obe?

Previous topic - Next topic

dorian345

ok well yesterday in the morning i woke up at 7 am and had to drive someone to work, ne way i came back home and was still tired and was on the comp for an hour or so...

i ended up lying down on my bed and i started falling asleep  i guess, but i was able to kind of be awake and i was thinking to myself very faintly if i was sleeping or not then i started hearing running/dripping/flowing water, a  very strong wind noise and i felt realy light and after that i fell asleep

What ensued was a VERY vivid realistic dream about something i was thinking of earlier in the morning, what was this? was it even anything or am i just messed  :shock:  thanks

Kodemaster

Hi Dorian:

It sounds like you're getting close. As people develop their OBE skills, they start off by having lucid dreams and weak projections which feel like full-blown OBEs, but feature mind-created imagery in an earth-like setting.

Keep on keeping on!

Jen
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

dorian345

yea? hmm well i was wondering, how do i get this to happen again? it kind of just happend without me trying

kiwibonga

This is something that happens often when you realize you're asleep.

The trick is to make yourself walk the line between asleep and awake and eventually find a way to stay there, as Robert Peterson recommends (http://www.robertpeterson.org/obebook.html)

Here's part of something I posted at another message board:

QuoteI've managed to do this 3 times in a row tonight. I've had some light hallucinations on the way.

In the first hallucination I saw a bright orange glow stick. When I opened my eyes, it was still there, and it turns out it was light coming from under the door. I'm not sure if remote vision is forming or if my eyes were slightly open, but it was interesting.

The second time, I induced sleep by imagining one of those "falling down a cliff" nightmares. As soon as I hit the ground, I woke up and saw a big flash of light and my vision instantly became all white with a big red flower in the center. I think this was a hypnogogic image, and as usual, it disappeared as soon as I noticed it :(

The third time, I saw what looked like a small but tall fire right on my desk. It's only when I realized that moving shape was fire that I opened my eyes and saw that it was just light that had passed through the half-open door and projected on the wall, except it looked so real!

Anyway... I was going to ask for advice... How do you avoid getting surprised? If I'm too prepared, I never get to experience these images, but when I let myself drift, I always get caught off guard!

You mentioned "it happening without trying" -- this is exactly what you need to do! Just like expecting to fall asleep is the best way to stay awake, trying too hard to become conscious in your subconscious will prevent you from achieving your goal.

I have been practicing "falling half asleep" for a while now, and it's pretty tough to "forget but remember" what you were trying to do.

First, try Robert Peterson's exercise where you put your hand up while you're falling asleep and try to fall asleep that way -- when you fall asleep, your hand will fall or move slightly and wake you up. As you keep trying this, you will slowly gain the ability, like I have, to realize you've fallen asleep a few seconds after it happens.

The hardest part, unfortunately, is staying in a trance state... Like the experiences I quoted, every time I'm successful all the images and sounds disappear right when I notice them, and I have to start over!
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006