be very amused if we could get some sort of ear expert in these forums, he might have clues as to what muscle youre using and where it is/what it does etc. :)
THanks for trying to explain tho.

Cheers.

Leo Volont

Quote from: RocketMan007I dont know if it is located above the pallete of the mouth, I kind of "sense" that it is almost connected to the inner ear at the same level of the ear canal and slightly infront of it.

Anglos and Americans speak from the mouth, but the French speak from the throat and pallet.  So I suppose you flex more forward than I do.  If I try I can bring the flex forward to where you say, but ordinarily I would keep it a few inches further back.  (when I say a 'few inches' realize that this does not account for sensations in the face 'seeming' to be larger than they actually are).

Leo Volont

Quote from: JAWI would be very amused if we could get some sort of ear expert in these forums, he might have clues as to what muscle youre using and where it is/what it does etc. :)
THanks for trying to explain tho.

Cheers.

Perhaps the important thing is not to overfocus on what is happening physically, but what is happening subtly.  I am convinced by my own experiences that somehow it helps the Kundalini, or Chi.  And Mr. Rocketman007 avers convincingly that it helps with Lucid Dreaming.

Besides, would knowing what it is help people flex it?  I can't ever remember it ever being difficult.  I am surprised that after telling people approximately where to Flex, nobody has been able to say "Oh yeah, That".

RocketMan007

I have tried the microphone experiments again, althought I havent found a probe stethescope that will adaquately amplify the sound. I did hear a very faint hmmmmmmm and a few pulses that I made, but it was very breif and hard to discern from the static. There is something definately there though.