Meditation?

Previous topic - Next topic

ryan1337

I've been reading a LOT on astral projection and attempting at least once a day. I've had pretty much no success but I'm not gonna let myself dwell on the negativity in that! My main problem seems to be staying "focused". My friend says he always meditates to clear his mind but I'm pretty sure Bruce says it's not necessary. Could someone point me in the right direction and if then, perhaps the best state of mind to press for? Also, how DO I keep focused? I always get so tired :[.

*on a side-note: when I get extremely close to the stage where I'm even minutely aware of my astral body, I see this black figure leaning over me and moving around me. Once it even seemed like it tried to get in my chest o.O I'm not afraid of it though. I usually try to to send it PUL or whatever and that seems to help me either mitigate his presence or have the ability to ignore him. I think this works because this is just increasing my awareness to a higher vibrational state? Idk.

Thanks to everyone for this great community! I usually find exactly what I'm looking for here :D
                                                                                                                              Ryan

AstralBeginnings

In my opinion, the best state of mind to be in to project is when you wake up in the early hours of the morning.  You are rested, but still in the trance like state of sleep. 
My Blog about my AP progression from almost day 1
http://astralbeginnings.com

Xanth

Quote from: AstralBeginnings on October 12, 2011, 05:52:51
In my opinion, the best state of mind to be in to project is when you wake up in the early hours of the morning.  You are rested, but still in the trance like state of sleep.
^ This...

However, if you don't want to have to go to sleep or take a nap before you're able to project, then yes, you're going to want to learn to meditate.  Simply put, you meditate towards that "best state of mind" that AstralBeginnings speaks about.  If you can put yourself in that best state of mind regardless of day, then you're one step towards being able to project anytime, anywhere.  To me, that's the ultimate goal.

My perspective is that meditation is the foundation you build to begin doing all sorts of metaphysical/psychic things.