Is schooling really neccessary...

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaki

Just came to me once my teacher concluded an F for my mark...

Will physiscs/math and such really be of use in the afterlife?
i know i wont probably have to calculate anything...

i guess philisophy whould be usefull?

kurtykurt42

The Universe is based on mathematics and physics, not philosophy....

Stookie_

Quote from: Vedyl on December 20, 2011, 05:52:44

Those things are to help you out here. It facilitates our thinking and learning to get what we need. You don't learn math so you can use it after death, you use it to balance your budget and pay bills. Science helps us understand what we can't directly perceive. Philosophy and religion helps bring us (or tries) to what we can't physically experience.

Volgerle

Will physiscs/math and such really be of use in the afterlife? i know i wont probably have to calculate anything...
What you learn in school is for this human life. One of the evidential core elements of many NDE and/or mystic experiences shows us that when fully on the other side (not as projector, but after earthly death) you might have access to knowledge (about life, realities, God(s), the universe, etc.) as well as to computing capabilties far beyond what you now even could imagine. So I would not worry too much if anything what we "learn" here painstakingly, within the range of our limited human capabilities, via the official education system (which is mainly directed by a left-brain curriculum, which again is tuned solely to 'survival' in this physical reality) might be of any relevance at all to you in the larger reality. The bets are higher that it won't matter at all. However, you are indeed here to "learn", but on a far different level, and it's not what they teach you in school.

Lionheart

The Astral Plane has a school and a teaching method of it's own. No physical school can prepare you for what you are about to see.  :-)

Xanth

If you're trying to get out of learning important things... you can't do it.

It may not be of use to you after your life in this physical reality is over... but it's sure as hell good use to you while you're here.
And you're going to be here a while... so learn!