Need some insight, please.

Previous topic - Next topic

theotherside

Hello everyone.  This is my first post.  I'm happy to finally participate in a astral travel forum :)

I have only astral projected once, and that was a few months ago.  It started in a dream; I became lucid in the dream, and then left my body.  I remember everything as if it was very real, yet dreamlike at the same time.  I knew I was out-of-body, so I looked towards the sky, said to myself "I want to see the universe", but suddenly, a giant, mechanical creature appeared in the sky.  I felt "the pull" and felt myself falling back into my physical body.  I wasn't able to see the universe.  Soon after I retreated into another dreamlike state.

Since that experience with the creature, I have not been able to project any further.  However, I dream almost every night.  I have a feeling this may help me successfully have an oobe.  I also feel that the creature may have to do with a type of unconscious burden I am placing on myself, blocking me from experiencing my true self.

Does anyone have insight they can share with me?  I'd appreciate any feedback, please..  :)
"The only thing that will redeem mankind is cooperation."
-Bertrand Russell.

Selski

Hello theotherside

Welcome to the Forums - hope you enjoy your stay.  :-)

You've probably answered your own questions.

The mechanical creature may have stopped you from seeing the universe for a very good reason.  This reason will be unknown to you now, but at a later date you may look back upon this experience and nod wisely.  Perhaps you are not ready to "see the universe".  It might be that seeing the universe would be too confusing/confounding/overwhelming for you right now.

The creature is most likely a self-created barrier.  However, Carlos Casteneda talked about an environment controlled by 'Inorganic Beings', which were tantamount to machine-like creatures.  And I remember a member of the Pulse having a very "real" dream about giant 'machine men' who replaced our diggers and building site machinery.

I suppose none of us really know what is what and what is not, and we can only guess. 

You say you dream every night - do you mean you lucid dream every night?  That is one doorway, or portal, to "the astral", although in my opinion a lucid dream is a projection.  It's based on switching your focus of attention away from the physical.  This can also be done via "phasing" which is basically stepping into a dream you were previously observing in your mind.

The key (imo) is lucidity.  Retain the lucidness and you can have astounding experiences.

Sarah

We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

theotherside

Thank you.  Yes, I do dream almost every night, yet I never really question it.  I usually simply "go with it"...  Sometimes I dream about dreaming, but I don't think I've ever became completely lucid before.  I know I've come close to it, though, if that makes any sense.
"The only thing that will redeem mankind is cooperation."
-Bertrand Russell.