Can't take control of my experiences

Previous topic - Next topic

rain_88

Hi everyone!

I've been trying to have OBEs in the last 2,5 months, and although I had some unusual experiences, I can't seem to overcome some obstacles.
I've been approaching the problem mainly from becoming lucid in a dream or separating from my body upon awakening, because I don't have the opportunity to get enough rest on weekdays, so I can't practice "direct" methods - I am tired all the time and just fall asleep when I try to induce sleep paralysis after sleeping for 4-5 hours.
Anyways, I am becoming lucid more often recently. It's not like I use reality checks or anything, I just spontaneously realize that I am in a dream, but I always lose lucidity after a few minutes. And I don't really have precise control over the experience, my thought do not "materialize" the way I want them. So these lucid dreams come with a relative blurry vision, and end up in a false awakening, and then a subsequent real one.
On the other hand, when I am able to separate from my body upon awakening, I feel so heavy that I can barely move or get away from my body. The only things I can see are shadows, it is like I can't open my eyes. Demanding clarity is not working. And I usually get stuck in a wall or something when I try to get away from my body. It is like I fell through that wall/door, hit the ground, but can't get up/move anymore.
Any suggestions?

rain
I am sorry, I am so, for the things you don't know
And as for the things you do, I am sorry for those too

NoY

I think you need to use your imagination more, after all you dont know where you end and god begins, try it

:NoY:

Rudolph

More imagination? I think he was asking about how to get more "clarity" after the exit. Imagination is an exit technique in and of itself, but once out it is NOT what I would recommend.

These complaints of heaviness and poor vision are very common.

I think it is best to improve awareness and clarity during regular daytime activity in order to improve those conditions in the OBE state. Meditation is a good start. Also short walking meditations. Improve diet and reduce alcohol or any other similar substances that one might be ingesting.

That sort of thing.
Beware the fake "seeker" who finds Truth to be abusive.

NoY

you dont think using the brow center more would improve his clarity?

Greytraveller

Hallo rain
About getting more clarity after getting out of body. Try two things,
First try an affirmation. Mentally recite something like, "Clarity Now!" or "Focus Now!".
Second, move away from the physical body as soon as possible. The physical body exerts a very strong pull on the astral/ethereal body and can prematurely end an OBE.

Sincerely
Grey

blidge

Quote from: rain_88 on March 10, 2012, 07:57:29
Hi everyone!

I've been trying to have OBEs in the last 2,5 months, and although I had some unusual experiences, I can't seem to overcome some obstacles.
I've been approaching the problem mainly from becoming lucid in a dream or separating from my body upon awakening, because I don't have the opportunity to get enough rest on weekdays, so I can't practice "direct" methods - I am tired all the time and just fall asleep when I try to induce sleep paralysis after sleeping for 4-5 hours.
Anyways, I am becoming lucid more often recently. It's not like I use reality checks or anything, I just spontaneously realize that I am in a dream, but I always lose lucidity after a few minutes. And I don't really have precise control over the experience, my thought do not "materialize" the way I want them. So these lucid dreams come with a relative blurry vision, and end up in a false awakening, and then a subsequent real one.
On the other hand, when I am able to separate from my body upon awakening, I feel so heavy that I can barely move or get away from my body. The only things I can see are shadows, it is like I can't open my eyes. Demanding clarity is not working. And I usually get stuck in a wall or something when I try to get away from my body. It is like I fell through that wall/door, hit the ground, but can't get up/move anymore.
Any suggestions?

rain
Hi, when you feel heavy upon exit state firmly and continuously till it happens "energy now"  and "clarity now" again again and again, it will happen with the right intent. Regarding obstacles i have had issue with obstacles, for me the answer is be determined to walk run through whatever is infront of you and know your going to be on the other side.

Its important to not let your past experiences cloud what you want to achieve in the future as i will manifest itself.

Let us know how it goes. 
Perception is everything, because you think you see it, does it mean its true?

rain_88

Quote from: Rudolph on March 10, 2012, 13:30:00
More imagination? I think he was asking about how to get more "clarity" after the exit. Imagination is an exit technique in and of itself, but once out it is NOT what I would recommend.

These complaints of heaviness and poor vision are very common.

I think it is best to improve awareness and clarity during regular daytime activity in order to improve those conditions in the OBE state. Meditation is a good start. Also short walking meditations. Improve diet and reduce alcohol or any other similar substances that one might be ingesting.

That sort of thing.

I haven't been drinking alcohol in six months and I am already a vegetarian :/...

rain_88

Quote from: NoY on March 10, 2012, 13:41:54
you dont think using the brow center more would improve his clarity?

I am trying to stimulate my third eye with sound files, meditation or just being aware of it...

rain_88

Quote from: Greytraveller on March 10, 2012, 14:57:21
Hallo rain
About getting more clarity after getting out of body. Try two things,
First try an affirmation. Mentally recite something like, "Clarity Now!" or "Focus Now!".
Second, move away from the physical body as soon as possible. The physical body exerts a very strong pull on the astral/ethereal body and can prematurely end an OBE.

Sincerely
Grey

Well, that IS the problem, that I can't get away. Maybe I am not focused enough on reciting that affirmation...
Thanks for everyone!

todd421757

I have found if I can separate through the top of my head, I don't have any issues with clarity or unable to move. If I separate through the abdomen, I have many difficulties with out of body experiences. If you want a technique that allows you to separate through the top of the head, then let me know.

rain_88

Yes, I would like to hear about it :).

todd421757

rain_88,

This is an OBE technique taken from the Oliver Fox book titled "Astral Projection A record of Out-of-the-Body Experiences". This is currently the only technique that I know which effectively separates your soul through the top of your head. Occasionally it will feel as though your soul is shot like a cannon through the top of the head. Other times it may be a gentler separation like steam leaving through the top of the head.

Let us now consider the Way of Self-induced Trance, where our starting-point in not from a dream but from waking life. Briefly stated, the problem before the experimenter is this: to send the body to sleep while the mind is kept awake. Favorable times to experiment are after a substantial rest or when we wake in the morning for the body is then naturally disposed to enter the trance state.

Having found a comfortable position either in a recliner chair or a bed, the student should concentrate upon an imaginary trap door within the center of the head. His/her breathing should be deep and rhythmical; his eyes closed, but rolled upwards and slightly squinting. Eventually he/she will feel numbness, starting at his feet and traveling up his legs until eventually it spreads all over the body. This numbness deepens into a sensation of muscular rigidity, which may become painful, especially in the muscles of the jaw, and there is a feeling of pressure in the center of the head. At this stage, he/she will have the effect of being able to see through his/her closed eyelids, and the room will appear to be illuminated by a pale golden color. He/she may also have the illusion that someone is trying to wake him or keep him from making the OBE adventure. He/she should tell himself or herself that such apparitions are subject to his/her mind and are powerless to harm him/her; and he/she should disregard any interrupting influence -- even if it seems to precede from his/her wife or husband! For I think it is practically a certainty that if any person were really there and trying to wake him or her, the trance would be broken at once.

And now the student will be experiencing the very strange sensation of having TWO bodies: the painful physical one and, within it, the soul body. He/she is ready for the next step, which is, by a SUPREME effort of the will, to force this soul body through the imaginary trap door in the center of the head. It will seem to him/her that this soul body now rushes up the physical body and becomes focused in the center of the head (pineal gland) and pushes against this imaginary trap door. At this point the pale golden color increases to a tremendous amount and the sounds in the center of the head increase to a louder volume. If the OBE attempt should fail, the pale golden color and the sounds decrease, and the soul body become connected again to the physical body.

If the OBE attempt succeeds, he/she will have the extraordinary sensation of passing through the trap door in the center of the head, and hearing a CLICK SOUND. The room is evenly illuminated by the pale golden color. There is a sense of calm feeling. He/she has passed through the trap door (pineal gland) in the center of the head and has achieved an OBE. Once the student has passed through the trap door he/she must float away from the physical body. Sometimes it is easier to just will the soul to another location in the bedroom (like the doorway). If the first attempt should fail, it is a good idea to strengthen the trance by continuing the concentration for a little while before making the next OBE attempt.

rain_88