Trance State to Astral Project

Previous topic - Next topic

dlj92

I'm trying to project and in order to accomplish it i need to be in a trance state. I have been trying to practice getting into a trance, but i have some trouble. Do any of you have in tips getting into a trance state. The method i use to get into a trance state is by visualizing a rope.

CFTraveler

The rope technique is not a trance technique, it's an exit technique.  Yes, it can get you into a trance, but then you have to use a different exit technique, and you will forever train yourself to 'not exit' with what IMO is the most effective exit technique there is, and that would be too bad.
There are many components to getting in a trance- you need to relax your mind and your body.  I usually relax my body first and then work to relax the mind.  I usually do progressive muscle relaxation and then move on to various 'mind taming' techniques- things that will keep your mind busy without having verbal thoughts, such as color breathing, counting breaths, and other pranayama style breathing exercises.  Then, I move on to mind quieting things, which can go from energy raising to just 'observing' whatever is in front of my eyes (from nothing at all to 'emptiness', color blobs or whatever- adding other passive observing like listening to my earhiss.
These types of exercises will help get you to trance, and also visualizations such as floating feeling, smoke ring visualizations, and others that make you feel movement are very good to get you in the trance state.
You can also add energy-body loosening movements to the above repertoire, and when you are in medium to deep trance, it's when I even start to think of an exit technique, not before.