ROPE Technique

Previous topic - Next topic

ady

Hi, DukeLordxX!
Welcome to the Forum :-)

Try climbing a rope with closed eyes, u will see what it feels like!

Try this: visualise yourself in front of your body while concentrating on breath.

Good luck!

stephen~

The way I have always interpreted it is that instead of trying to see in your mind 'you' as a climber, with a mental image of ropes and hands etc, that instead you think of how climbing feels. Think back to what you can remember of climbing a rope as a kid, and that's all you need - a lose sensation of going 'up' a rope.

I bet you can visualise a route in your mind, driving from your house to some destination you know. You can probably do this and feel how it feels to travel that route. You don't imagine steering wheels or the interior of the car, but it is quite easy I think to 'feel' that journey as if you were in a car. That's what you do with the rope, it is not something you need to visualise in close detail. I quite like the rope, it is pretty handy for getting things going.

DukeLordxX

I just finished reading Treatise on OOBE and one thing that I am somewhat confused about is, how am I supposed to "feel" myself climbing the rope while not visualizing it? Also are there any other exiting methods other than ROPE that work well?