ROPE

Previous topic - Next topic

Squeek

Hey, this is my 50th post (new rank!!)  So i wanted it to be here.  As an update, i have learned of many new things in my lifde and havent tried ROPE for a while now. So when i try again i will get you updated.

~~~!
Marge: Homer no..You'll kill us all!
Homer: Or die trying!
!~~~

Squeek

I think i'm going to try a different method.. i found it a while back and just wanna see if it works.

~~~!
Marge: Homer no..You'll kill us all!
Homer: Or die trying!
!~~~

astralspinner

quote:
Originally posted by oohyeah:
I tried it today, but whilst I did get funny sensations, I found that my back/shoulder muscles became slightly tense too, like you would if you were really using your real arms to pull on the rope.

I get the exact same thing - when I visualise climbing a rope strongly enough to get any sensations, my arm and particularly my stomach muscles tense up and I have to stop to re-relax.

If anyone knows a way to avoid this, I'd like to hear it too.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Leviiathan

A tip for those avid ROPE climbers out there:

1) The technique is a 2-step process that tries to draw attention out of your body (the dynamics expressed here are universal to any other process involved not just in AP, but also in meditation as well and/or trance inducement).

2) When climbing the ROPE, don't waste your time or energy concerning yourself about grabbing it or holding it with your hand. The entire process works on the following dynamics:

-- breathing in, reaching up with one hand (tactile imaging).
-- Pulling yourself up (more or less inducing upon yourself the effect of raising... i.e. rising yourself up to match the position of where you hand is.

3) What works for me is a wall. It's flat, simple, and baseless (and invisible). I just reach out into the darkness, assuming a wall is there, and just fix my hand at a position. I don't concern myself over why my hand can somehow stay at a point without holding on to anything. The next step for me is to just pull myself up.

Unfortuantely, I end up loosing focus. Each pull-up becomes more and more prolonged and ulimately, less effective. My mind tries to reset the process / correct itself, and I wander off trying to get back into the process.

4) Trance isn't needed to experience vibrations, but the body and mind must be relaxed to an extent. Trance is merely the state of your body being asleep. If you climb the ROPE while not in trance, your body will tense up automatically (without you realizing it) and mess up your attempt. If your body is in trance (asleep), it shouldn't be able to react (at least in theory, by my guess).

Leviiathan

Hmm... waking up 2 hours early. That might work. Heh heh. I should try it. People seem to be having a lot of success with it. I find that when I've done it while still it bed, my mind is too lazy to even bother with the whole process of climing. No motivation, no energy. I give up before I've even begun.

Tom

Rope is my favorite projection technique. I can climb rope for hours at a time and often do. The thing is, though, that climbing the rope outside of my body makes me more aware of the body than even in daily activity. I come closest to being out of body when out walking by this standard. It seems like projection techniques glue me to my body harder than ever.

Zarklon

to induce vibrations conciuosly , do you have to focus on NOT focusing on the body the whole time ? Will focusing on a part of the body occasionally , make it take longer for vibrations to come? I can relax enough to fall asleep and even get wierd vertigo sensatiuons but vibrations ALWAYS catch me off guard at the wierdest times. Mostly when I dont really try to project..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe I can do anything. I believe I just have to learn more before I can make it happen. http://www.mutedfaith.com/images/spirit.jpg">

Loving yourself first is the most important step you must take before you can truly love someone else.

Feel free to ask me anything. I'll try to offer advice if I can.

Yahoo IM: Spiritual_guy_19
AIM: ScrotomicBomb

Squeek

wow today was odd.  At about 8 am my sis had kicked me offline so i had nothing to do.  By 10 i realized i could do some training instead of waste time playing GameCube :p  So after some minimal ki training i lay down and attempt an OOBe.  Well this time i got everything.  It started low, then the vibrations spread everywhere.  After a short while my heartrate picked up.  Pretty soon my hands felt like they were being pricked with tiny needles.  I was like "Yes.  Its finally going to happen!"  All the sudden theres a knock at my door. I open the door and my mom is there.  I felt like i had to kill her :p  She says "Good night" and walks away.  I was so just crazy at that point.  But not mad, because im never mad :p.  How close was i?

Zarklon

soudns to me liek you were very close ... I woke up from a vampire dream and felt like that .. my whole body was like pins and needles and I had this strange pressure feeling and some sorta subtle vibrations pulsating throughout my body.

Sounds to me like you were starting to realize that you body was falling asleep and you could have projected :)

I have the same problem someone else had , I think about climbing the rope and then I notice that my ceiling is coming up and I start over cause i dont like climbing up to the ceiling and making it feel liek I'm going out through my roof .. cause then I feel like i have to visualize the attic and then the night sky after that ...my muscles do tense up on me though. I hate it , I have to relax them from time to time. I only seem to get vibrations when I fall asleep in class while listening to the teacher lecture about various things.. I'll just feel this strange sensation over me and then realize I'm paralyzed totally.
Loving yourself first is the most important step you must take before you can truly love someone else.

Feel free to ask me anything. I'll try to offer advice if I can.

Yahoo IM: Spiritual_guy_19
AIM: ScrotomicBomb

Squeek

During the ROPE method, is all i do imagine I am climbing a rope with my imaginary hands?  Like, is that all I do?

~~~
There is no truth in lies,

but often there are lies in truth
~~~