Sudden Intrusive Voice Saying Your Name/A Name

Previous topic - Next topic

lostsole

Quickie question for anyone who wants to answer.

Have others of you had similar experiences to the below and if so, what do you make of it?

Both my wife and I on quite a few occasions have had a voice pop into our heads out of the blue when meditating or sometimes when just trying to sleep or wake up.

The voice always says a name and in my case, it's always my own first name said to me, as if being called out to, to come, but in an almost angry or upset way.

My wife has heard names other than her own called out.

When this happens, the name comes in much louder than my thoughts and seems to originate in another part of my head, perhaps closer to my ear.

The other odd part for me in particular, is the name is usually said by my father (not deceased) in his exact vocal inflection or at times my now deceased mother. It is clearly their voice and they usually will sound stern/firm in how they state my name.

Again, it's very loud, clear, and right out of the blue, so much so, it is quite startling and not a part of my normal thought stream.

One of the times when the mom voice said my name, she swore right after like she used to when alive, when she was frustrated. She was very religious and rarely would swear.

One of the names called out most forcefully in my wife's head years back we could not place and had no meaning to us, but it sure startled her.

Anyway, it's weird.

Lumaza

My answer to this may seem strange, like many of our answers here regarding the NPRs do.

When I am in a "Retrieval" experience, that being helping a deceased soul that finds itself stuck move on, I can take on any appearance, voice, etc. needed to achieve the task in helping the discarnate to move on. I cannot though "
decide" for them. It has to be their choice.

A few weeks ago, I had a OBE experience from my bed that had an Entity taking on the appearance and voice of my wife that transitioned last year. For some reason, I knew it wasn't her. The Entity though used her appearance to mask it's own. Why, I have no idea. Other than the fact that it had a good reason to. It seemed like that experience was some kind of alignment, healing or attunement.

The voices you are hearing may have been there to just have you "question them". Perhaps at that time in your life, you needed to know that there was something beyond just our physical lives. When you become more proficient in this practice, you can seek out the reasons why you experienced what you did. Don't always expect an answer though! Knowing there is something else, seems to kind of have a way to help us not sweat the small things that occur in our physical lives. Sometimes the answers to our NPR questions can have such simple answers.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

LightBeam

Hearing your name during refocus is common. I myself have experienced it as well. You have to understand that you are a multidimensional being experiencing many realities simultaneously. Just because your current perception oriented into this reality give you the illusion that your entire consciousness is here and now. Then you think when you project is at another place, and so on, being in one place at a time, but this is not accurate. So, the moment you start tuning into the multidimentional layer of your experiences, you can start hearing parts of interactions that are going on, or visuals of something that another part of your consciousness is involved with. Nothing to worry about and nothing unusual. There are many possibilities of the actuality of who and why is calling our name. When you AP you can ask to see that person and why are they calling you.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

lostsole

Quote from: Lumaza on September 18, 2023, 12:15:53A few weeks ago, I had a OBE experience from my bed that had an Entity taking on the appearance and voice of my wife that transitioned last year. For some reason, I knew it wasn't her. The Entity though used her appearance to mask it's own. Why, I have no idea. Other than the fact that it had a good reason to. It seemed like that experience was some kind of alignment, healing or attunement.

Well, first and foremost, I'm terribly sorry to hear that your wife passed Lumaza. : ( I would be utterly heart broken if I lost my wife despite I know we go on 100%.

My elderly father has sure gone through a hell of loneliness since my mom passed on Christmas day, the one before last. And, she died screaming in horrific ongoing pain for weeks from Encephalitis of the brain and shingles going on at the same time. Really tore him up, well, all of us kids also. To make it even stranger. My mother's mom (My Grandma) passed on Christmas day also, ten years earlier. Merry Christmas yet again.

Anyway, yes, that is a strange experience. Seems like it could be both good and bad in a way, stirring up memories, losses, tough emotions, but at the same time getting a healing, etc.

I'm not particularly fond of the idea of entities playing as someone else. I would prefer they be truthful and be who they are. I mean, maybe if their form is not "normal" to us, perhaps it would be startling, but nevertheless, I would prefer truth to fiction.

You may be right, just something to question or raise something in me, or even some entity just messing with me and my wife. It still happens to this day off and on.

It's cool that you help people move on. After my wife's father passed this spring, we started having lights in our home blink subtly fairly often which did not happen prior to his death. We both wondered if it was him saying hello, or if he was stuck in the astral?

Volgerle

I literally 'heard' voices in the Void or during what I suspect to be an 'etheric' projection. It was my helpers dragging me out or holding my energy body (hands, etc.) and sometimes I assume it was only 'beings' of whatever origin. Once (again in 3D Blackness) I heard one being speaking in a funny high mickey mouse voice who told me it was from 'another dimension'. Unfortunately I could not go on with the conversation as I blinked out.

When this happens, I really hear them like they are next to me in the physical room and (as if) with my ear organs. It is creepy to say the least.

lostsole

Quote from: LightBeam on September 18, 2023, 12:27:54Nothing to worry about and nothing unusual. There are many possibilities of the actuality of who and why is calling our name. When you AP you can ask to see that person and why are they calling you.

Thanks for your great response as usual LB. I would not say I was worried, more just curious how common it was. I do realize that we are existing within a multidimensional state and all this stuff isn't out there per say. We are it, swimming in energies of all sorts.

Regardless, it is strange and it's always my name, not anything else, like "how the hell are you?" or, "I saw you pick your nose," or whatever.

So yes, my intent to AP/OBE is specifically to find the right sort of beings/higher self, etc., and to ask questions. I think I'm now maxed out of getting my education from channelings, psychics/mediums, NDEs, etc., and want to have my own experiences out there or meet my own "buddies" on the other side to pick their brain about my concerns. That's not to say I won't continue reading other sources, but it is time for direct experiences all these decades later since I woke up.

Lumaza

Quote from: lostsole on September 18, 2023, 12:33:51Well, first and foremost, I'm terribly sorry to hear that your wife passed Lumaza. : ( I would be utterly heart broken if I lost my wife despite I know we go on 100%.
Thank You for your kind words and my condolences on the loss of your Mother and Father as well.

I understand the life/death process and had no problem with that. What I did not understand and till don't is all of the unnecessary physical torture that the person goes through. The cancer my wife had ate right through her spine. Mind you, she was on enough pain killers to take down an elephant, but that is not living. 
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

lostsole

Quote from: Volgerle on September 18, 2023, 12:36:29When this happens, I really hear them like they are next to me in the physical room and (as if) with my ear organs. It is creepy to say the least.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. The Mickey Mouse voice sounds cool and creepy at the same time! My male dog's name is Mickey, and the girl is Minnie.

Anyway, I wanted to add, like you said, there was one time, the name calling indeed did sound like it was outside my ear, or in the room. That was back around the turn of the century. Most the time though, it is within my head but from a different position then where I would place my normal thoughts.

Interesting experiences. Thanks again!

Lumaza

Quote from: lostsole on September 18, 2023, 12:43:05but it is time for direct experiences all these decades later since I woke up.
That kind of thinking will take you far in this practice. It seems it is time to put down the books and go experience it for yourself. The books have guideline and blueprints, but they are not etched in stone. To be successful in this practice, on a continuous level, you must always don your "Explorer's Cap" and go learn what you can learn and see what you can see. Don't question it during the session. There is plenty of time late for that. Become a good "observer" for now.

lostsole

Quote from: Lumaza on September 18, 2023, 12:43:35What I did not understand and till don't is all of the unnecessary physical torture that the person goes through.

THIS! 100% I mean, WTF?

I'm so very sorry your wife as well had to endure that sort of thing.

For what it is worth, as you know, I read a lot of NDE's. In many of those, the person would pop out of their body just before intense pain, drowning, being run over, on and on. Thus, maybe, in the case of your wife and my mother, perhaps they were OBE during some of the worst parts and we were just witness to the body dealing with the pain and not the soul. When they were conscious and speaking to us while going through the pain, then I don't know.

But yeah, wow, the cancer eating through her spine situation would be just awful beyond words. : (

lostsole

Quote from: Lumaza on September 18, 2023, 12:50:31That kind of thinking will take you far in this practice.

Thank you. My intentions are quite firm. : )

EscapeVelocity

As LB wrote- the occasional voice(s) in your head can be from many reasons particular to you. Have you ever answered them back, asking what they want or what information they may wish to impart? We all have NP guides working with us, but they usually remain in the background. Some few psychics and channelers appear to have ongoing conversations with some of their guides. So, if the voice is happening during meditative or sleep/wake transition periods, this could be a possibility. Your interest in channeling may have opened a conduit, of sorts.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

lostsole

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on September 18, 2023, 15:40:43As LB wrote- the occasional voice(s) in your head can be from many reasons particular to you. Have you ever answered them back, asking what they want or what information they may wish to impart?

Oddly, to the best of my memory, I've not answered them back. Since it's typically my mom or dad's voice, rather I just sit there and wonder what the hell was that? Lol. But, you are right, I should do that. Maybe it's my guides using my parent's voices to get my attention, and it works!

I do have an interest in channeling and have always wanted to do it, but hearing my name called out is about all the deep info I have to impart to anyone that I have gotten "from the other side" anyway.