NEW Complication of Consciousness Discovery

Previous topic - Next topic

Astral Practitioner

I just won't to sort this out. You were talking about what happens when we are in a dream. Have you read about complications of consciousness in the chapter of astral dynamics?? Allot of people are complaining what Bruse has o say about missing the projected double while left behind in the etheric body. The chapter complications of consciousness is more complicated then that. Robert Bruse almost fulfilled this chapter to perfection but he didn't manage too. Here is my new idea to give solution to this problem people are complaining about. But he is very accurate of what he has to say about it.

What I think of his idea of missing the projected double is... I think he is partially correct. Last time I was typing about what happens when we gain lucidly and try to project. Sometimes we awaken directly into the projected double and the other times we are trapped inside of the etheric body while the project double is out.

Let me add more complications to complication of consciousness.

Not only can we shift consciousness into the etheric body and higher bodies.  What we are doing is projecting our dream mind possibly into the etheric body or higher bodies unconsciously everynight. This solves the problem why some people awaken directly into the projected double while other times the people awaken trapped in the etheric body while the projected double is out.

Something so simple yet causes so many problems without understanding.

Potatis

I have read about this in Astral Dynamics, but I am wondering if we really do have all these bodies, or whether it is just some perception?

Potatis

Astral Practitioner

Yes we do Potatis. You just have to experience it yourself. This is my new discovery. We cannot tune into a higher self because it's already being operated by the unconscious mind. That's why if we gain consciousness in the etheric body we can't tune into a higher selves because it will reel in the projected double. I find it strange other times we awaken in our projected double from lucidy. So my new discovery is...

Not only can we shift consciousness into the etheric body and higher bodies. What we are doing is projecting our dream mind possibly into the etheric body or higher bodies unconsciously everynight.  :) That's why the other times we find ourself in are higher bodies because our dream mind has projected into it. :o lol Do you know what I mean?

catmeow

Hi all

Personally I do subscribe to the theory of multiple bodies, physical, etheric, astral and higher bodies etc.  Each has its own associated level of consciousness.  This is in fact Eastern Tradition thinking.  I choose this because it explains most or even all of the observed facts most easily.

Yesterday I posted here

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15313&start=78

giving several examples of OBE experiences in which the physical body was completely awake and active (in one case taking a driving test) whilst the OBE'r was outside his body observing it.

I believe we have multiple bodies each with its own independent consciousness.  Sometimes these are "in phase" and sometimes they are not.

Etheric consciousness is what we would call "dream consciousness".  Astral consciousness is much higher than dream consciousness, even higher than physical consciousness.

These ideas are entirely consistent with RB's teachings, and in fact with most philosophies.  

Of course the physical/etheric/astral model is exactly what it claims to be, ie a model.  It's just a set of rules to explain the observed facts, and also to predict behaviour.  Note: a model is just a set of rules to explain something.  It doesn't mean that there actually is an etheric body.  It's just that this percept is the easiest way of explaining what we observe.

Hope this makes sense...?!  :wink:

catmeow
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

Potatis

Well to me it seems you are saying we have these multiple bodies, and at the end you say we may only just perceive these different bodies, which is what I was wondering. I can only take your word for it, as I have not yet any experience for myself. I was just wondering to myself that it might be just one "body" that vibrates to a greater or lesser extent at times to become these other bodies you mention, but I have read somewhere that people think these bodies can all exist at the same time, therefore there really are multiple bodies.

Does anyone know this as fact or is it just a theory? Does anyone think there may be no bodies at all, but our consciousness changes differently at times so there is a perception of different bodies?

All of this probably doesn't matter, but sometimes I worry about belief systems which might bring about limitations. If I perceived myself in some low energy body, I might think that I can't reach the highest astral levels, whereas I'd rather believe that if I got myself OOB, then I could go anywhere I desired without limitations.

I was just wondering. I'm not arguing one case or another because I really don't know, or have any fixed belief. :-)

Potatis

Astral Practitioner

From Potatis

Quotethat vibrates to a greater or lesser extent at times to become these other bodies you mention

Can you be a bit more specific.

Astral Practitioner

Yes we do experience multiple bodies when we leave the body. Sometimes we remember both of the experiences and other times we forget. Sometimes the other bodies are operated by unconsciousness during a obe and other times they are recording their own experience consciously then it gets downloaded into shadow memories which may cause confusion from having two experiences.