quick question

Previous topic - Next topic

zorgblar

Is there any way to  split  my soul up into another body?

Mez

somehow I just dont think so...

Although an interesting concept along those lines is that... there is no space and time so everything is happening in the eternal now. So all of your future selfs and past selfs and alternate selfs are existing all at once although not as YOU but an ASPECT of you. So maybe you could find a way to go say hi to one of them? but you cant be them.

Tuilïnn

I don't think so. This isn't Harry Potter  :-D
   (sorry if you didn't quite get the reference)

Awakened_Mind

Well I've had experiences before where I have been projecting in the RTZ and suddenly felt an awareness of my body like it was calling me back. Similtaneously, I was aware of both my physical body lying still and my RTZ projected double. Motionless wondering whether it was time to go back.

Robert Bruce talks about something similar in his book "Astral Dynamics".

I call it more the splitting of consiousness, which to any person who has OBE's is self-evident in the experience. Your awareness splits from your body. To be aware of two bodys (physical and etheral/astral) is more rare.

As for the soul, well it really depends on your definition of the soul, which you'll find there is no real consensus on. I see it as being integrated into everything, a 'thing' that transcends the spatial and temporal dimensions. This raises a lot of intellectual paradoxes. How can you split something that exists nowhere in the first place?

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

Mez

yeah there are alot of those particular paradoxes...

as an interesting aside to this whole topic... Robert Bruce mentions that you can posses other bodies but he wont reveal how. I found THAT pretty interesting... I'd wanna posses my cat just for fun. Posession seems seriously immoral but if you just did it as an excercise it would be very interesting.

Sharpe

Quote from: Tuilïnn on September 10, 2007, 23:53:07
  I don't think so. This isn't Harry Potter  :-D
   (sorry if you didn't quite get the reference)

I hate you, there's probably something like that in harry potter 5, I wanted to see that movie!
SPOILER

Novice

You can still see the movie -- what he's referencing isn't in movie 5. Although I would highly recommend the books. The movies are good, but, as is usually the case, the books are much better.
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

smooth

if you "posses" someone, what happens to their soul? Do you kick them out, or just share the body?
-Chris

Awakened_Mind

Mez, where does Robert Bruce mention that you can possess another body?

-AM

greggkroodsma

Quote from: Mez on September 10, 2007, 19:18:48
somehow I just dont think so...

Although an interesting concept along those lines is that... there is no space and time so everything is happening in the eternal now. So all of your future selfs and past selfs and alternate selfs are existing all at once although not as YOU but an ASPECT of you. So maybe you could find a way to go say hi to one of them? but you cant be them.

Although the concept of there being no space and time might be true where there is no space and time, but here where there is space and time, that is a concept that does not hold water or sand or anything else that might make it a reality.  In the inner dimension there is no distance and in the inner dimension, all times are stored so that they are all prsent at once.

QuoteMez, where does Robert Bruce mention that you can possess another body?

-AM

Astral Dynamics, Chapter 3, p.44-72 , 'The Incredible Mind-Split'

'Two early OBE researchers and authors, Sylvan Muldoon and Hereward Carrington, attempted to deal with the subject of the commonly felt perceptions of duality - of being in two bodies at the same time, during an out-of-body experience - in their book, The Projection of the Astral Body.  Muldoon stated that the physical brain receiving two sets of perceptions at the same time caused dual perception.  He considered that one set came from the physical body and one from its projected double, via the silver chord connection.  The sense organs of the physical body, Muldoon surmised, must continue to function even though the physical body was left empty after the projected double made a conscious exit.
     For some reason, Muldoon and Carrington did not consider the possibility that consciousness could continue to function in two bodies at the same time . . .' 

He goes on to explain about the reflective nature and the portraits of the body in the memory.  What I think the answer to whether you can inhabit another body or split your soul is no you can't.  It is not the soul that can split, it is the doubles or copies that split and the copies do not have any volition or intention.

Awakened_Mind

When he's talking about bodies I think he's talking about physical and etheral bodies. Not my physical and your physical.

-AM

greggkroodsma

well, what are you talkimg about?

Mez

Quote from: greggkroodsma on September 14, 2007, 10:10:30
Although the concept of there being no space and time might be true where there is no space and time, but here where there is space and time, that is a concept that does not hold water or sand or anything else that might make it a reality.  In the inner dimension there is no distance and in the inner dimension, all times are stored so that they are all prsent at once.

Astral Dynamics, Chapter 3, p.44-72 , 'The Incredible Mind-Split'

'Two early OBE researchers and authors, Sylvan Muldoon and Hereward Carrington, attempted to deal with the subject of the commonly felt perceptions of duality - of being in two bodies at the same time, during an out-of-body experience - in their book, The Projection of the Astral Body.  Muldoon stated that the physical brain receiving two sets of perceptions at the same time caused dual perception.  He considered that one set came from the physical body and one from its projected double, via the silver chord connection.  The sense organs of the physical body, Muldoon surmised, must continue to function even though the physical body was left empty after the projected double made a conscious exit.
     For some reason, Muldoon and Carrington did not consider the possibility that consciousness could continue to function in two bodies at the same time . . .' 

He goes on to explain about the reflective nature and the portraits of the body in the memory.  What I think the answer to whether you can inhabit another body or split your soul is no you can't.  It is not the soul that can split, it is the doubles or copies that split and the copies do not have any volition or intention.

thats not what I was talking about at all.

No, Robert Bruce mentioned this in a post on these forums. I came accross it recently while searching up something and now the search term escapes me which is a real B**ch to be honest. The mind split is something different and I understand it. He was talking about definate temporary possesion of another physical body. IE INHABITING IT. but refused to give the process in which this could be done... and it was probly for a damn good reason. Theres no way in hell he'd mention it in his books. I think that would get people too curious and if someone figured it out that information could travel fast and be dangerous... I know If I figured it out I would keep it to myself. But I have some speculation on the issue... I Would think possesion may only be possible when the subject is a asleep IE they have projected naturally? But im sure there is ALOT more too this... probably some sort of trick or technique or method. Although you do sometimes hear of people being "possessed" although people generally shrug it off and question its validity... maybe theres more too it then we thought?...

Quote from: greggkroodsma on September 14, 2007, 10:10:30

There is no space or time period. Its a human construct and a necessary one at that. We couldnt live in the physical without the notions of space or time... time in particular. I dont agree with the "times are stored" statement... I do agree with them being present all at once however..

The universe is infinite, there is no space or time only the "Eternal now" the present moment. If you sit and observe this it becomes apparent. You may look at the clock, sit there for 5 mins and then look back at the clock and percieve that 5 minutes have past and that the time is now say 11:20am. But that time is not absolute... The "time" is different in different parts of the world. So the "time" isnt really 11:20am. That is only a perception based on the spatial position of the sun in your current location really. Thats how we keep our "time".

Awakened_Mind

I'm talking about conscious awareness. I think most definitions of the soul would see it as the deepest source. Since you are both these points of awareness then ultimately you are also a singularity composed of both. The bridge in between them perhaps, metaphorically. He says, and I have had a similar experiences that he was "aware of both". So who is the 'I' that is aware?

-AM

zorgblar

Do you think contacting a spirit guide about my problem would make any difference?

Awakened_Mind

No. Spiritual guides deal with issues relating to the spirit, so one probably woulnd't appear anyway. This type of issue is trivial to them. You can try.

I still don't think it's possible. My definition of the soul is almost turning into a collective entity, what connects all humans. We all have our feet in it. So it can't be split in that model.

The thing is, possession doesn't have a lot of evidence or credibilty. Any evidence it does have can be placed under serious scrutiny so generally any notion of it is left in tathers. It's currently a very weak idea, even in theory.

-AM